Greens Investment

Ralph Brand

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There’s nothing more frustrating than someone who posts a topic which will attract a good deal of debate yet does not back up his OP.

If you think £30 million should be used in the lower divisions I would suggest your years in the financial game were at a very low level and if not then I hope your retired.

We were promised 30 million by end July. All we have as far as I know is 1 million. Players have been signed without any fees invloved. There is a constant plea for sales of season tickets. A share issue could be launched for supporters to buy shares. Where will the share money go? maybe to repay the cost of buying the club??

Rangers need a large investment to survive and we do not as yet have anything near enough.

We have a long winter ahead and no new players until 2014.

My view is we need that promised 30 million now to ensure a large squad for the next two seasons and be able to pay them.

There has been talk of some staff being made redundant if we dont buy season tickets. That is a disgrace when investment was promised.

Having spent a lifetime in the financial world I am more than aware of those who talk a good game (Whyte for a start) but have nothing behind them but other peoples cash.

I am delighted that the club is playing and with a reasonable team and the team and manager will always have my full support but I need more than words from owners.

Mr Green may have stood up to the SPL but gave in in the end which I can understand why as we need to play but he needs to keep his side of the financial bargain.

I hope that when he gets his cash back he spent buying the club he does not leave us again with nothing.

Rangers are a great club with the best support in the world and buy shares if the cash goes to the team but do not consder the purchase as an investment.

My post really is just to take care with those who talk a good game but dont back it up with promised cash.

Fixed that for you.

This 30m quote was the money Green was looking to raise through investors and the share issue.. its obivously dependent on the amount people wish to invest etc etc. He never said he was going to spend the money, infact im sure he said in the begining he was looking to make this quick for himself and leave the club in a secure position and with money in the bank. Obviously things change, but the club will cut their cloth accordingly and spend whats needed to achieve the goals, and hopefully run nicely from the merchandising, season ticket sales, etc.

only read a wee bit of this shite. there is no pleasing some folk. does the guy that made this post want to see us spend millions and get back in the mess murray and whyte got us in ? i dont iam more than happy with charles.he is standing up for us bears and is aware how much shite our people have had to suffer at the hands of taigery for the past decade. for years we have had murray telling us to take the typical british stiff upper lip and to have a dignified silence but were did that get us? no what we need is a man like charles fighting our corner and standing up to the fenians who run this country.

this is going to be a slow march but it will be a victorous march back to the top and charles is the man to lead us there. i just wish some bears would see this and stop all this shite.

There's no season ticket money required to do the deal. The deal is completed on Thursday when we will not have received one penny from season tickets and if the CVA doesn't get approved I am £3m better off.

“By the end of the cooling off period we will have then raised another £30m, that's two years season-ticket sales. Fans will be allowed to participate and if fans don't want to participate then all those that are lining up will take the shares.

“No one will be able to say that Charles Green didn't allow us to buy shares, because anybody can buy shares. By the end of July, we will have £30m-plus in the bank from the share issue.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/rangers/9322679/Charles-Green-Rangers-fans-can-trust-my-takeover.html

Quite clearly states if the CVA fails he will be 3 million "better off".

Clearly states if fans dont want to invest in a share issue, he has other investors lined up.

Clearly states that £30 million will be in our bank account come the end of July.

Ive searched everywhere and cant find any of this depending on our participation in the spl, which was always going to be in doubt.

Granted hes only 9 days late, and a lot has happened to perhaps delay these "investors", but my guess he is counting on the fans stumping up this 30 million and hes scrambling about looking for other people to cover what is obviously complete bullshit that he said to get us onside.

I dont buy that 30 millions worth of investors have walked away because we are in div 3. We are arguably a better investment now, and shares must be worth less than if we were an spl side qualifying for europe every year. Either way, hes been slightly economical with the truth.

aye, you are right enough. Forget all this "living within our means" and running us in a fit and proper manner that cg was talking about. Crack open that 30mil and get splashing that cash. Didnt do us any harm last time right? :rolleyes:(td)

This 30m quote was the money Green was looking to raise through investors and the share issue.. its obivously dependent on the amount people wish to invest etc etc. He never said he was going to spend the money, infact im sure he said in the begining he was looking to make this quick for himself and leave the club in a secure position and with money in the bank. Obviously things change, but the club will cut their cloth accordingly and spend whats needed to achieve the goals, and hopefully run nicely from the merchandising, season ticket sales, etc.

What he said is he has a job and if he did that job within a year, he would leave. That was best case scenario. Worst case is he's here for a few years, turns the clubs finances around, sells the shares he owns and rides off into the sunset.

What's the OP on about ?

Green spent £10m on Black, 5m each on Shiels, Sandaza and Kyle, £3m on Cribari, £1m for beattie and £1m on school uniforms.

Hows Liewell doing with winning the champions league ? :lol:

:D Straight from the CW school of Football finance.

It must be quite sad for these people, while the rest of us are happy and excited thinking about the future and the adventures to come, they are going through every interview CG has done, praying they can find something, anything that they can put up in the bears den to show how corrupt he is and how hes going to rob us. Almost taig like really.......

It must be quite sad for these people, while the rest of us are happy and excited thinking about the future and the adventures to come, they are going through every interview CG has done, praying they can find something, anything that they can put up in the bears den to show how corrupt he is and how hes going to rob us. Almost taig like really.......

Sounds like those idiots from ££ mate. (tu)

We were promised 30 million by end July. All we have as far as I know is 1 million. Players have been signed without any fees invloved. There is a constant plea for sales of season tickets. A share issue could be launched for supporters to buy shares. Where will the share money go? maybe to repay the cost of buying the club??

Rangers need a large investment to survive and we do not as yet have anything near enough.

My view is we need that promised 30 million now to ensure a large squad for the next two seasons and be able to pay them.

There has been talk of some staff being made redundant if we dont buy season tickets. That is a disgrace when investment was promised.

Having spent a lifetime in the financial world I am more than aware of those who talk a good game (Whyte for a start) but have nothing behind them but other peoples cash.

I am delighted that the club is playing and with a reasonable team and the team and manager will always have my full support but I need more than words from owners.

Mr Green may have stood up to the SPL but gave in in the end which I can understand why as we need to play but he needs to keep his side of the financial bargain.

I hope that when he gets his cash back he spent buying the club he does not leave us again with nothing.

Rangers are a great club with the best support in the world and buy shares if the cash goes to the team but do not consder the purchase as an investment.

My post really is just to take care with those who talk a good game but dont back it up with promised cash.

can admin set up a table of most negative/stupid posts made? i think this is a potential league winner (there was another one a while back that i think hit about -50 though)

We were promised 30 million by end July. All we have as far as I know is 1 million.

- We are in SFL3, we do not need 30m to run. The wage budget has been reduced dramatically and there is no debt for interest to be paid on etc. £1m? Where did you get that figure from? They raised an initial £10m from 20 investors, they don't want anymore money at that level. They are now looking to raise around £20/£30m and are apparently well under way and progressing nicely with investment secured.

Players have been signed without any fees invloved.

- And? Again, we are in SFL3, we do not need to be spending money on players. There are plenty free agents on the go who are more than capable of playing at this level, as they have all come from SPhell teams and a former Napoli and Lazio defender? You don't have to spend money to get quality players, believe me.

There is a constant plea for sales of season tickets.

- Hardly, considering the Club hadn't done anything to advertise Season Tickets except continue to inform current ST holders of renewal dates, then you see the queues etc lining up to renew. "Constant plea", I think you're getting mixed up with your Club across the water. wanker.gif

A share issue could be launched for supporters to buy shares. Where will the share money go? maybe to repay the cost of buying the club??

- Absolutely not . The share issue isn't just for supporters. The Club is going to be floated on the AIM share market, and as Imran Ahmed said, the Club will be a public club. Anybody can invest in shares in the forthcoming share issue. The share money will go into the Club's accounts obviously?

- Garbage. How do we know we don't have anything yet? You seen the Club's accounts like? Naw. The costs have been slashed, and are still being slashed. Wages are down, bonuses of the big players are away. The Club just brought in £220k+ in gate receipts for that game v East Fife, 1ST ROUND OF THE CUP. Season Ticket money is coming in, and will continue to do so. Ticketus no longer have the right to seats meaning all money into the Club account. We are receiving money in the shape of compensation for some traitors, better than nothing. We are apparently about to bring in Mike Ashley as an investor, a legitimate billionaire? And also on the verge of a deal with Sports Direct for around £9m with the merchandising. The share issue will bring in extra investment for the Club. As we rise through the leagues watch more investors arrive.

We have a long winter ahead and no new players until 2014. My view is we need that promised 30 million now to ensure a large squad for the next two seasons and be able to pay them.

- This is our squad at the moment for SFL3, first 6 months of SFL2 and the cup games:

Alexander

Gallacher

Cole

Broadfoot

Perry

Goian

Bocanegra

Cribari

Hegarty

Wallace

*another left back?*

MacLeod

Black

Hutton

McKay

McCulloch

Shiels

Sandaza

Little

Naismith

Kyle

Charles Green also mentioned to a supporter on Tuesday night that there will be 3 new players for definite before the end of the window. How greedy do you want to be? And yet your complaining we have had no investment and we're fucked laugh.gif Another 3 players will take it too a sufficient level, including the younger players who are making the step up and will do so in the coming seasons. We could do with a few midfielders, but that would be enough.

- Awkt away and don't talk a lot of shite.