Jim McColl

iang2911

"Asked by The Herald if he had had any talks with Mr Green about buying a stake in Rangers, Mr McColl, one of Scotland's richest men, replied: "I am not one of the guys there just now."

However, declaring he was watching with interest, Mr McColl added: "I think it is a great opportunity for Rangers to build on their youth programme, and I think we will come out of it stronger.

"I have got to take my hat off to Green. He has been quite tenacious and he has managed to get it where it can now be built on. The fans have really got to get behind what he is doing there just now.""

hopefully this will be the beginning of the end for the remaining doubters

Link The herald

"However, declaring he was watching with interest, Mr McColl added: "I think it is a great opportunity for Rangers to build on their youth programme, and I think we will come out of it stronger.

"I have got to take my hat off to Green. He has been quite tenacious and he has managed to get it where it can now be built on. The fans have really got to get behind what he is doing there just now.""

Maybe some of them might have the balls to come on here and apologise to us Rangers fans ?

Maybe some of them might have the balls to come on here and apologise to us Rangers fans ?

I am one of those doubters - and i will apologise, and I do have greens Rangers email address. The email will be leaving my laptop as soon as he publishes a straight question, with a straight answer.

Who owns Rangers FC.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: nor will comeofit! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: Puts his we argument in the shade a bit!

Puts what wee argument in the shade? This doesnt change anything that ive criticised green for. Ive only moaned about his lying, shit talking and patronising of us. Nothing McColl has said there changes any of that.

Id feel a lot better if McColl put his dough where his mouth is. He surely wouldnt miss a million or two for 10% of us. Still a bit worrying he wont do business with charlie.

What do people really expect McColl to say? Fuck green hes at it? It goes without saying that we should all get behind Rangers.

Instead of filling you shite posts up with smileys, try saying something worth reading.

Has McColl not consistently stated he would never invest money in a football club? Financial advice yes but cash no.

Yes, because he knows investing money in a successful football club is money he'll never see again. How you think he got his millions, not by pissing it away on things that cant make a profit.

Puts what wee argument in the shade? This doesnt change anything that ive criticised green for. Ive only moaned about his lying, shit talking and patronising of us. Nothing McColl has said there changes any of that.

Id feel a lot better if McColl put his dough where his mouth is. He surely wouldnt miss a million or two for 10% of us. Still a bit worrying he wont do business with charlie.

What do people really expect McColl to say? Fuck green hes at it? It goes without saying that we should all get behind Rangers.

Instead of filling you shite posts up with smileys, try saying something worth reading.

He says 'he's not there now' in terms of investing, which by my reconing implies he expects to be there at some point in the future. He also says 'I take my hat off' to Green, not a comment of anyone who is critical of his ways or methods, rather a comment which compliments him.

Surely if even Jim McColl can come round to being that supportive of Green, even you must say your argument is weakened at least ffs.

He says 'he's not there now' in terms of investing, which by my reconing implies he expects to be there at some point in the future. He also says 'I take my hat off' to Green, not a comment of anyone who is critical of his ways or methods, rather a comment which compliments him.

Surely if even Jim McColl can come round to being that supportive of Green, even you must say your argument is weakened at least ffs.

Im not sure what you think my "argument" is? All ive ever said is that he tells lies sometimes and he patronises our support. Nothing McColl says will change that. I like to form my opinions on what charlie actually says and then does, not by what other people say about him.

I think you'll be waiting a long time before McColl puts his money in while charlie is still the dude. Ill stand corrected if it happens. McColl cant say anything other than what he said without destabilising us. Im hoping charlie convinces me one day, but its not looking good from my point of view.

"Asked by The Herald if he had had any talks with Mr Green about buying a stake in Rangers, Mr McColl, one of Scotland's richest men, replied: "I am not one of the guys there just now."

However, declaring he was watching with interest, Mr McColl added: "I think it is a great opportunity for Rangers to build on their youth programme, and I think we will come out of it stronger.

Link The herald

That is encouraging, I am gradually beginning to think this Consortium might actually work. It would be lovely to have a considerable period of time where off field matters are very much in the background.

In my opinion, the McColl (and Walter Smith endorsed) move for the club was actually the most serious and viable out of the bids from the Scottish businessmen.

I have a lot more time for McColl (who made an offer, had it rejected, and moved on), over the other posturers and game-players who seemed to think they can get the club for a song by hyping fans into a frenzy via internet and news briefings.

There may still be a role for McColl to play yet. Who knows.

In my opinion, the McColl (and Walter Smith endorsed) move for the club was actually the most serious and viable out of the bids from the Scottish businessmen.

I have a lot more time for McColl (who made an offer, had it rejected, and moved on), over the other posturers and game-players who seemed to think they can get the club for a song by hyping fans into a frenzy via internet and news briefings.

There may still be a role for McColl to play yet. Who knows.

McColl's bid may have been viable but he waited till Green had done his dirty for him (going the newco route) before making it.