My Solution to no European Football

Considering we have no "official" European football for the next 3-4 seasons I would suggest the club attempt to organise a friendly tournament inviting nine other clubs from across Europe that have narrowly failed to qualify for the Champions League or Europa league (and possibly teams winning promotion to the English Premier League but no SPL clubs invited), running concurrently with the official UEFA tournaments each year we are not in Europe.

The format I would envisage could involve two groups of five teams playing each other twice (home and away). The Winner of one group would then play the runner up of the other group in a semi-final, with both semi-finals and the final being played at Ibrox. This could ensure at least 8 "European" games for the club even though it would not be a formal tournament. We could call it "The Ibrox Cup" and perhaps the ticket proceeds from the final could be donated to a charity. It might also be possible to sell TV rights to the BBC or STV.

I don't know if there would be any SFA or UEFA rules preventing this (for example are money prizes allowed for friendly tournaments?) but if not I'm sure we could find clubs to take part. It would also be good experience for the younger players we're bringing in to get experience against top flight clubs.

we should just arrange some freindlies against our blue brothers - linfield, chelsea and hamburg. we should get 3 full houses there and that is more cash for charles green to spend on getting us back to were we belong.

No reason why it wouldn't be allowed, but we wouldn't be able to televise it, as has been said above.

Could be a decent moneymaker - it'd be nice to include clubs like Portsmouth and maybe Malaga who are going through financial difficulties.

I thought Malaga got bought over and were minted?

we should just arrange some freindlies against our blue brothers - linfield, chelsea and hamburg. we should get 3 full houses there and that is more cash for charles green to spend on getting us back to were we belong.

Couldnt agree more

its a good idea but to ask teams from greece or turkey to come here for a friendly when they could have a big game on the saturday wouldnt work. why dont on sum champions league nyts we play friendlys against the EPL teams not in europe