Charles Green 'we've paid our debts'

paisleyroad

I do love this man more by the day (tu)

Those bassa's at BBC probably did their best not to let him on as it would not suit their agenda :rolleyes:

:cgreen:

CHARLES GREEN last night revealed Rangers have finally settled their debts with Scottish clubs.

The Ibrox chief was seething after being accused by callers on James Traynor’s BBC Scotland radio show of leaving clubs out of pocket while splashing cash on players.

Green says he tried to get on Saturday’s phone-in but couldn't get through. And now he wants to set the record straight.

Green insisted while Dunfermline had previously been paid, the Third Division club has now also settled debts to Celtic, Hearts – over the signing of Lee Wallace – and Dundee United, over £35,000 for gate receipts.

And he said: “There are fans out there who think we are signing new players and haven’t paid our debts. This couldn't be further from the truth.

“They are not even my debts but I’ve paid them anyway as we want to put this behind us and rise again.

“I want you to make the point really clear. There were people on Jim Traynor’s show saying it is wrong for Rangers to sign these new players when they haven’t paid this and haven’t paid that.

“But that is wrong. We have paid every club we owed money to in Scotland.

“We handed £500,00 to the SFA last Thursday to clear up all the fines and to pay what we owed the clubs.”

Green also insists there will be more arrivals at Rangers before the window closes on August 31 – and that other players will leave.

The Ibrox club had snapped up Dean Shiels but their treble swoop for Kevin Kyle, Fran Sandaza and Emilson Cribari in one day had upset some callers.

And the chief executive said: “I will be further supporting Alistair with more signings he wants, so there shouldn't be a problem upsetting anyone now.

“We have other targets lined up. There will be more players coming into the club before deadline day but I can’t say who they are because I can’t pronounce their names.

“And there will be more players leaving the club.”

The players McCoist already has at his disposal had to come from behind to take a point at Peterhead

on Saturday.

And Green insists the players will have to fight even harder if they want to win promotion.

He added: “The players have to realise this is a fight. This is just the start.

“But I’m used to it as from the day I came in, I’ve been fighting.

“We have been fighting with the SFA, the SPL and now with Third Division clubs to take points off them so for us this is not strange.”

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic news Mr Green. Debts to SFA and Scottish clubs paid in full.

GIRUY all you wankers, bumping your gums before you know the facts.

Hang on I feel I've been here before.

I am feeling more and more confident every day about this man.hh.gif

With inaccurate reporting being the usual when discussing Rangers this is no surprise .Great statement and this will highlight the bias we have to contend with when we have people looking to stick the knife in rather than dealing in truth and facts.

I do love this man more by the day (tu)

Those bassa's at BBC probably did their best not to let him on as it would not suit their agenda :rolleyes:

quite strange that C.G could not get through on the phone.

perhaps (oh cynical me again) lines were kept clear in case, Liewell or Dungcaster or O,Regan, wanted to get there tuppenceworth across.

CHARLES GREEN last night revealed Rangers have finally settled their debts with Scottish clubs.

The Ibrox chief was seething after being accused by callers on James Traynor’s BBC Scotland radio show of leaving clubs out of pocket while splashing cash on players.

Green says he tried to get on Saturday’s phone-in but couldn't get through. And now he wants to set the record straight.

Green insisted while Dunfermline had previously been paid, the Third Division club has now also settled debts to Celtic, Hearts – over the signing of Lee Wallace – and Dundee United, over £35,000 for gate receipts.

And he said: “There are fans out there who think we are signing new players and haven’t paid our debts. This couldn't be further from the truth.

“They are not even my debts but I’ve paid them anyway as we want to put this behind us and rise again.

“I want you to make the point really clear. There were people on Jim Traynor’s show saying it is wrong for Rangers to sign these new players when they haven’t paid this and haven’t paid that.

“But that is wrong. We have paid every club we owed money to in Scotland.

“We handed £500,00 to the SFA last Thursday to clear up all the fines and to pay what we owed the clubs.”

Green also insists there will be more arrivals at Rangers before the window closes on August 31 – and that other players will leave.

The Ibrox club had snapped up Dean Shiels but their treble swoop for Kevin Kyle, Fran Sandaza and Emilson Cribari in one day had upset some callers.

And the chief executive said: “I will be further supporting Alistair with more signings he wants, so there shouldn't be a problem upsetting anyone now.

“We have other targets lined up. There will be more players coming into the club before deadline day but I can’t say who they are because I can’t pronounce their names.

“And there will be more players leaving the club.”

The players McCoist already has at his disposal had to come from behind to take a point at Peterhead

on Saturday.

And Green insists the players will have to fight even harder if they want to win promotion.

He added: “The players have to realise this is a fight. This is just the start.

“But I’m used to it as from the day I came in, I’ve been fighting.

“We have been fighting with the SFA, the SPL and now with Third Division clubs to take points off them so for us this is not strange.”

Another great statement which will not only upset the diddy fans but also some of our own fans, you know the ones, the doomsayers and anti Green brigade, the ones who cant see anything good in our club getting on its feet and fighting back, dont believe me COME OFF IT