When Facing Queens Park

truerangerfb

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The guy who sits next to you talks shite then, no offence to you though (tu)

You may be right, you may be wrong, all I know is I don't have a scoobie about it, so not going to say Bear A is right and Bear B is wrong, as it would just be pure speculation on my part. Again, no offence to you either bud! (tu)

if we could have someone provide complete answer with verifyable source, as i dont want those wanks at sfa getting my money, not even a percentage

I emailed QP and received very prompt and courteous answer from lady secretary stating QP got all money from home gates.

She also welcomed the prospect of a large Rangers support,said she was looking forward to welcoming our fans visiting their stadium

Glad to hear the above. More than happy to be there and if QP take the gates then fair play, just how the Fxxx did they get to own the stadium anyway, thats just madness?

Uhm they've owned it since they built it? Queens Park used to get crowds to match anyone in the bye gone days of yore so why shouldn't they be allowed to own their own stadium?

Uhm they've owned it since they built it? Queens Park used to get crowds to match anyone in the bye gone days of yore so why shouldn't they be allowed to own their own stadium?

Yes i know that but my original question was related to the fact that the major developments and improvements of the ground were NOT made by Queens Park, therefore i wondered how they owned the satdium.

Surely an external company carrying out works etc, must own a share, that was my original statement, I am fully aware of the origins of Hampden, im not as naive as some

don't be bitchy

SHHHHHHHHUSHHHH 20th Oct Home game against QP

Guess what? Gauranteed change of date coz the taigs play st mirren that day away! Let the fun begin if the both games go ahead on the same day! :5536:

Our 3pm kick off time Might not change if their game is on live tv as that would be 12ish kick off . So shouldnt be a problem .

Yes i know that but my original question was related to the fact that the major developments and improvements of the ground were NOT made by Queens Park, therefore i wondered how they owned the satdium.

Surely an external company carrying out works etc, must own a share, that was my original statement, I am fully aware of the origins of Hampden, im not as naive as some

don't be bitchy

Well if you read a few posts above you will see such a company does exist and is a fair bit in debt. I think the SFA possibly paid for some of the reconstruction and no doubt other grants as well. It's still Queens Park's stadium though.

Bitchy :D

From QPFC website:

Contrary to popular myth, Queen's Park still own Hampden, although its day-to-day running is carried out by a separate umbrella body. And, pop concerts and European finals excepting, Queen's still play their home games at the national stadium.

Queen's Park own Hampden.

Also, I agree, we can't fill it otherwise they will be the new record holders.

Someone needs to find a reason to be offended so we can call a boycott :D

As other posters have already said, QP lease Hampden to the SFA. I thought I'd post this info that I got from a guy that I chat with on another forum. He's a QP fan, and goes to all the AGM's etc etc. I think he explains this in some pretty good detail. Oh, and by the way....if you think it's just us that hate the SFA, then you'd be wrong!:-

The SFA pay us rent - a lot less than they were due to. They made sure they negotiated that down as part of the settlement agreement. Also most of the rent we get goes to pay off the loans and other capital commitments we had to take on due to the shortfall in funding. When we agreed to the Phase 2 development of Hampden it was meant to cost £37m - we only had £31m of funding. Jim Farry, the SFA Chief Executive, assured us they would get the funding to complete the project and not to worry about it. We took the SFA for their word and started it (we all do stupid things!). In the end the cost soared to £65m. We only had funding for £61m. Despite an initial shortfall of £6m at the start and costs rising by £28m, a £4m shortfall was an amazing achievement! Half of that £4m was down to the SFA saying they would get £4m funding for the museum. They gave us £2m! Queen's Park were the second largest contributors at £9.4m behind the Millennium Fund (from the national lottery). I don't want to bore everyone with the details but suffice to say we went into Administration, lost all our cash reserves, control of our major asset for 40 years, had our future income cut and our capital repayments increased. All of this down to the SFA who were the main beneficiary!

I will be 73 when we get full control of Hampden back in 2039! That day can't come soon enough!

(tu)

You may be right, you may be wrong, all I know is I don't have a scoobie about it, so not going to say Bear A is right and Bear B is wrong, as it would just be pure speculation on my part. Again, no offence to you either bud! (tu)

Nah you're quite right buddy, but I work at QP :D lol

The deal, as it stands, sees the SFA with 8 years left on their tennancy agreement with some conditions attached to it which, if met, mean it can be rolled on for another maximum term of 20 years. Because QP went into admin (2000'ish I think) the SFA lease is seen as some form of rescue for the stadium and they claimed they would run it for the term they rent it, which isn't the case in practicalility. Hampden Park Ltd manage the stadium as opposed to the SFA, and one of the directors of Hampden Park Ltd is also a Director/committee member of Queen's Park.

Could we fill the whole stadium?

I genuinely hope so. When QP dumped the sheep out the cup a few years back we got a new mini bus for the youth department lol so you can only imagine what us bears taking over Hampden for the day would do. Also the best chance of the majority of us to get away tickets