About the SPL prize money being withheld from The Rangers

MosesMcNeil

I'm just looking for some answers to this mystery.

Whilst it's easy to understand why the grubby, greedy, grabbing hands of the SPL clubs are all over the cash, how is that these monies are not directly being sent to D&P as administrators for distribution to the creditors as a whole?

Is it a wild guess to assume it was part of the blackmail deal to allow The Rangers to transfer membership and secure the SFA licence? But, even so, does the five-way agreement between the SPL, SFA, SFL, Green & Co and D&P allow them to do this to the detriment of all creditors?

Any information as to why the SFA are holding the fee for Davis welcome, too.

Think this is a question the Liquidators will ask. Do the SPL have the money, what happens if they dish it out only for the liquidators to ask for it back?

We don't have liquidators.

No one has been appointed as yet - and BDO would not speculate as to why on Friday, let alone when or, indeed, if they will be at all.

It's pretty simple, they have no money, they don't have than £800k in an account, the only real reason they witheld prize money was because without it in their account they couldn't afford to continue.

D&P must have a legitimate claim to the Davis fee. Was the money for Davis paid by Southampton to SFA?

Charles Green is rightly peeved at the backtracking of the SPL in relation to paying oldco football debts but has it been confirmed who this letter he has in his possession is addressed to? ie oldco/newco, D&P/Charles Green.

ps. Wouldn't Duff & Phelps have a claim on last seasons prize money, if not why not?

I'm just looking for some answers to this mystery.

Whilst it's easy to understand why the grubby, greedy, grabbing hands of the SPL clubs are all over the cash, how is that these monies are not directly being sent to D&P as administrators for distribution to the creditors as a whole?

Is it a wild guess to assume it was part of the blackmail deal to allow The Rangers to transfer membership and secure the SFA licence? But, even so, does the five-way agreement between the SPL, SFA, SFL, Green & Co and D&P allow them to do this to the detriment of all creditors?

maybe their going into administration?

Seen a rumour posted on a football site so I don't know if there is any truth in it but it said that if Rangers drew an SPL club in any cup competitions this season then the match programme would be £14 but admission would be £1, thus denying the SPL Club a large slice of the attendance fee.Don't if this is true or even legal but if it is a Charles Green idea.............................Brilliant !!

Seen a rumour posted on a football site so I don't know if there is any truth in it but it said that if Rangers drew an SPL club in any cup competitions this season then the match programme would be £14 but admission would be £1, thus denying the SPL Club a large slice of the attendance fee.Don't if this is true or even legal but if it is a Charles Green idea.............................Brilliant !!

Both teams have to agree a price I'm sure. I remember there was an issue with prices for a league cup game against Kilmarnock in a Monday night (Rangers wanted lower prices, Kilnarnock higher) so prices reverted to the previous SPL meeting of the clubs

I was on holiday and didnt know we got a fee for Davis.

Anyone tell me how much it was please?

I'm sure the money owed was £2m it similar (prize money for finishing second and tv money) the 800k is what the SFA are holding from Southampton for the Davis fee

Surely even if a price needs to be agreed, they can't stop give-away or freebie tickets. Maybe have a meaningless game where buying a ticket gets you a ticket for the next cup game.

There is a minimum ticket price set at the start of each season by the sfa/sfl. We need to stick to that.

Don't know about our prize money but didn't we tell southampton to hold onto the money until the paperwork was sorted out so as the SFA didn't get their grubby mits on it.

Green is in dispute with SFA over the money owed to united which the SFA agreed to settle but now appear to be trying to show just how much their word is worth by going back on the deal which they never apparently paid anyway. Go on Charlie you got them by the short and curlies IMO, make the swine squeal.

I am really starting to like Green but still can't shake this nagging doubt about him, guess it must be a hangover from the whyte era.