Was that result today embarrassing?

Thermopylae

A big barney about this on clyde just now ... I have to say I think it is. OK it's probably the biggest game of these Peterhead players lives BUT if you compare what they earn in a week and what our full time players earn there should only be one winner.

... and still questions about Ally's management I'm affraid

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A big barney about this on clyde just now ... I have to say I think it is. OK it's probably the biggest game of these Peterhead players lives BUT if you compare what they earn in a week and what our full time players earn there should only be one winner.

Don't say it too loud mate, you will be called a wank and accused of being a Tim

Heads in the Sands loyal

im more disappointed than embarrassed. i expect all away games to be difficult as the players won't be used to the turf. the Brechin game was the same. the fitness isn't 100% yet either. although we really should be beating teams like that. expect the taigs to come crawling out the woodwork as they've no doubt been following the game :wanker:

Yes, I suppose a draw is better than a defeat obviously but we really should be destroying sides like Peterhead even if they were favourites to win the third division before we arrived. We should expect better performances after this though as Ally will be tearing into them right about now, and so he should be.

It was a car crash, to watch our defence at times was like watching boys playing in the local park, the tactics were shite and there were more bad players than good, Ally needs to get the tactics changed and ffs this hoofing the ball up the park is a joke.

Don't say it too loud mate, you will be called a wank and accused of being a Tim

Heads in the Sands loyal

I backed you slightly in your own thread but don't take the piss - you quoted it as the worst result ever and did not even let the fucking game finish before you did.

Heads in the sand loyal? Maybe I was too quick to back you!

Yip embarrassing is a fair description of that performance...can't even really big up Peterhead to much as I don't think they played above themselves.

A terrible game that will do us no favours having been televised and might sway those on the fence of getting a season ticket this year not too which would be the worst thing.

Defensively we were awful and there is just no excuse for broadfoots performance in particular. A great support let down by too many players not seeming up for it. I'd struggle to give anyone credit...maybe jig and McLeod but whole team was terrible.

Must improve and I believe we will! Bad day but we will come back stronger and hey at least we didn't lose!

yes and yes for the last sentence. this is still our pre season so I'm not going to try criticise anyone yet.

Results like this will happen until they are gelled as a team and up to full fitness and the ones that don't want to be here are gone, what you get paid has nothing to do with it, I work beside cunts that are overpaid, just a part of life.

I mean, can you explain how Broadfoot ever became a footballer? The unexplainable happens, fact of life.

everyone needs to calm down ffs. no pre-season behind the squad. the performances and results will come (tu):21:

So if our players who are at Auchenhowie every day for training have had no pre-season, what kind of pre-season have the part-time boys at Peterhead had?