Rangers 2 Juventus 0

Totally agree bud !...his long range shot when we won the '73 Scottish cup final :)

memeory is foggy here is that the one her near fell over as he rolled it in with his studs.w3as lucky he never flicked it backwards the twat :lol:

Tam was still a decent player though.... and a right good tackler.... hard when needed.

You'll never see a better-timed tackle than Tam's on Mick Channon at Hampden - the perfect answer to the bitter tarrier Docherty's comparison of Forsyth and Martin Buchan as "a carthorse and a thoroughbred".

You'll never see a better-timed tackle than Tam's on Mick Channon at Hampden - the perfect answer to the bitter tarrier Docherty's comparison of Forsyth and Martin Buchan as "a carthorse and a thoroughbred".

forgot about that and it did make the doc look a bit of a prick but again that was not a hard thing to do

I remember it mate...Juve were the favourites and we played great to put them out, when we knocked them out PSV were installed as the new favourites and we drew them next and put them out too!

I think we lost to Cologne in the next round :(

I remember being at these games, as the new Copland had opened, but I also remember a game against Valencia, was that 79 then?

Can any older bears remember this game at Ibrox. Rangers drew the Italian champions which had eight of the Italian World Cup squad from Argentina a few months earlier. After a one nil defeat in Turin the Rangers came back to win two nil at Ibrox. My memory of that game was the main stand who were normally very subdued stamping their feet and going mental.

I was there mate,brilliant result,but how unlucky were we to beat the champions of Italy and Holland then draw the champions of Germany,

Aye the win against Juv was so so sweet sure it might have been our first overturn of an away loss in europe and then putting out PSV on their own turf for the very first time and after giving them 2 goals of a start was just out of this world.

Really thought it was going to be our year in Europe after reaching the quarter finals that night.

Was lucky enough to be there as I'm sure the capacity was 44k due to construction.

All I remember was the Centenary stand (Which we normally didn't sit in) was absolute bedlam that night.

Went to PSV and Cologne on the Tradeston bus the next two rounds and I was the youngest on the bus as a youthful 14 year old.

Rangers Finest Hour

Simple back page of the Herald - I remember it well - most of the Italian WC squad

And Bobby Russell passing the ball into the PSV net (now on youtube) is one of the best goals we have ever scored in Europe.

Rangers Finest Hour

Simple back page of the Herald - I remember it well - most of the Italian WC squad

And Bobby Russell passing the ball into the PSV net (now on youtube) is one of the best goals we have ever scored in Europe.

As a killer counter-attack goal, that one is right up there with Ally's at Elland Road.

Bear in mind that the previous season, he was playing for Shettleston!!!

Incredible really.

He was my favourite player of the time, and one game that sticks out in my memory was the night we battered the sheep 6-1 in a midweek game (Possibly league cup?) at Ibrox and Russell destroyed them.

Was at all the games home and away. Actually met Gentile about lunchtime before the away game in Turin. He turned up at Turin restaurant/bar to give some pals tickets. Pure coincidence that I was in the same place when he came in. The away leg against Juventus was incredible for me because there were so many events on that trip. Bullet holes in the bus after the game, for example!!!

They scored in first 10 mins and it looked ominous for us but we held out for 1 nil. Virdis scored for Juve and he was the World's most expensive player. Juve had 10 internationals, most of the Italian WC team. Played them off the park at Ibrox.