Police at Ibrox today, No Agenda?

I just had to post my utter disbelief and anger at a pathetic downside of today's wonderful occasion.

The man outside Ibrox who sells alot of scarves and flags etc, who has done so for as long as i can remember was today filmed, his stall and all the items for sale.

He was told to remove scarfs that were seen to unacceptable and were inciting sectarianism and could be offensive. They said if he removed them, they didn't have a problem. He removed it, then the policeman says "...i wont charge you today..."

Everyone around me was dumbfounded, CHARGED??? For selling a scarf that says the word tim on it.

AREN'T THERE REAL CRIMINALS OUT THERE TO BE ARRESTED??

Strange when you think if this was so offensive, I don't remember them filming or removing all those "...the h**s are going bust" scarfs???

Or the hellish banners that Celtic had with the bloody four men of the apocalypse, or more recently us as zombies getting shot??? That was perfectly acceptable, not offensive at all??

Are these same people going to be at Parkhead pulling down the pro-ira rubbish that is sold there?

I VERY MUCH DOUBT IT!!!

I am sorry it was a silly thing on the face of a magnificent day but it made me sick, this double standard is getting out of control.

But there is no agenda against Rangers?

IMG_3188.jpg

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just had to post my utter disbelief and anger at a pathetic downside of today's wonderful occasion.

The man outside Ibrox who sells alot of scarves and flags etc, who has done so for as long as i can remember was today filmed, his stall and all the items for sale.

He was told to remove scarfs that were seen to unacceptable and were inciting sectarianism and could be offensive. They said if he removed them, they didn't have a problem. He removed it, then the policeman says "...i wont charge you today..."

Everyone around me was dumbfounded, CHARGED??? For selling a scarf that says the word tim on it.

AREN'T THERE REAL CRIMINALS OUT THERE TO BE ARRESTED??

Strange when you think if this was so offensive, I don't remember them filming or removing all those "...the h**s are going bust" scarfs???

Or the hellish banners that Celtic had with the bloody four men of the apocalypse, or more recently us as zombies getting shot??? That was perfectly acceptable, not offensive at all??

Are these same people going to be at Parkhead pulling down the pro-ira rubbish that is sold there?

I VERY MUCH DOUBT IT!!!

I am sorry it was a silly thing on the face of a magnificent day but it made me sick, this double standard is getting out of control.

But there is no agenda against Rangers?

IMG_3188.jpg

Did they get rid of that big Sectarian Manchester City flag?

The thing was it just backfired because all the people around me bought that particular scarf after they left. This is getting ridiculous this sectarian stuff, leave football alone, no-one at Ibrox was offended, Celtic dont even care. Let us enjoy our own stuff, in our own arena, and get back to catching real criminals?

Does he get the same treatment when he sells his celtic scarves and wares.

As no doubt he covers both Grounds.

I always think stuff like this should be sold by Rangers so all the profits are ploughed back into the team.

I think you will find that the unwashed are very well versed at complaining about anything that takes their fancy. We talk a good game but rarely act upon it. That is the difference. If you are pissed off then complain and complain to the highest authority. Dont go for the local lackey, go for the top man/ woman, take photographs and dont accept them palming you off.

I think you will find that the unwashed are very well versed at complaining about anything that takes their fancy. We talk a good game but rarely act upon it. That is the difference. If you are pissed off then complain and complain to the highest authority. Dont go for the local lackey, go for the top man/ woman, take photographs and dont accept them palming you off.

And if and when you put a complaint in tell them to go and catch some drug dealing low lifes who are terrorising our streets .

Theres plenty of them wearing green and white tops.

As the man above says they are good at complaining .

We just play at it.

The thing was it just backfired because all the people around me bought that particular scarf after they left. This is getting ridiculous this sectarian stuff, leave football alone, no-one at Ibrox was offended, Celtic dont even care. Let us enjoy our own stuff, in our own arena, and get back to catching real criminals?

A new era for Rangers and we should grasp this with both hands.

Yes, any people walking past this stand would never be offended but when the scarf makes its way into school or into kids lives, where does it end?

Why should scarves be talking about Tims or Catholics? Can they not be going on about World beaters and Record setters?

I agree that Celtic are just as bad and should be targeted but we have to get our house in order first.

This, as usual, is trying to make us out this evil in Glasgow, it gets me so angry, by all accounts today was a fun and exciting day, lots of kids who were there to see part of history that was made, and the police react like that, just makes me very sad and ashamed of the police that are meant to protect us.

Yes, any people walking past this stand would never be offended but when the scarf makes its way into school or into kids lives, where does it end?

Why should scarves be talking about Tims or Catholics? Can they not be going on about World beaters and Record setters?

I agree that Celtic are just as bad and should be targeted but we have to get our house in order first.

i hear what you are saying, but it would be nice for the police to do their fecking job and catch real criminals. on a scale, i'm pretty sure this is really near the bottom. its just a popular thing just now, so the police try to look like they are active in the area. i'm sure they MUST be doing something at the piggery, but i just never hear about it - is it simply because we are an easier target?

also - filming it, i just find that disgusting.

It is getting ridiculous but it will continue to worsen till someone takes a stand. This is protected free speech under the European Convention on Human Rights. Current legislation being enforced in Scotland is directly contrary to these principles. Undoubtedly at some point someone will take the stand and it will be over-turned.

Good and valid points. (tu)

i hear what you are saying, but it would be nice for the police to do their fecking job and catch real criminals. on a scale, i'm pretty sure this is really near the bottom. its just a popular thing just now, so the police try to look like they are active in the area. i'm sure they MUST be doing something at the piggery, but i just never hear about it - is it simply because we are an easier target?

also - filming it, i just find that disgusting.

I would not rule out the new owners being behind this. Charles Green and his backers do not care less for any of the suspect 'Rangers Tradition' and may want to get rid of it as soon as possible. When I say 'suspect', I mean any of those that have hit the headlines of late, in a bad way - the new owners want a business with a full potential and no enemies.