You blasted us but do you know what..............

.........I'm still immensely proud of my tiny club.

Even after your financial problems you still have the sort of money we can only gasp at.

We just have part timers.

But it was not double figures! We took Greenhill off at half time because his Father had died and he didn't feel up for the second half.

At the risk of ridicule I would like to mention the following:

EAST STIRLINGSHIRE

Ryan McWilliams: The 22-year-old goalkeeper joined on loan a fortnight ago from Albion Rovers after spells at Morton and Ayr United. He sat on the bench for the Honest Men against Kilmarnock in the Scottish Communities League Cup semi-final at Hampden. During the week he’s a care worker who also helps coach kids down at Morton.

Craig Hume: An electrician, Hume was playing amateur football until three months ago and at the age of 25 was happy doing so with friends until Shire manager John Coughlin invited him in for pre-season.

Nathan Shepherd: As a youngster he was on the books at Morton and played briefly in their first team before spending last season at Stranraer. The 20-year-old combines playing with his role as a Civil Servant within a Job Centre.

Ricky Miller: Rough and tumble centre-half whose job will be to win headers at Ibrox. The summer signing from East of Scotland side Vale of Leithen is a painter and decorator.

Steven Jackson: ‘Chico’ has been with the club since he was 17 after being spotted playing for a youth side after being released by St Johnstone. Now 19, he has become a regular in the Shire team and the club have high hopes for the player who is presently not working.

Rhys Devlin: Bank worker Devlin joined on loan from Airdrie last season before joining permanently in the summer. The 21-year-old has had the misfortune to be sent off four times in his career so far with his last dismissal coming in April at Hampden against Queen’s Park

David Greenhill: Head coach John Coughlin’s most ambitious capture of the season when he persuaded his former charge at Berwick Rangers to be the bright ‘spark’ in the Shire’s midfield. The 27-year-old fits the bill as he is a self-employed electrician.

Kevin Turner: The captain spends his time away from football delivering legal papers. An ex-Rangers youth player, he was picked up from amateur football a year ago and made skipper at the club.

Paul Quinn: Striker Quinn worked with Coughlin at Stenhousemuir and moved quickly to join him in the summer from Albion Rovers. Started his career at St Mirren, however he is now a care worker as opposed to a full-time footballer.

Scott Maxwell: Silky left-sided player who stepped up from Dalkieth Thistle just over a year ago. A joiner away from the football field, he won an SFL Goal of the Month award last term for a 45-yarder against Peterhead.

Craig Donaldson: Just returned to the club after more than a year out with an ankle injury. He is a fans’ favourite and also a favourite with customers throughout central Scotland where he works as delivery driver for kegs of beer.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even after your financial problems you still have the sort of money we can only gasp at.

But it was not double figures! We took Greenhill off at half time because his Father had died and he didn't feel up for the second half.

EAST STIRLINGSHIRE

Ryan McWilliams: The 22-year-old goalkeeper joined on loan a fortnight ago from Albion Rovers after spells at Morton and Ayr United. He sat on the bench for the Honest Men against Kilmarnock in the Scottish Communities League Cup semi-final at Hampden. During the week he’s a care worker who also helps coach kids down at Morton.

Craig Hume: An electrician, Hume was playing amateur football until three months ago and at the age of 25 was happy doing so with friends until Shire manager John Coughlin invited him in for pre-season.

Nathan Shepherd: As a youngster he was on the books at Morton and played briefly in their first team before spending last season at Stranraer. The 20-year-old combines playing with his role as a Civil Servant within a Job Centre.

Ricky Miller: Rough and tumble centre-half whose job will be to win headers at Ibrox. The summer signing from East of Scotland side Vale of Leithen is a painter and decorator.

Steven Jackson: ‘Chico’ has been with the club since he was 17 after being spotted playing for a youth side after being released by St Johnstone. Now 19, he has become a regular in the Shire team and the club have high hopes for the player who is presently not working.

Rhys Devlin: Bank worker Devlin joined on loan from Airdrie last season before joining permanently in the summer. The 21-year-old has had the misfortune to be sent off four times in his career so far with his last dismissal coming in April at Hampden against Queen’s Park

David Greenhill: Head coach John Coughlin’s most ambitious capture of the season when he persuaded his former charge at Berwick Rangers to be the bright ‘spark’ in the Shire’s midfield. The 27-year-old fits the bill as he is a self-employed electrician.

Kevin Turner: The captain spends his time away from football delivering legal papers. An ex-Rangers youth player, he was picked up from amateur football a year ago and made skipper at the club.

Paul Quinn: Striker Quinn worked with Coughlin at Stenhousemuir and moved quickly to join him in the summer from Albion Rovers. Started his career at St Mirren, however he is now a care worker as opposed to a full-time footballer.

Scott Maxwell: Silky left-sided player who stepped up from Dalkieth Thistle just over a year ago. A joiner away from the football field, he won an SFL Goal of the Month award last term for a 45-yarder against Peterhead.

Craig Donaldson: Just returned to the club after more than a year out with an ankle injury. He is a fans’ favourite and also a favourite with customers throughout central Scotland where he works as delivery driver for kegs of beer.

Just have a massive soft spot for the Shire,my brother used to be the manager there,and used to take my late father there,he loved it,remember 'we' got to the semi-final of the now ramsdens cup and got cruelly beat with a debetable late penalty with Livingston,i say ;we; but that is a total disservice to you guys that have followed through thick and thin,but i have put you're dilemma tactfully through the best site in the world,im a Rangers man,and always will be,but atleast i can say i had a brilliant few years following,for me the most humble football club in the world,'long live the shirie pirie', :clap:

Hopefully any notions that we'll stroll every game and hit double figures every other week are long gone. There's been some amount of shite on here over the past couple of weeks. We're still going to win the league comfortably but only if we turn up in the right frame of mind every week. This slightly sticky start is probably the best thing that could have happened.

Your team did well and hopefully you can benefit financially from our presence in the SFL.

Respect to East Stirlingshire, was great to have a good game of football without having the tirade of jealous bigotry thrown our way. Football as it was meant to be, ES players applauded off the pitch by bears at full time, mutual respect; take note SPL...this is how a great day out at the football is supposed to be. (tu)

EAST STIRLINGSHIRE

your rep-to-post ratio is higher than anything i've seen. you are a Jedi-Ger.

There is no ridicule here for you . Your club should be proud. A lot of pressure for this match.

50,000 at ibrox is not easy for anyone. The Shire has plenty to be proud of.

On a previous post I had stated that since the Shire doesnt have their own park to move the two

ochilview matches to Ibrox and give you guys a 50/50 of the gate. Just thought it would be a good idea.

Fair plays to the OP

Would like to hear some comments from the Shire players about their day in front of 49,118 fans. Unfortunately the media in Scotland appear to be mostly ignoring the record breaking game. Of course there is no bias.

We had more fans at one game than at all SPL games combined. A fact being reported globally but ignored in the Rhepublic of Scotland.

Well done both sets of players + both sets of fans. Well done Shire for taking the game to the Gers.

The players would have been a bit down as they got beat but in 10,20, 30 even 40 years

from now they will be telling the story of how they played in front of nearly 50,000 fans

and they will remember the day until they take their last breathe.

I hope the players enjoyed themselves and I hope with us being in Div3 the club will get a cash

boost to keep ticking over, I was in the Broomloan stand and I know loads of the folks in there

were giving them a clap as they went by after going over to see their own fans.

When I was going into the Stadium I walked past the front doors of ibrox and there were a few

of your fans standing 1 even had a Zebra head on, I didn't see any of the Gers supporters

making remarks they were even talking to a few, the game was played with a nice atmosphere

and was a good day out for everyone.

Well done to your boys. A fantastic effort. Who would have though east Stirlingshire would play such a big part in the history of the mighty Glasgow rangers. Your players and support were a credit to you. We look forward to filling your ground next time and ensuring yor club gets a nice little pay day. Forever friends.

Your number 12, Begg, let your club down with one of the worst tackles I've seen at Ibrox on Ian Black. Should have been a 10 match ban and that muppet referee booked him.

Other than that fair play for the way you tried to pass the ball around.

I know he let in 5 goals but the keeper had a cracking match.

The save from Little in the first half with his feet, while going the opposite direction, was for me the pick of the bunch, tremendous stop, the greatest keeper to grace the English leagues, a certain Pat Jennings, used to save with his feet a lot, a bright future for this young man awaits I think.

Does he always place his bye kicks into the subs bench? :P

The left back also impressed, he looked comfortable going forward with the ball at his feet.

'Shire played a lot better and open than a number of SPL clubs have done when they have come to Ibrox, and of course, a lot of credit goes to their fans.

overall I was impressed with East Stirlingshire - it was a penalty and well taken under such pressure - your keeper played well ( not reflected In the score) and the we left back - well my wife just wanted to put him in her handbag and take him home - she thought he was cute. your team are a credit to football !

I couldnt make the game yesterday, but Ive never seen a thread like this on here! Brilliant to see credit going to where it was due and cheers for the OP cause this thread makes me even more proud to be a bear and I didnt think that was possible!