What's ur first ever Rangers game?

Posso Blue

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My first visit to Ibrox was a midweek reserve game v Kilmarnock in 1962

I can still remember that walk up the stairs of the main stand - still get that tingling feeling yet when I think about it

First Rangers game was 1964 League Cup final at Hampden v the manky mob

Jim Forrest scored both goals in 2-1 victory - Jim Baxter destroyed the tarriers that day (as he did on many occassions)

Vs the sheep at Ibrox 80 or 81, was stood in the East enclosure.

1 - 1

Wee ginger oompah loompah penalty at the Copland Rd end for them.

Colin McAdam headed equaliser at the Broomloan.

Colin McAdam...big beastie!....he was a great player for us at that time :)

Going to have a stab at 19th July 99' or 00' in a friendly v KAA Gent. We won 3-2, IIRC.

Sat in the Main Stand, taken by my Maw's pals daughter and boyfriend who was a Bear but sadly passed away 3/4 years ago, RIP :(

My first memory of Rangers though was watching Rangers v Parma on the tele with my Dad.

my first ever game was an u21 game v Newcastle in i think 02/03 season. we lost 2-1 if my memory serves me. my first top team game was a 2-0 win against Partick Thistle in the same season at Ibrox. i remember it like it was yesterday. was in the Main Stand i think. Mols with a double :21:

Rangers v Ayr United at Hampden and we won 3 - 0.Scottish League Cup.

September 1966/67 I was only four years old and I never got to see much at all as my dad had my older bro up on his shoulders for the most part.

I remember my first game as being around '81-82' pre season against aHong Kong select I think and we won 3-1!!!

Copland front and start of my greatest journey ever!!!!

Do tell??

Rangers v Spurs circa 1979'opening of the Copeland Rd.Alwats mind my uncles sitting with a big carry out in the centenary stand.

My first game was a home win vs Falkirk in about 94 or thereabouts.

I will never forget the moment I climbed the stairs from the toilets area and saw the whole stadium for the first time.

Still one of the best feelings I've ever had. Might even rival my first hole :lol:

Went to see a Rangers reserve team play East Fife at Bayview round about 84/85. I'm sure Durrant was playing and even though there was probably only a couple of hundred people there I remember almost pishing myself with excitement - couldn't believe that I was actually watching Rangers play !!!!

It was vs Dundee at Ibrox. Did a quick search and I'm certain it was the 1st of October 1988 as the old man made me leave 5 minutes before the end and we ended up hearing the second goal go in as we walked back to the subway station.

Here's the goals from it:

Honestly don't remember too much about the game but do remember being excited about it. So excited in fact I wrote the date in my Rangers official diary at the time!