how many Golds will team GB win

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3rd overall would be an almost impossible achievement. Iv no idea what sports the Russians are usually getting all their golds in but they have had 32, 27, 23 golds a the last three Olympics. They are only on 3 golds at the moment. Would be unreal if we could somehow finish 3rd!!

We MUST break the 20 barrier after tonight!

3rd overall would be an almost impossible achievement. Iv no idea what sports the Russians are usually getting all their golds in but they have had 32, 27, 23 golds a the last three Olympics. They are only on 3 golds at the moment. Would be unreal if we could somehow finish 3rd!!

We MUST break the 20 barrier after tonight!

They normally get their Golds in Wrestling (those hefty women); Athletics; Gymnastics and Synchronised swimming from what's left- I think they are on course for where they normally are at this point in the Olympics and do normally get most of their medals in the second half of the olympics. I do think we'd struggle to get 3rd to be honest.

They normally get their Golds in Wrestling (those hefty women); Athletics; Gymnastics and Synchronised swimming from what's left- I think they are on course for where they normally are at this point in the Olympics and do normally get most of their medals in the second half of the olympics. I do think we'd struggle to get 3rd to be honest.

Events still to come that were competed for at Beijing:

Gymnastics - 2 golds

Athletics - 6 golds

Wrestling - 6 golds

Sincronised Swimming - 2 Golds

Boxing - 2 golds

So far they are under achieving compared to Beijing in sports that have already been decided aswell.

If ever there was a chance to get 3rd then this must be it, a massive massive ask but surely still possible!

Edit: also they have gradually got worse over the last 3 Olympics (32 golds to 27 Golds to 23 Golds).

I'd also like to thank Gilette for making my mind up on whether to go for more or less 19.

Easy money :pipe:

As I said earlier mate

Whatever I bet, bet against it

I honestly must have the record for consistent bets fucked

I can bet a 1/10 shot and I'd lose cash

I'd say a bit of both.

Though in general terms I think we like a moan and also hate to come across as arrogant.

Moaning is all part and parcel of life and we're all guilty of it! :sherlock:

A touch of well-informed arrogance would be preferable to some of the ill-informed sniping that is all too prevalent.

Moaning is all part and parcel of life and we're all guilty of it! :sherlock:

A touch of well-informed arrogance would be preferable to some of the ill-informed sniping that is all too prevalent.

Of course, we as a nation do enjoy it more than some though.

I'd agree with you on that point also, I would say we underestimate our hopes just so we can enjoy the moment more if we succeed.