John Brown

As the title says i wonder what bomber is thinking now after today's events regarding season tickets. Being 30 years old i remember John Brown in the 9 in a row era, and the performance he put in against Leeds at Elland Road in 92, so in my eyes he will always be a legend, however i feel he let himself down over his "takeover bid" which has all gone very quite now. Is it now time that he came out and appologised to Charles Green and admit he was wrong?

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the title says i wonder what bomber is thinking now after today's events regarding season tickets. Being 30 years old i remember John Brown in the 9 in a row era, and the performance he put in against Leeds at Elland Road in 92, so in my eyes he will always be a legend, however i feel he let himself down over his "takeover bid" which has all gone very quite now. Is it now time that he came out and appologised to Charles Green and admit he was wrong?

I don't believe for a second that Brown ever did anything that he didn't feel was in the best interests of the club. Some of his actions, however, were misguided in the extreme. He got carried away and was playing at things he didn't understand.

Maybe an apology to Green, and indeed the fans would go a long way towards making amends. Maybe he could eventually be welcomed back to Ibrox (although on the training ground, definitely not the boardroom!).

I do not think John Brown should apologise, maybe issue a statement wishing the Green consortium all the best and emphasise that he will continue to monitor the situation. Remember we still do not really have any real idea if the Green consortium will be good for the club; although at present things are looking good. Cautious optimism is certainly still required.

I just saw him in Tesco going nuts because there was no turnips left in the vegetable aisle.

He was shouting: "SHOW US THE SWEDES"

Did someone shout they're Finnish..

I think he was used a bit by others to force Green out they tried the same with Smith but he caught onto it quicker.

Him and Leggo probably looking at the clock and thinking - right, there's a couple of hours till closing time, another few hauf & haufs and we'll knock-up tomorrows hatchet job on Green.

Brown, legend or not is a fucking buffoon for his takeover spouted bollox. His idea of 250 fans putting in 40k (or whatever hair-brained idea it was) had Dingwall and the TrooBlooDayLaters all over it.

He should have been taken aside and told in no uncertain terms, don't this as you're going to end up looking like a cock - which is exactly what happened.

Mibees he did look a bit daft but it's kinda harsh to critisise a guy for doing what he believes is best for the club he loves.

I'd like to see him back but am guessin his position is pretty much untenable

bomber made bit of a cunt of himself but he was just trying to help rangers at the end of the day. in two years time when we re back at the top of the spl when i think of bomber i will remember him bleeding blue during the 9 in a row. hopefully everyone else can put this to bed and remember that bomber was just doing his best for us.