What's ur first ever Rangers game?

Posso Blue

1979 i think,rangers-hibs at easter rd.... sandy jardine penalty which he scored for us to win 1-0.

cant remember the penalty as i was only 10 at the time and sat with my hands over my face scared to look doh doh

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rangers v Dynamo Moscow, 84-85 season I'm sure.

Rangers won 1-0, Craig Paterson scored. Don’t remember much else about it other than findling it hilarious when someone told Bobby Russell that he “couldn’t tackle a plate of mince & totties”

My first game involving Rangers was back in the early 80s. I was on holiday in Dublin and my sister and myself took in the Bohemians V Rangers game. An interesting introduction into football! Saw the return leg too and had much fun trying to get off the subway at Govan!

I expect that is why I am an Ayr fan now.

1999 1-0 against Hibs at Easter Road. Johansson scored. Met my hero Albertz, John Greig, Gio, Ferguson, Mols and also Alex McLeish. Only disappointment was when Amoruso ignored me when I asked for an autograph haha .

Early nineties (5-in-a-row season I think), we beat hibs 2-1 with a trevor steven wonder goal as the winner.

Got mikhailichenko's autograph but remember being green with envy because my friend got hateley's!

1st game was away to St Midden @ Love street 1991 :superally: got the winner in a 2-1 win. Highlight of the game was having the bears around me in stitches by asking why they didn't have any scoreboards at that dump. Had only seen Ibrox on the TV so automatically thought every ground was as good as Ibrox.

October 1971. Rangers 4 Motherwell 0 (0-0)

The same day Partick Thistle beat Celtic 4-1 at Hampden in the League Cup Final.

Convinced the news of PT winning 4-0 at HT inspired us.

Dont remember anything about the game apart from the looks of confusion then joy at HT.

My dad started taking me to Rangers game when I was really young and I have little recollection of my first game. The first game I have vague memories of is a friendly/testimonial at Ibrox against a top premiership side, I think either Man Utd or Arsenal. My dad does not remember the game and so I have been unable to put a date on this memory. The game must would been between 1986-89 and thats all I have! Anyone able to add anything?

My dad started taking me to Rangers game when I was really young and I have little recollection of my first game. The first game I have vague memories of is a friendly/testimonial at Ibrox against a top premiership side, I think either Man Utd or Arsenal. My dad does not remember the game and so I have been unable to put a date on this memory. The game must would been between 1986-89 and thats all I have! Anyone able to add anything?

Think we lost 2-1 to Arsenal around 89 or 90.

Trevor Steven and Mo Johnston were playing,cant remember anything else.