Why you love Glasgow Rangers....

Based on the soccer am segment, tell us why you love our club.

I was born and brought up catholic, with all of my friends and family supporting the dirty bastards. At the age of around 5 or 6, my grandad took me to a Celtic v St MIrren match at love street and I just knew even at that early age I did not want to support the team playing in green and white. I don't know why I had this thought as my brother, father and grandad were all Celtic fans, but for some reason I never wanted to support them. My first memory of watching rangers was in an old firm game with Chris woods playing in goals for us. I'd always played in goals with my mates when we played football and I was just amazed by how good this guy was. I asked my dad to buy me a Chris Woods goalie top and to his credit he did. Ever since then I have loved Glasgow Rangers, thanks hugely to my early hero's, Chris Woods, Andy Goram and my hometown hero, super ally. I know most people will have been brought up supporting rangers, but it would be interesting to hear how others became supporters of our famous club.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

first,what's not to love? can't really put a defining note on it,first team i actually seen was chelsea in a friendly in early seventies though and then i discovered this team wearing same colour from Scotland on the telly,think it was then that i had my true birth as a bear and i haven't looked back since,seen great players,managers,ups and downs and i would never trade any one of these moments for anything,have had nothing but pride in following rangers,whereever,whoever they play I'll never be less than a hundred percent behind the boys on the park

From a very early age I was nurtured by family members in to the global family and phenomenum that is Rangers. I knew from an extremely young age that the famous big crest (as featured on the current jersey)and those amazing players that wore it so proudly on their chest were everything I ever wanted to follow in football. The excitement, passion and prestige associated with everything the club is and does is still as strong and exciting today as it was then.

From the low points and disappointment to the adventures, the glory and the truly inspiring moments over the last -- years, I have permanently lived, breathed and been Rangers without exception and without regret. I remember as a youngster being fascinated with the various jerseys and training kit and how cool and prestigous it was to wear it down to the park for a kick about and a "wee swally" after. To pull on the light blue jersey is still as thrilling now as it was all that time ago (even if it is just sitting around the house or popping out.

As recent events at our mighty club have reminded us, never shall we succomb to the efforts of those who envy our proud and extensive history so, so much that they have tried (without success) to destroy us. Our fundamental strength is that we are Rangers, nobody likes us but, we don't care!

I will love, live and BE this club until the very last breath leaves my body forever. And, then when I am gone from this existence, I will continue to follow the mighty Rangers wherever I may be in spirit and in awe.

BB72

just like my father his father and his father before him!!!

I was chose to this life, I was chose to follow Glasgow Ranger's, shame it is all girl's i have but they know they have been chosen to do the same. wether they follow it out is a different story.

My first love, my only love when it comes to football!

I was a Rangers fan before I was a football fan. I never paid much attention to football when I was a wee boy, I was about 10 before I started playing and following. I've always classed myself as a Rangers fan. My Dad's side of the family is Rangers through and through, it's just the family team. My earliest memory of Rangers is the 2002 Scottish Cup final (I'm 17 now so I would have been 7 years old) and the noise when Lovenkrands knocked in that header in injury time. He's my all time favourite Rangers player, his goals in the champions league run a few years later against Inter and Villareal are some of my most cherished football memories.

I don't see how you can not love the Rangers to be honest. If they were playing in the junior leagues I'd still make every match I could. I will follow on forever because that's just what we do.

:uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk: :uk:

Based on the soccer am segment, tell us why you love our club.

I was born and brought up catholic, with all of my friends and family supporting the dirty bastards. At the age of around 5 or 6, my grandad took me to a Celtic v St MIrren match at love street and I just knew even at that early age I did not want to support the team playing in green and white. I don't know why I had this thought as my brother, father and grandad were all Celtic fans, but for some reason I never wanted to support them. My first memory of watching rangers was in an old firm game with Chris woods playing in goals for us. I'd always played in goals with my mates when we played football and I was just amazed by how good this guy was. I asked my dad to buy me a Chris Woods goalie top and to his credit he did. Ever since then I have loved Glasgow Rangers, thanks hugely to my early hero's, Chris Woods, Andy Goram and my hometown hero, super ally. I know most people will have been brought up supporting rangers, but it would be interesting to hear how others became supporters of our famous club.

To be honest you sound like a glory hunter "I didn't like watching septic scum cos they're so shit, so instead I supported their extremely successful next door neighbours who humiliate septic all the time"

One of my cousins is a Rangers fan - whilst my other cousin his brother is a Celtic fan but both also support Liverpool!! Gotta love the brotherly rivalry there lol