Greens Investment

Ralph Brand

We were promised 30 million by end July. All we have as far as I know is 1 million. Players have been signed without any fees invloved. There is a constant plea for sales of season tickets. A share issue could be launched for supporters to buy shares. Where will the share money go? maybe to repay the cost of buying the club??

Rangers need a large investment to survive and we do not as yet have anything near enough.

We have a long winter ahead and no new players until 2014.

My view is we need that promised 30 million now to ensure a large squad for the next two seasons and be able to pay them.

There has been talk of some staff being made redundant if we dont buy season tickets. That is a disgrace when investment was promised.

Having spent a lifetime in the financial world I am more than aware of those who talk a good game (Whyte for a start) but have nothing behind them but other peoples cash.

I am delighted that the club is playing and with a reasonable team and the team and manager will always have my full support but I need more than words from owners.

Mr Green may have stood up to the SPL but gave in in the end which I can understand why as we need to play but he needs to keep his side of the financial bargain.

I hope that when he gets his cash back he spent buying the club he does not leave us again with nothing.

Rangers are a great club with the best support in the world and buy shares if the cash goes to the team but do not consder the purchase as an investment.

My post really is just to take care with those who talk a good game but dont back it up with promised cash.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We didint need £30 million to win 3 spl titles so I doubt there is any sense in spending millions in the SFL. Important thing is a steady keel and so far it looks like green is the guy for it!

Your entitled to your opinion like everyone else but I can't say I agree with it. CG has said a couple of things that doesn't sit well with me but its far to early to judge him. I was expecting him to be very thrifty when it came to bringing players in, I have been proved wrong, I am pleased with the quality and quantity of our signings so far (Kyle aside), he is obviously happy to pay wages way above normal SFL standard.

30 million for a club in division 3? What fucking lunatic would have invested that? This is getting beyond a joke. You think we need 30 million worth of players for Div 3 then 2?!

And just for the sake of posterity, Mcoll, park or the shite knights wouldn't have put a penny more into the club, in the same circumstances; no matter what Dingwall tells anybody.

We don't need £30 mil in the 3rd division. That money could and should be used to keep the club going in case of any hard times ahead rather than being invested in the squad which should sail through divisions 3 & 2 as is. I don't doubt Ally will be backed if/when we reach the 1st division and the top tier again.

We were promised 30 million by end July. All we have as far as I know is 1 million. Players have been signed without any fees invloved. There is a constant plea for sales of season tickets. A share issue could be launched for supporters to buy shares. Where will the share money go? maybe to repay the cost of buying the club??

Rangers need a large investment to survive and we do not as yet have anything near enough.

My view is we need that promised 30 million now to ensure a large squad for the next two seasons and be able to pay them.

There has been talk of some staff being made redundant if we dont buy season tickets. That is a disgrace when investment was promised.

Having spent a lifetime in the financial world I am more than aware of those who talk a good game (Whyte for a start) but have nothing behind them but other peoples cash.

I am delighted that the club is playing and with a reasonable team and the team and manager will always have my full support but I need more than words from owners.

Mr Green may have stood up to the SPL but gave in in the end which I can understand why as we need to play but he needs to keep his side of the financial bargain.

I hope that when he gets his cash back he spent buying the club he does not leave us again with nothing.

Rangers are a great club with the best support in the world and buy shares if the cash goes to the team but do not consder the purchase as an investment.

My post really is just to take care with those who talk a good game but dont back it up with promised cash.

Depends what you did in the financial world, would you not agree .....I mean someone who works all their days as a bank teller can say he/she worked all their days in the financial world. You go on about this £30 m can you gave me his quote accompanied with the date he made this promise?

And your view re £30m now going to the ensure a large squad.....................so what about the redundancies you mention, you would want all the £3om going on a squad to play in div 3 and 2...............that sounds rather extreme ...would you not agree?

Now this point about, talk a good game but with nothing behind them...............keeping in line with your lifetime in the financial world, would you not say this is the background to the banks in that they use other peoples money?

In my lifetime spent in a certain sector of the financial world , I have always found that people who have the money will use others money as opposed to their own...........from experience the soon to be announced richest man in Scotland still borrows from the banks for his expansion and developments and property purchases.

Right then Bomber

£30m was for the SPL and I would guess he has gotten over £1m so far anyway.

Ahmed said in that phone call weeks ago they'd raised over 10million and expect 20 million more in the coming weeks. Since then Ally has said Imran/Green/Stockbridge/Murray have been in meeting the past few weeks with potential investors and have been successful

We need £30m investment to get us through 18 months? Ha what fucking planet are you on?

Frankly, i'm utterly convinced that if the transfer ban started right now, we'd be absolutely sure of back to back promotions.

As others have said, so much wrong with the OP its unreal.