When Facing Queens Park

truerangerfb

I wanted to know when we face Queens Park, should we bring a crowd of 30,000 - 40,000, who gets the money?

my understanding is that the sfa have ownership of a % of the stadium so do they get any money from our support?

or will it be queens park and rangers?

if this is a naive question please dont slag me for it, I just wanted to know

WATP

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

all money goes to queens park

i was convinced Queens Park would get it but got told at the game yesterday that as they are Amateur they don't, something about the ground lease with the SFA means the SFA get it and they pay Queens Park a percentage.

as i say i thought otherwise but the lad i was talking to seemed to be convinced.

Money will go to Queens Park.

Rangers will only get a fee if they sell the tickets on Queens Parks behalf and charge them and the supporters an admin fee.

We won't take 30-40000 though. I'd be impressed If we managed 10000

I reckon more than 10000. It's the 29th December, being holidays n that a lot more may be inclined to go. If they price it wisely they will be onto a winner.

two things i noticed while checking their 'wiki' page

1. Queen's Park have won the Scottish Cup the third most times of any club, behind Rangers and Celtic, although the last time they won it was in 1893 (wow)

2. The Spiders' support is known for being vociferous, especially during away games, where the loyal support gets behind their team, draw, lose or draw.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Money will go to Queens Park.

Rangers will only get a fee if they sell the tickets on Queens Parks behalf and charge them and the supporters an admin fee.

We won't take 30-40000 though. I'd be impressed If we managed 10000

yeah this for me too

I think we could see upwards of 30,000 -35,000 at this game .I am pretty convinced of that , as another Poster said the Holiday Period is then, and that along with our very Loyal support ,will give them a bumper Day.

Some of our own Fans underestimate the Power of our Fan base.

And I think you will see a lot of Expats and Anglo Scots, who are home at that time come to see the Gers.

i was convinced Queens Park would get it but got told at the game yesterday that as they are Amateur they don't, something about the ground lease with the SFA means the SFA get it and they pay Queens Park a percentage.

as i say i thought otherwise but the lad i was talking to seemed to be convinced.

I was also told the same sort of thing yesterday by the guy who sits next to me. He said that he has conducted the SFA's audits for the last few years and is adamant that all the money will go to them and Queens Park will get hee haw.

if we could have someone provide complete answer with verifyable source, as i dont want those wanks at sfa getting my money, not even a percentage

Location Mount Florida, Glasgow, Scotland

Coordinates 55°49′33″N 4°15′7″W

Opened 1903

Renovated 1999

Owner Queen's Park F.C.

Capacity 52,063

Wiki

The project, which has seen the reconstruction of Hampden Park in Glasgow, has been plagued debts and controversy.

TNS is a subsidiary of Queen's Park, the amateur club which owns Hampden.

It is understood that if this deal is not concluded and the debts, which stand at £5.5m, are not paid off, TNS will have to go into liquidation.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/659595.stm

if we could have someone provide complete answer with verifyable source, as i dont want those wanks at sfa getting my money, not even a percentage

I can confirm Queen's Park FC own Hampden, Lesser Hampden and the concourse between. Home teams take the gate from SFL home league fixtures, it's only cup fixtures that get split.

The SFA lease Hampden from Queen's Park on a long term rolling basis. Hampden Park Ltd manages ticketing and events at Hampden, including event management for QP games, and therefore if there was a % attributed to anyone other than QP it would be them.

Rest assured, the SFA will get not a bean from us supporting our club.

I was also told the same sort of thing yesterday by the guy who sits next to me. He said that he has conducted the SFA's audits for the last few years and is adamant that all the money will go to them and Queens Park will get hee haw.

The guy who sits next to you talks shite then, no offence to you though (tu)