Scotland tonight asking why Scotland fans "booed one of our own"

Got to laugh at them. Is this how THE WORLDS MOST SUCCESSFUL FOOTBALL CLUB should be treated and portrayed by the media. If its not bigotry what is it? Envy? I thought that was a sin ;)

It is bigotry. Pure and simple. Anyone who spins any other reason is deluded and a liar.

The guy is correct I would of booed black last season, but only at club level.

I have heard all kind of shit today about why he was booed, and the excuses they make up for it are even worse. The simple fact it was because he played for rangers.

Archie the apologist bastard McPherson fukk right off ya old cunt stop talking shite about a wife beating alky bastard....fact is black was booed because he plays for hated Rangers.......Get green on that fukking tv show now!!!!!

I've never bought into the idea that the Tartan Army, whatever that means exactly that differs from any other group of supporters of other countries, being roving ambassadors, spreading goodwill and peace around the globe. They are football fans impacted by their own importance who are inclined to dance in fountains and the like, whether their team wins 5-0 or loses 5-0. I'm no longer a fan of Scotland the football team; because there is a distasteful over elaboration of what it means to be a Scottish fan that doesn't sit easy: the fireworks displays and the hyped-up atmosphere before the team walks on is fairly immature, and turns Scotland matches into a circus.

ScotlandTonight@ScotlandTonightWhy did Scotland fans boo one of our own last night? Does football tribalism prevent the unity we had for Team GB at Olympics?#scotnight

Expand

8m430389_10151325695485022_516290021_22943414_295661239_n_normal.jpgDaniel Brown@MiniKitson@ScotlandTonight As for the booing, Black is reviled throughout Scottish football (except by RFC fans who hated him last season but not now)

I think this will be on tonights show which the rest of the media ignored.

I do support Scotland but you can shove yer Tartan Army up your arse hole!

I will watch from home from now on never will I sit at Hampden again...... Unless its to support the Red White & Blue.

Omg it's because maybe 5% were supporters that actively hate Rangers and the rest join in because they think it makes them part of the collective. I'd be surprised if anyone knows exactly why they booed or admit their prejudice.

I am a bif Scotland fan - but he is the worst manager we have ever had (IMHO) - I dont Boo buty if anyone deserves a few its Craig 4-6-0 Levin

Worse than Burley come on?

Anyway I though it was through the disloyalty of Rangers fans that this happened.

The situation is untennable......ridiculous.....Rangers is now an "enclave" surrounded by hostile forces, be it legislative bodies, professional bodies or other fans.

Only one club could survive this amount of bigotry and hatred...'cos we don't walk away.

Tin hats on guys :uk:

People can dress it up how they wish, be it because he plays for us or because he used to play for Hearts.

The real question is what kind of person are you when you want to actively single out one player on your side and boo him? How is that meant to inspire them to try 100% for the supporters?

We've all tutted or FFS'd when a team has been read out or a sub comes on but it's just not cricket to hurl abuse at them, its not the player's fault that they have been asked to play.

Most rational people realise that it was an embarrassment, that the behaviour was immature and frankly pathetic, but then we don't have anyone out there willing to publicly state that fact and shame those who did it!