Get well soon jukebox Durie

Don81

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently had a seizure after the East fife game yesterday. Hope he's doing ok.

My god, I did not know this and it always good to look after the bears out their.

He will feel groggy for the next few days but he will be back in that dugout doing a job.

Once a bear always a bear and Jukers is a true bear.

Full report from the daily rebel, before anyone comments got it from a link on the east fife website.

http://www.<No links to this website>/news/scottish-news/rangers-hero-gordon-durie-raced-1268504

For those that don't want to soil themselves - report below

GORDON DURIE was rushed to hospital last night after a mystery collapse.

The East Fife manager was stretchered from the ­dressing room after players raised the alarm when he blacked out ­following a match.

Friends said Durie, 46, was still in hospital as doctors ran a series of tests.

Durie, who starred for Rangers and Scotland, complained of feeling unwell after watching his team draw 0-0 at home with Queen of the South.

Minutes later, he fainted in the shower in front of his shocked players, who raised the alarm with the club’s ­doctor.

Durie received medical treatment at Bayview Stadium in Methil before being stretchered out to an ambulance.

He was taken to Victoria Hospital in Kirkcaldy, where he was kept in for ­observation.

East Fife chairman Sid Collumbine last night said the Rangers nine-in-a-row hero had suffered a mini-seizure before he blacked out.

He added that Durie, who suffers from asthma, had started to feel better after treatment by medics at the club’s ground.

Collumbine said: “Everyone was in a panic when Gordon collapsed.

“We mangaged to get the club doctor and an ambulance to him quickly.

“Gordon was starting to feel better when he was being taken out on a stretcher but the paramedics weren’t taking any chances and insisted he go to hospital.

“We’re not sure what caused him to collapse but it was some sort of mini-seizure.”

Durie, who played 43 times for Scotland and starred for Tottenham and Chelsea, took over as manager of the Second Division team in March.

He was last night ­recovering in hospital, where his condition was described as stable.

Wishing him a speedy recovery. I can remember years ago at Killie, I think, the Jukebox took a bad head knock, tried to play on then fell to the ground. Was horrible watching.

Was just thinking that as i read the title. Get well some, Jukebox.

While we're here, why is his name name Jukebox?

Published on Monday 20 August 2012 00:55

EAST Fife manager Gordon Durie was discharged from hospital last night after undergoing tests when he fell ill at the conclusion of his team’s 1-1 draw with Queen of the South at Bayview Stadium on Saturday.

The former Scotland international, 46, was taken to hospital after the Second Division fixture and kept in as a precaution. A statement on East Fife’s website explained: “Unfortunately, our manager Gordon Durie suffered an allergic reaction while showering after the match.”

The club’s physio, Brian McNeill, last night posted the following on the fans’ forum: “Having spent a comfortable night, he has this evening been allowed home. Further tests will be carried out over the next week or so. Gordon and family would like to thank everyone for their concern.”

Durie’s assistant, Gordon Chisholm, reported yesterday that the former East Fife, Hibs and Rangers striker was on the road back to full fitness. “Gordon suffers from asthma and has been suffering a bit from a chest infection lately, so it looks like that was the cause, but they will know fully after the tests. I am expecting him back in at training this week as if nothing has happened, but we will be guided by the medical staff both here and at the hospital.”

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/sfl-division-two/durie-discharged-from-hospital-after-tests-1-2477729