John Brown

I don't believe for a second that Brown ever did anything that he didn't feel was in the best interests of the club. Some of his actions, however, were misguided in the extreme. He got carried away and was playing at things he didn't understand.

Maybe an apology to Green, and indeed the fans would go a long way towards making amends. Maybe he could eventually be welcomed back to Ibrox (although on the training ground, definitely not the boardroom!).

He is everything that you would not want near a training ground..........................more so in charge of younger players.

And as for best interests .......think we need to agree to disagree with that one.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the title says i wonder what bomber is thinking now after today's events regarding season tickets. Being 30 years old i remember John Brown in the 9 in a row era, and the performance he put in against Leeds at Elland Road in 92, so in my eyes he will always be a legend, however i feel he let himself down over his "takeover bid" which has all gone very quite now. Is it now time that he came out and appologised to Charles Green and admit he was wrong?

I think to be fair to him his heart was in the right place and he obviously cares about the club but he just went about things in a piss poor way. If i was to take a quess I think he was being used and fed a lot of propaganda off those muppetts who were supposed to be his backers.

On another note I wonder what that old boy from EK makes of it all now, bet he's gutted and old Bomber is nowhere to be seen! :beer1:

Good intentions from Bomber and he was a legend on the park although in many people's eyes he did make a bit of a fool of himself these last few months. Shame really.

But I did just see him in a school for apprentice bakers and he was shouting " SHOW US YOUR KNEADS"

By nuisance you mean asking pertinent questions? He clearly was out his depth, but he has nothing to apologise to Charles Green for. People seem determined to ridicule the man, the 'show me the deeds' 'comedy' is embarrassing.

"pertinent questions"...AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! All he did was throw unfounded allegations around, caused huge divisions in the fans, led a campaign to starve the club risking it's existence and stole some old boys season ticket money doh

C'mon guys can we stop all the deeds stuff already?

Bomber only had Rangers' welfare at heart, like all of us. How were we all feeling at that time?

Whyte betrayed our trust, and made us very cautious. People with ulterior motives have been pulling strings all over the place and we have all been made to dance like puppets.

Bomber was misguided, but his intentions were noble, He believed we were in danger and wanted to save the club. He appears to have been misguided.

I am warming to Mr Green, but at my initiation I was taught to be cautious. Once bitten twice shy.

Lets forget the Bomber of the last few weeks and renenber the club servant he has been,

As the title says i wonder what bomber is thinking now after today's events regarding season tickets. Being 30 years old i remember John Brown in the 9 in a row era, and the performance he put in against Leeds at Elland Road in 92, so in my eyes he will always be a legend, however i feel he let himself down over his "takeover bid" which has all gone very quite now. Is it now time that he came out and appologised to Charles Green and admit he was wrong?

The man is a legend and a Bear at that. I believe he was emotional, like all of us and he got carried away. He's probably feeling embarrassed right now.

I'd just like to say. Rangers is a family. Your family bomber. Hope to see back soon.

The man is a legend and a Bear at that. I believe he was emotional, like all of us and he got carried away. He's probably feeling embarrassed right now.

I'd just like to say. Rangers is a family. Your family bomber. Hope to see back soon.

I genuinely think he has been used, by whom I don't know but I hope he comes out and tells us one day. I don't hate him but he has tarnished a hard fought and well earned reputation in my opinion. I hope we as a support can forgive him because I think it would devastate him if he is remembered only for his recent off field performance.

Strange to see the way most talk about John Brown on here. He might not be a great orator, but that took guts what he did outside the Stadium, and no I wasn't there, and I dare anyone to say he didn't care that night. He might be wrong; time may even say he was right- I hope he is proved wrong- but at least the man was willing to care about this club.

Strange to see the way most talk about John Brown on here. He might not be a great orator, but that took guts what he did outside the Stadium, and no I wasn't there, and I dare anyone to say he didn't care that night. He might be wrong; time may even say he was right- I hope he is proved wrong- but at least the man was willing to care about this club.

I agree with what you are saying, but I think you're understating how badly he could have derailed the rebuilding process. I don't think we should hold a grudge, but if he come out and explained his thinking it would further unite the fans.

I agree with what you are saying, but I think you're understating how badly he could have derailed the rebuilding process. I don't think we should hold a grudge, but if he come out and explained his thinking it would further unite the fans.

In what way did he derail anything? I am not a Charles Green fan; if he is remembered fondly then it should only be by what he has already achieved after his time is over. The jury is out on all of them as far as I'm concerned.

In what way did he derail anything? I am not a Charles Green fan; if he is remembered fondly then it should only be by what he has already achieved after his time is over. The jury is out on all of them as far as I'm concerned.

Also fair points regarding trust issues - I get what you're saying and you've every right to be sceptical. But we owe Green this much - he put the money in for the CVA, got us a licence to play football again and paid money to keep us going while this whole mess played out (at least a few million). Imagine everyone listened to Brown and avoided buying tickets? We could be in a very bad way right now.