Ally: I Trust Green

King_gazza

Ally's backing, welcoming new investers, CG is doing a good job imo. Who cares that his backers will make a future profit. These guys are businessmen and that's what they do, Rangers men where not willing to put up the money in any case. I don't think these people are interested in making a fast buck as they know they have struck gold at the price they paid and simply have to wait on it's value rising again. Being in Scotland makes it even less risky for them as it means our rise back to the top will cost less and be more straight forward. Green has football experience and has now been in at deep end with us, his and Ally's recent statements give me the feeling he is both relishing and warming to the job. Can't see why Green would not not want to be remembered as the man who rescued Rangers even if the plans were originally more short term, especially now that his investers will surely wait until the clubs value returns to its real level. May be wrong but I'm a lot happier about the way things are looking with regards to things within the club, it's all about the fightback now. Bring it on :lw::21:

Ally: I trust Green

By ROGER HANNAH

Published: Today at 00:15

ALLY McCOIST last night told Rangers fans: You CAN buy season tickets from Charles Green.

Ibrox boss McCoist insists Green has convinced him he’s fit and proper to lead Gers out of crisis.

He has previously stopped short of backing Green’s plea to fans to fork out for briefs.

McCoist said: “I’m really conscious of the fact there has been a lot of talk and questions asked.

“But even if Princess Diana or Mother Teresa had come in and bought Rangers I would have been sceptical. That’s how damaged we were after the last ten or 11 months.

Respect and trust have to be earned by working hard and doing the right things.

“I’ve watched Charles in recent weeks. He’s nailed his colours to the mast in terms of work ethic.

“He’s done his best for Rangers, fought for the club and represented us to the best of his ability.

“I have been impressed by his willingness to fight our corner. He has been a good ally to have.

“Rangers has far more stability than we’ve had in recent months.

“The new owners were the only party that came and put their money where their mouths were.

“They stood tall and bought Rangers, so they deserve great support from us and the fans.

“It’s time for everyone with the best interests of Rangers at heart to unite and get behind the club.”

McCoist, who has bought four season tickets for his family, hailed the 38,000 fans who turned out for the League Cup victory over East Fife on Tuesday.

Around 20,000 season tickets have been sold for the Third Division campaign at Ibrox.

But it’s NOT expected the fans will catch a glimpse of former Celtic striker Craig Beattie.

That deal looks doomed to failure after McCoist landed Dean Shiels, Kevin Kyle and Fran Sandaza.

He added: “I wouldn’t say it’s dead in the water, but I don’t think it’s going through.

“It also looks like Mo Edu and Alejandro Bedoya will be leaving.

“They are two players we’d like to keep, but it’s not looking that way.

“But our fans deserve to see top-class players and this is just the start of the rebuilding process.”

McCoist spoke of his excitement at a possible investment by Newcastle owner Mike Ashley.

He said: “He looks to be to a very successful businessman. That’s a good start.

“I don’t think you need to be a big fan to run a club. But it would be great to have people of that pedigree contributing.”

Could anyone post link to this, want to send it to someone, cheers