Beattie 'disappointed'

Brightside

Craig Beattie says he’s ‘disappointed’ not to join Rangers after signing talks with the club came to an end.

The former Hearts and Celtic player had trained with Ally McCoist’s men at Ibrox along with ex-Tynecastle team-mate Ian Black.

However Beattie says he won’t be making a permanent move to the Glasgow side.

Speaking to the Daily Record he said: “I’m disappointed things didn’t work out.

“The situation dragged on and I don’t want to go into too much detail but it’s important I clear one or two issues up.

“There seems to be a perception the deal fell through because I was holding out for more money – and that could not be further from the truth.

“I was prepared to drop down the divisions not to make a fast buck but because I wanted to be part of something big.

“I wanted to play my part in getting Rangers back to the top of the Scottish game. I felt I could score the goals to get Rangers back up the league and was prepared to accept all the criticism that would have come my way because of my time at Celtic.

“I spoke to Ally and was under the impression he really wanted me on board and that excited me.

“But in the end, it became obvious he and Green were not on the same wavelength. I don’t want to say any more than that.”

Hmm, sounds a bit mysterious. Bit of unnecessary shit stirring from Beattie I'd say.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i wouldn't have minded him, he's not rangers level at all but he would score for fun in the 3rd division given the nature of the gamei nthe lower scottish leagues, a physical and pretty fast front man like him would tear the fat baldy centre backs we'll be up against to shreds.

given this transfer embargo though i think it's important we keep pulling in signings before this fucking thing starts.

A bitter statement calculated to try and put a wedge between Green and Ally.

Now watch as the conspiracy theorists try and make something of it.

Even if it was true, there aren't many managers who will get every player they want.

I'd much rather Green pulled the reins in than went on a reckless spending spree.

his comments shouldn't just be cast aside, it'd be good to clarify what they didn't agree on; wage demands? budget spent? no more in till another goes?

The rumour was that Beattie wanted the same wage as Black and if true Green rightly said no regardless of what McCoist wanted.

from one his mates in Airdrie, i was told he was offered pay as u play deal, a contract similar to K Kyles, were he was to prove his fitness for the year, then would be offered a further 2 years.

i reckon

super made a list of strikers and the others all signed up within seconds , Green done job, leaving Beattie thinking McCoist didnt get his number 1 target!

Sandaza or Beattie? the Spanish tim will do me instead of another JUMPADITE

Ally and Green aren't on the same wavelength? We are doomed I tell you. Pack your things and run for the hills!

What a complete non-story, I imagine this is how things went.

Ally: Can we sign Beattie

Green: Naw, he's a greedy cunt. You can have the other two you asked about.

Ally: Fair enough.

The End

I'm a wee bit disappointed that he didn't sign. If he'd been included in our options up front, I would have put money on him bagging the most goals in the Third Division, depending of course on whether or not he was first choice. And someone else touched on it already - we ought to pull in as many players as we can before the embargo kicks in, within financial reason. That said, it's no major loss not getting Beattie considering who we already got in for that position. I would have taken him over big KK though.