Anestis Argyriou signs a 2 year deal

Tiebreak54

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad we are looking at defenders. Anyone know if cribari has received international clearance yet ?

o'regan has lost the key to his bottom drawer, the one that keeps the french maid outfit that he allegedly likes to wear driving back down south, every week.............great he doesn't attend any games at the weekend...............

The profile of our squad is changing to include younger and more technical players. I'm liking it. We have a few big hardy players and now we seem to be going for movement and technique. Maybe a change in style

More and more clubs are changing the way they play, perhaps its the Barca/Spain success thats driving it but long overdue in our case. The more players we have who are comfortable in possession and able to receive the ball in the tightest of situations the better we'll be imo.

Watching the Hearts/Liverpool game it was refreshing to see both teams trying to play the ball on the ground and building from the back.

More and more clubs are changing the way they play, perhaps its the Barca/Spain success thats driving it but long overdue in our case. The more players we have who are comfortable in possession and able to receive the ball in the tightest of situations the better we'll be imo.

Watching the Hearts/Liverpool game it was refreshing to see both teams trying to play the ball on the ground and building from the back.

I thought that as well, although only watched bits & pieces of the game.

That said, was a stark difference in the quality between the sides (which you would expect given the difference in resources tbf). Liverpool played a lot of 1 & 2 touch stuff and when they would take a touch it was a case of taking the ball into your stride without affecting momentum, whereas many of the Hearts players were taking 1 or 2 touches just to control or was a touch and then get the head up and think about the next move...these extra 2 or 3 seconds really do make such a difference!

But, as I say, fair play to Hearts for how they tried to play.

I thought that as well, although only watched bits & pieces of the game.

That said, was a stark difference in the quality between the sides (which you would expect given the difference in resources tbf). Liverpool played a lot of 1 & 2 touch stuff and when they would take a touch it was a case of taking the ball into your stride without affecting momentum, whereas many of the Hearts players were taking 1 or 2 touches just to control or was a touch and then get the head up and think about the next move...these extra 2 or 3 seconds really do make such a difference!

But, as I say, fair play to Hearts for how they tried to play.

Good game to watch even though Liverpool were saving their best players for the Man City game at the weekend.