Sky TV Deal Includes 5 Rangers Games Per Season

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was one of the few on here last Friday who thought we had been shafted when we secured a licence. Still the dual contracts hanging over us and we were forced into a media deal which gives the SPL financial security while the SFL get a pittance.

Like to know how it works.

Year 1 £10 million

Year 2 £10 million

Year 3 £10 million

Year 4 £17.5 million

Year 5 £17.5 million

Instead they average it out at £13m a year. In other words they are receiving an advance on future Rangers games from year 4 and 5.

I think the existing contract is 13m the next one was to be 16m per season but is now back to 13m.

Maybe Doncaster gave them assurances about restructuring. I never bought into the idea that Sky would do a runner after we went to SFL3. Sky are still paying a fraction of what they bring in from Scottish sport subs.

I urge anyone with sky to phone up and cancel at least the sports package and make sure to tell them why yes you might miss the ganes they do show but you can easily just watch it on the usual streaming sites for nothing anyway.

To be honest I'm with Virgin Media.. Have been for a long time.. Have never been with Sky.. I haven't cancelled the sports channels yet.. Was waiting to see what Rangers games my money was paying for.. But I will cancel tomorrow.. Virgin are showing "Sky Sports".. I'm not paying for "Sky Sports".. Will use the money for me and my family to go buy a season ticket if possible.. If not we'll go to the games as we are able to get tickets.. Can't wait :21: :21: :21:

I like Sky Sports for the EPL, La Liga and Golf on top of showing our away games. Chucking it now though, will get it back in for 1 month over the Christmas period when you actually get your moneys worth.

Fuck ESPN too, could not bring myself to listen to that failed abortion, toothless retard Burley any longer, especially with us in the 3rd Division.

Peterhead away 12:45pm. Once again, the supporters are a mere after thought.

Our biggest earner will be filling Ibrox. I'm looking forward to Rangers having one of the biggest crowds on a Saturday at 3pm and emphatic scorelines to boot.

Like to know how it works.

Year 1 £10 million

Year 2 £10 million

Year 3 £10 million

Year 4 £17.5 million

Year 5 £17.5 million

Instead they average it out at £13m a year. In other words they are receiving an advance on future Rangers games from year 4 and 5.

This seems to be doing the rumour mill,smacks of desperation with no thought to the future so it's probably correct.businessmen my arse, a short term plan,makes you wonder for the future cos that's a long fucking deal

I urge anyone with sky to phone up and cancel at least the sports package and make sure to tell them why yes you might miss the ganes they do show but you can easily just watch it on the usual streaming sites for nothing anyway.

Why, seriously?

This is one boycott i've never really understood, Sky are not to blame for any of this and i'm actually grateful if they'll be showing some Rangers game in the Third Division, I certainly won't be making every away game.