Savage?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

See no reason not to register him as an emergency player.

This. It's not like we were unable to bench anyone for being overstocked on Sunday or something.

he's a prick. publicly slated Scottish football a number of times :wanker:

Given the way things have went recently, you can't blame him.

I don't understand why anyone has a problem with this, we've nothing to lose. Not that I think it will actually come to pass but a guy who was captaining an English Championship club this time last year would clearly be capable of doing a job for us in the Scottish lower leagues for a year or two.

He's being upfront and honest about the Saturday thing but it's good to see someone outside Scotland with a fairly high media profile giving us a bit of positive press. We've taken a kicking left, right & centre and now when someone actually shows a degree of support for us, some of us mock him.

Perhaps it would be the Robbie Savage Circus to an extent but if you look at the big picture, we'd benefit hugely too...it would also raise our media profile, particularly in England, and that's exactly what the SPL clubs so hate about us. That we have a huge following and interest in us. It's really a win/win situation.

It probably will never happen but if it does, as an emergency player, on no wages, in the grand scheme of things, we'd have nothing to lose by registering him.

so have bears over the last few months/years. I don't think he even has a bad disciplinary record either it's all the loud mouth image he seems to have.

Did he not have the most yellow cards in the premier league ever at one point :D, but would love to see him play for us.

Robbie Savage ‏@RobbieSavage8

If anything did come out of it it would be for emergencies ie suspensions , injuries, but still don't think it will happen !

Even as backup i don't want him.. The Robbie Savage show is not something I want overshadowing my club!

Agreed, he would be sent off in his first match I guarantee. Referee target straight away. Plus he's a bit if a knobhead

Wouldn't surprise me if we register him as an emergency, he comes up to a handful of training sessions and players <5 matches. Guys, let's face the facts...we're currently in the 3rd division...maybe it's to create the "Robbie Savage show" but I tell you what...if that sells shirts and gets publicity to the club. Great, we need it.

his main attribute when he was a player was he would run all day and get stuck in nowadays he wouldnt last half a game would rather give young players a chance. We already got exp in midfield with black or can drop Jig back in there and kafes if we sign him. Thanks for the offer but no thanks :21:

No qualms about it at all Robbie savage would be welcomed by me

Agree with other posters about not liking him for no apparent reason :lol: might be his gay hair doo but when/if he Pulls on that blue shirt he is one of us and becomes a good guy. He could come in handy midweek games in mid season when injuries in the squad come into Play, remember our shiity weather and these shitty grounds so I think there may be Plenty of calls offs and rearranged games for a guy like savage to be involved in.

Would raise the profile down south aswell which can only be good for us

He might be a prick but is a good footballer even at his age

Did he not have the most yellow cards in the premier league ever at one point :D, but would love to see him play for us.

aye i just checked wiki and it said he got 89 yellows doh i must have heard half a conversation and only picked up that he's only had two reds :lol: