You can't rewrite history Ally - Keevins Blog

Ace

THERE would be something wrong with Ally McCoist as a person if he wasn't hurting over Rangers.

The thing he loves most outside of his own family has been held up to public criticism and official reproach for the past six months.

But is the strain now showing 
through in his statement accusing the 
game's governing bodies of lacking 
moral integrity?

Rangers will today begin the first day of the rest of their lives with a new 
name, a different owner and years of 
rehabilitation ahead of them.

Ally has had to be the spokesman for the cause because he is the only credible custodian of the club in the eyes of the fans who have yet to accept that Charles Green is the man rightfully at the helm inside Ibrox.

But the Ibrox manager needs to retain a sense of balance when it concerns the issue of how Rangers have been treated by the SFA and the SPL.

McCoist says that Rangers have 
been badly mismanaged for the last 10 months.

Yet he omits to mention former 
owner Craig Whyte by name and 
conveniently airbrushes his predecessor Sir David Murray from the oldco's 
history at the same time.

That will be the same Sir David who said he would only pass Rangers on to someone with the club's best interests at heart - then claimed to have been duped by Whyte after it emerged he'd sold the club into disgrace.

This refusal to implicate Murray 
overlooks debts of £134million that 
were run up before the road to liquidation was undertaken.

And it fails to take EBTs and problems arising from alleged dual contracts into account at the same time.

The scatter-gun statement accuses the ruling bodies of lacking moral 
integrity - but they allowed Ally to 
sit in on the business meetings at 
Rangers' request.

And that showed they were trying to be just by taking into account his unique situation as a football boss required to immerse himself in business matters.

Ally also got it wrong when he asks why the club has had the prize money 
for finishing second in the SPL last 
season withheld by the beaks.

That betrays a failure to take into account the fact they owed other 
clubs money for players bought to 
strengthen Rangers.

And, incidentally, it dismisses Rangers' failure to hold on to a 15-point lead in the title race that was eventually won by a resurgent Celtic.

Hibs' chairman Rod Petrie also 
gets it in the neck from Ally for being 
part of an SFA hierarchy that has 
apparently lacked leadership.

But Petrie, for all his faults, was only involved in Rangers' case because SFA president Campbell Ogilvie was unable to compromise discussions, having been Ibrox secretary during a period when the club are accused of wrongdoing relating to players' contracts.

I expect Stewart Regan, the SFA's chief executive, will let the dust settle on 
Ally's outburst then explain matters 
from his perspective.

The last thing the game needs today is a slanging match to kick off The Rangers' introduction to Scottish football via 
Brechin City and the Ramsdens Cup.

Where Ally struck a chord was when he suggested the late SFA secretary Ernie Walker would have relished the prospect of immersing himself in all that's 
happened in recent months and brought a down-to-earth man's interpretation of the rules to bear.

This was the man I remember 
becoming embroiled in an argument over which anthem best suited the national team.

Ernie closed the debate by saying: 
"They can play She'll Be Coming Round The F*****g Mountain for all I care, so long as we win."

But would Ally have accepted a 
similarly-robust judgement from Ernie on Rangers any more than anybody else's if it didn't suit him? Only if there was an admission of fault in the first place. The manager's statement appears to 
pander to the fans while overlooking inconvenient truths.

The manager should also understand one great irony of his club's situation.

If Green does his job properly the 
Rangers newco will one day emerge in the SPL in a debt-free state.

Their greatest rivals, Celtic, will in all probability have accumulated greater debt in the meantime.

That's why Hoops chief executive Peter Lawwell was reduced to sending out what amounted to a begging letter to fans, asking them to buy season tickets in 
sufficient number to compensate for the loss of Rangers from the SPL.

Celtic did what they felt was right 
for the game by refusing to vote for the newco's admittance to the SPL, but the 
certainty is principle will cost them in the end.

Rangers should go to Brechin today intent on rebuilding the club's image.

The job of rebranding would be best served by accepting the consequences of previous mismanagement.

McCoist remains one of my favourite people in the game.

But if you can't tell a friend when he's wrong then you're not much of a pal.

http://blogs.<No links to this website>/hughkeevins/2012/07/you-cant-rewrite-history-ally.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheSundayMail-HughKeevins+%28The+Sunday+Mail+-+Hugh+Keevins%29

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Now, rather than rant that Keevins is a taig fuck or some other insult (even though its appropriate and feels soo right), how about calmly debunking each point he makes that you disagree with !!

Now, rather than rant that Keevins is a taig fuck or some other insult (even though its appropriate and feels soo right), how about calmly debunking each point he makes that you disagree with !!

Ok I wil start...Keevins is a Taig cunt!

Point 2 Keevins is a Taig cunt

Point 3 Keevins is a Taig cunt

Point4 Keevins is a Taig cunt

Point 5 Keevins is a Taig cunt

Ok, well first things first. How are Rangers starting with a new name ? He can't be referring to the holding company (whose name has changed) as he says that "Rangers...start today..with a new name". As the new holding company started life some weeks ago, the only thing he can possibly be referring to is the team, which indeed starts today. However the teams name has never changed, it has always been Rangers.

So is this guy, ignorant or a liar ?

Rewriting history :lol: fuck off shug :wanker:

Ally stated in a few interviews that we had to accept being punished for CWs crimes, he also stated that we have been punished with a 10 point deduction, banned from European competition for 3 years, loss of about £20m worth of players for fuck all, demotion to the third division, signing ban for 12 years.

Is that no punishment shug ya bitter cunt :wanker:

Rewriting history is something we don't do, we make history and you would do well to remember it. Just watch BBC Alba at 3.05 today and you'll see the next chapter being written.

Rhat

Keevins is an absolute cunt of a man. His voice alone makes me want to punch him, never mind the pro-tarrier bile that the cunt spouts

Ok I wil start...Keevins is a Taig cunt!

Point 2 Keevins is a Taig cunt

Point 3 Keevins is a Taig cunt

Point4 Keevins is a Taig cunt

Point 5 Keevins is a Taig cunt

That went down well, Ace :praise: :praise:

Irrespective of the amount of debt, the problem was that Rangers found themselves unable to structure it in a way that allowed them to service it.

There are a lot of clubs with bigger debts than Rangers who carry on regardless. What I'm struggling with are the various statements blaming that on or suggesting that McCoist or worse, the fans, are in some way responsible for or should shoulder the blame for that debt.

That is true Keevins, you can't rewrite history.....

We won the titles in 2003,2005,2009,2010 & 2011 on the park fair and square (11 men vs 11 men).

Keep that in mind for snide one super snore board when timmy tries to claim titles they never won....

Why bother to debunk his garbage. I got as far as 'Rangers will today begin the first day of the rest of their lives with a new 
name'.

When I was a IT manager loads of CV's used to come across my desk. Rule was one obvious lie -- I stopped reading and the CV and it went in the garbage.

Why should I waste my personal time with garbage. Sorry pish-head your first lie was enough for me to read no further. Leggo is a more credible journalist than this piece of shit.

Charles Green summed it up "This is Rangers and will always be Rangers"

No matter what any pished up old hack tries to tell us.

So that's Keevins and that complete fucking prick of a man Spiers coming out and spouting some drivel about Ally having an opinion and a voice, you would almost think that they don't want him to! The funny thing is that I don't remember either of these two idiots being so quick with the pen when Creature across the city (I never want to bring him into anything but it's double standards IMO) was going on one of his ignorant, vile rants about Scotland and Scottish football.

Well fuck the pair of them because we won't be kept down at heel by no one, we are Rangers!

The old £134 million debt pish again.

Craig Whyte pulled that number out of the air and every journo in this country takes the lying bastards word as gospel because it suits the agenda.

FUCK OFF KEEVINS YA FENIAN BASTARD. :wanker:

Repeat a lie often enough is the remit of the Taig.

'Four Priests' Keevins is a slug. :wanker:

Okay here goes with a sense of balance!

"They allow him to sit in" why shouldn't Ally be allowed to sit in, he has been the one constant Rangers representative throughout the complete saga which allows a unique perspective and the one true person who knows our fans feelings he's not a suit who has just joined the club

"cares to omit former owner CW by name" it doesn't take a Taggart or Sherlock Holmes type legendary detective to know who he was referring to as badly mismanaged over the last 10 months

Airbrushes DM time - Do you want Ally to start with our founding fathers original duscussion about having a dream, everyone knows our recent history and the story of the EBT has been THE story for all sporting journalist which you yourself have covered at large - oh buy the way Mr Keevins I missed your blog about us being found guilty it must have been a wonderful piece of investigational and financial journalism 134 million you say - wow no wonder the judges didn't take long to find us guilty!

Dual contracts - can we see them please! No didn't think so

2nd place money - okay I will give you that one we should pay our footballing debts, at least then those clubs that can't afford to pay their players wages three times before our payment was even due can blame us for not paying it and would that possibly mean they occurred interest by holding said payments - I bet they decided to give the occurred interest to charity or better still sponsored a mascot of another team or maybe even a player (can we as rangers fans sponsor a player who possibly could play against our rivals, it would be great but obviously it wouldn't be politically or sporting intergitarally

I don't give a flying fuck what Keevins and his septic loving contemporaries have to say , as it's lowest common denominator yellow journalism at its very worst. He is well aware that every thing he spouts is one sided and poorly researched. He is a very very poor journalist, and i consider myself an intelligent , educated person , and, therefore, have no interest in reading anything this man has to say. Please remove whatever tripe he has written from the Bears' den, because anything that comes out of his mouth should have no interest to any Rangers fan. He is one sad pathetic individual!

THERE would be something wrong with Ally McCoist as a person if he wasn't hurting over Rangers.

The thing he loves most outside of his own family has been held up to public criticism and official reproach for the past six months.

But is the strain now showing 
through in his statement accusing the 
game's governing bodies of lacking 
moral integrity?

Rangers will today begin the first day of the rest of their lives with a new 
name, a different owner and years of 
rehabilitation ahead of them.

I stopped reading just about THERE! :wanker::angry:

i really couldn't care less what any of them jobby jabbers have to say. the fact that they feel the need to comment on our club and not there own says alot about them and there shit club! the only interest i show is to my own club who have and always will be rangers :crabflute: