SPL's Neil Doncaster Causing The Hold Up...

SPL's Neil Doncaster Causing The Hold Up - SFA To Offer Rangers 'Temporary Membership'

[imgleft]http://www.rangersmedia.co.uk/images/resized/images/wv17splagm_200_200.jpg[/imgleft]It has been reported on the STV website this evening, that the SFA are very close to giving Rangers a 'temporary membership', in order to fulfil Sunday's Ramsden Cup tie, away to Brechin City.

This offer of a 'temporary membership' will no doubt be met with great frustration from all Rangers supporters, as this saga again looks to drag on for another week.

The STV article states that this 'temporary membership' will only be valid until next Friday (August 3rd), by which time the transfer of the SPL share from the Ranges Football Club plc to Dundee FC, must be completed, before full 'conditional' SFA membership can be granted, with the SPL's blessing.

According to STV's Grant Russell, the SPL share held by the Rangers Football Club plc, can be forcibly removed after twenty-eight days and it is that SPL share which is causing the hold up. Charles Green seems to be able to have the power to tell Duff and Phelps (who are still in control of the Rangers Football Club plc) when they can transfer the SPL share to Dundee FC - until August 7th that is, when the SPL can forcibly transfer the share to Dundee FC.

Why won't Charles Green sign off the transfer of the SPL share? Because Neil Doncaster won't drop the investigation in to the allegation that Rangers made non-contractual payments to players. Stalemate.

Charles Green won't back down. Neil Doncaster won't back down.

Assuming this stalemate continues all next week, will we see another 'temporary membership' being granted so that Rangers can play Peterhead next on August 4th, to avoid the postponement of the first game of the SFL3 season?

It is an absolutely dire prospect to consider, but I am not sure I can see an Charles Green and Neil Doncaster coming to an agreement.

I hope for Rangers and Brechin's sake that some form of SFA membership is granted this evening, be it 'temporary' or full, because the uncertainty simply cannot carry on until tomorrow. It is not fair to either club, or any supporter of either club, who has bought a ticket!

Its liewell thats pulling the strings.. Cause the Mhanky Mob will get the titles as runners up.. Why the fck has the chairman of the Mhanky Mob got a say in this.. The only way that fecking lot can get titles is by default.. I'm getting really fucking pissed off now

Surely the SPL share is not Green's to hand over. Is it not with the Oldco i.e. D&P?

Exactly what I thought initially, but @STVGrant told me otherwise on twitter. He knows more about rules and legislation than I do, so I'm prepared to believe it!

This is a fucking shambles, get on with it. Pull your head out of your arses and give us our membership. We've been punished enough.

I agree.. Its Friday night and I'm too depressed to even mess about anymore.. Its shocking the way we've been treated.. We're all obsessed with Rangers on a daily basis.. But since CG took the headlines the day the mhanky mob won the tainted title.. Its been a fuck up

Exactly what I thought initially, but @STVGrant told me otherwise on twitter. He knows more about rules and legislation than I do, so I'm prepared to believe it!

Fair enough, this whole sorry saga is scrambling my brain. Can't make head nor tail of it anymore.

what I dont get is what makes Green think the SPL will drop the investigation? I thought the issue was, we were denied the right to appeal any decision. If he cant stop the investigation then he should be fighting for the right to appeal any result.

I think that this illustrates the lengths that Doncaster is willing to go in order to cripple us and wreak havoc on our club. I've also no doubt that the man fae the San Giro is pulling the strings and is the eminence grise behind this witch hunt.