Complaint to Radio Clyde

bluechip

While I was on moaning to BBC Scotland, I thought I would have a rant at Rhadio Clyde as well. Their server is down , if you feel the same as me you can email John Dash at john.dash@radioclyde.com

Mr.Dash,

As your server is down a very helpful young lady has given me this email address to send my complaint to.

I used to be an avid listener of Radio Clyde. I loved all aspects of the radio station, not just your evening sports programme. In the last 5 months I have stopped listening to Radio Clyde as have many thousands of my fellow Rangers fans. The reason being that your sports programme, hosted by Jim Delahunt has become an open forum for anti Rangers propoganda. Before the programme broke for the holiday period, I would tune in now and again to see if the balance had changed any. Unfortunately it hadn't.

Anti Rangers bias has become a national hobby recently and you sports programme is top of the pile in this respect. Delahunt, Keevins, Guidi and the discredited journalist Graham Speirs to name but a few. I know there are a couple who try to make the show sound balanced, Daryll King for instance but they are few and far between.

It is not just the biased views of your pundits that is fundamentally wrong. There is also the way the show is managed by the biggest bigot of them all, Delahunt, that is so outrageous. This guy decides if a call is suitable to his agenda or not. Normally if the call is from a Celtic fan Delahunt will give him as much air time as he likes, whereas if a Rangers fan comes on he has very little time to make his point before Delahunt pulls the plug.

I understand calls that are abusive have to be terminated quickly. However if a Rangers fan has an awkward question that does not suit Delahunt, the caller should be given time to debate it properly, Scotland is a democratic country you know.

I can't see me ever tuning back in to radio Clyde, for the morning wake up call, on the radio outside my shower cabinet, on my radio in my works van or in the evening until your bias sports show host, Delahunt is removed and your other non Rangers sympathising pundits are given a lesson in the democratic process and how to listen and debate viewpoints that might not fit into their way of thinking.

Regrds

You will be fobbed off same as Bbc .Lorraine Herbiston chief of news will phone you and insult your intelligence by humouring you and say she and Graham Spiers are bluenoses .They are owned by German media Company called Bayer I think but your wasting your time with them

While I was on moaning to BBC Scotland, I thought I would have a rant at Rhadio Clyde as well. Their server is down , if you feel the same as me you can email John Dash at john.dash@radioclyde.com

Mr.Dash,

As your server is down a very helpful young lady has given me this email address to send my complaint to.

I used to be an avid listener of Radio Clyde. I loved all aspects of the radio station, not just your evening sports programme. In the last 5 months I have stopped listening to Radio Clyde as have many thousands of my fellow Rangers fans. The reason being that your sports programme, hosted by Jim Delahunt has become an open forum for anti Rangers propoganda. Before the programme broke for the holiday period, I would tune in now and again to see if the balance had changed any. Unfortunately it hadn't.

Anti Rangers bias has become a national hobby recently and you sports programme is top of the pile in this respect. Delahunt, Keevins, Guidi and the discredited journalist Graham Speirs to name but a few. I know there are a couple who try to make the show sound balanced, Daryll King for instance but they are few and far between.

It is not just the biased views of your pundits that is fundamentally wrong. There is also the way the show is managed by the biggest bigot of them all, Delahunt, that is so outrageous. This guy decides if a call is suitable to his agenda or not. Normally if the call is from a Celtic fan Delahunt will give him as much air time as he likes, whereas if a Rangers fan comes on he has very little time to make his point before Delahunt pulls the plug.

I understand calls that are abusive have to be terminated quickly. However if a Rangers fan has an awkward question that does not suit Delahunt, the caller should be given time to debate it properly, Scotland is a democratic country you know.

I can't see me ever tuning back in to radio Clyde, for the morning wake up call, on the radio outside my shower cabinet, on my radio in my works van or in the evening until your bias sports show host, Delahunt is removed and your other non Rangers sympathising pundits are given a lesson in the democratic process and how to listen and debate viewpoints that might not fit into their way of thinking.

Regrds

Well done that man! Have a rep.

Well done to the OP.

Surely there must come a time when thousands pissing into the wind actually make a difference though?

Edit: I did leave myself open there for sarky replies :craphead:

Well done to the OP.

Surely there must come a time when thousands pissing into the wind actually make a difference though?

Edit: I did leave myself open there for sarky replies :craphead:

On Golden Pond, cracking film mate. :uk::uk:

You will be fobbed off same as Bbc .Lorraine Herbiston chief of news will phone you and insult your intelligence by humouring you and say she and Graham Spiers are bluenoses .They are owned by German media Company called Bayer I think but your wasting your time with them

Pretty sure she's from good bluenose background

Their facebook comments on articles and the editing thereof, proves the agenda.

Rangers articles, but mainly Celtic fans having a go. When we point out that it must be the same Rangers, it becomes "but you're cheats" "Strip the titles".

When we point out the Penn State comparison for title stripping, it's an outrage as bad, if not worse than the actual crime itself.

Clyde then edit the comments.

It's like a North Korean media outlet reporting on the South Korean team and allowing only their own citizens to comment, whilst their neighbours were at the game and aren't allowed to comment.

That said, it's a bit of an unfair example. Kim Jong Il and Kim Jong Un aren't even nearly as evil as Guidi, Delahunt and Spiro the Brothel Creeper and are certainly far more balanced and democratic than the Clyde Republican Squad.

Someone should phone up Clyde and ask to speak to Kim Jong Un.

Thanks for the link sent this off - lets see what reply, if any, we get...

Dear Mr Dash,

As an exiled Scot living in the English Midlands I rely on programs

such as Super Score Board keeping me in touch with the latest

happenings in Scottish Football.

As an exiled Rangers Fan I'm sure you can understand that my thirst

for updates and news was almost insatiable during the last SPL season.

I downloaded your iPhone App but found it to be less than reliable so

I have, for the last 7 months or so, listened online to all of your

programs.

I have to say that I became extremely dispirited and downright angry

at a lot of the content of your broadcasts and the extreme viewpoints

that were allowed to be broadcast during these shows. In fact the

ridiculous perceived bias that your anchor and core presenters seemed

to be freely expressing without any reasonable right to reply made me

think that my team had carried out something akin to the human rights

abuses that were taking place in Tibet and East Timor.

Needless to say when any lone dissenting voice was allowed 20 seconds

or so to put across a favourable Rangers viewpoint they were

inevitably shouted down and on more than one instance Keevins accused

Rangers of depriving Hospitals and Nurses of vital potential

lifesaving equipment by avoiding tax payments!

The last straw was the on air discussion between Delahunt and Phil

McGiven, a former social worker with known extreme views and an almost

daily internet blog dedicated to besmirching Rangers at every

opportunity, where an obviously rehearsed dialogue took place about

what punishment would be meted out to Rangers despite no guilty

verdict being delivered.

I have tried on several occasions to ring through to support the true

Rangers supporters but was never able to get access to the presenters

so I have felt the need to mail yourself and ask if there has been any

editorial change for this new series of programs. If the same old jump

on Rangers at every opportunity is going to carry on as the expected

norm please let me know so that I don't waste my time and energy

listening to this.

Radio Clyde used to be known as a fair and impartial broadcaster that

steadfastly refused to take sides between Rangers and celtic but the

perception now is that it is 100% celtic. If this is the case then let

me know now as I have no wish to hear the same nonsense regurgitated

every 5 minutes with no apparent editorial control...

I hope that a new season will bring a refreshing change to Super Score

Board's content but will await to hear from you before deciding to

tune in further.

Regards

Thanks for the link sent this off - lets see what reply, if any, we get...

Dear Mr Dash,

As an exiled Scot living in the English Midlands I rely on programs

such as Super Score Board keeping me in touch with the latest

happenings in Scottish Football.

As an exiled Rangers Fan I'm sure you can understand that my thirst

for updates and news was almost insatiable during the last SPL season.

I downloaded your iPhone App but found it to be less than reliable so

I have, for the last 7 months or so, listened online to all of your

programs.

I have to say that I became extremely dispirited and downright angry

at a lot of the content of your broadcasts and the extreme viewpoints

that were allowed to be broadcast during these shows. In fact the

ridiculous perceived bias that your anchor and core presenters seemed

to be freely expressing without any reasonable right to reply made me

think that my team had carried out something akin to the human rights

abuses that were taking place in Tibet and East Timor.

Needless to say when any lone dissenting voice was allowed 20 seconds

or so to put across a favourable Rangers viewpoint they were

inevitably shouted down and on more than one instance Keevins accused

Rangers of depriving Hospitals and Nurses of vital potential

lifesaving equipment by avoiding tax payments!

The last straw was the on air discussion between Delahunt and Phil

McGiven, a former social worker with known extreme views and an almost

daily internet blog dedicated to besmirching Rangers at every

opportunity, where an obviously rehearsed dialogue took place about

what punishment would be meted out to Rangers despite no guilty

verdict being delivered.

I have tried on several occasions to ring through to support the true

Rangers supporters but was never able to get access to the presenters

so I have felt the need to mail yourself and ask if there has been any

editorial change for this new series of programs. If the same old jump

on Rangers at every opportunity is going to carry on as the expected

norm please let me know so that I don't waste my time and energy

listening to this.

Radio Clyde used to be known as a fair and impartial broadcaster that

steadfastly refused to take sides between Rangers and celtic but the

perception now is that it is 100% celtic. If this is the case then let

me know now as I have no wish to hear the same nonsense regurgitated

every 5 minutes with no apparent editorial control...

I hope that a new season will bring a refreshing change to Super Score

Board's content but will await to hear from you before deciding to

tune in further.

Regards

You could have added and by the way we have the largest support in Scotland and thus the largest potential audience whom you seem intent on alienating.

Guys, if you don't like these programs, don't listen. They are no more Anti-Rangers than they are Anti-Celtic. They are designed to get you annoyed so you will phone in and rant to the panel and give them your money.

Guys, if you don't like these programs, don't listen. They are no more Anti-Rangers than they are Anti-Celtic. They are designed to get you annoyed so you will phone in and rant to the panel and give them your money.

Seriously naw if they were designed for that they would let more rangers fans on as we are all pissed off.