Kyle Hutton

Gaz92

Anyone feel a bit gutted for him right now?

If there was anytime he was going to get his chance, it was going to be this season. Had such an stop-start Rangers career so far, and the one game he played this season, I was pretty impressed by him. And then he's been dropped, with no appearance since.

Fair enough, we don't know what's going on behind the scenes, and it is very early in the season, but I did think we'd see more of him than we have. I've even heard a couple of people suggesting another loan spell for him. If he's not going to make it now, I don't think a loan spell is going to help.

My two cents on it, is that I don't think McCulloch is a midfielder. I didn't think he fit in at all at the East Stirling game. He's a striker, and the difference of impact he makes on the game up front compared to in midfield is night and day. I think Hutton is a better pick for the central role, and although McCulloch is a leader, I think he's best suited further up the pitch.

Any thoughts?

If there was anytime he was going to get his chance, it was going to be this season. Had such an stop-start Rangers career so far, and the one game he played this season, I was pretty impressed by him. And then he's been dropped, with no appearance since.

Fair enough, we don't know what's going on behind the scenes, and it is very early in the season, but I did think we'd see more of him than we have. I've even heard a couple of people suggesting another loan spell for him. If he's not going to make it now, I don't think a loan spell is going to help.

My two cents on it, is that I don't think McCulloch is a midfielder. I didn't think he fit in at all at the East Stirling game. He's a striker, and the difference of impact he makes on the game up front compared to in midfield is night and day. I think Hutton is a better pick for the central role, and although McCulloch is a leader, I think he's best suited further up the pitch.

Any thoughts?

He was not fully fit as far as I know and after 3 games is it right to cast so much doubt of the guys career...I know he is meant to have been moaning about it but there is a long season ahead hopefully in 3 cups and the league.

Any thoughts?

Don't know how the fans can see this but Ally can't? McCulloch should be used a forward with little and start Hutton in midfield.

Sadly I think we are still in the mindset of playing someone out of position is better than playing a youngster. I think there were a good few boys that thought this would improve their chances of getting first team action. It looks like we will just bring players in.

Sadly I think we are still in the mindset of playing someone out of position is better than playing a youngster. I think there were a good few boys that thought this would improve their chances of getting first team action. It looks like we will just bring players in.

How does this fit in with Lewis McLeod and Barry McKay then? Kyle Hutton is no longer a youngster either. Like I said earlier I don't think he is fully fit.

Thing is though, Ally's still showing he's not scared to give youngster's a chance with McKay and Mcleod. What's the difference between them and Hutton. If fitness is the problem then fair enough, but I've not seen anything myself that indicates why he shouldn't be starting.

Well Ally deals with the players on a daily basis and trains with them so he will know the reason as to why he has not been playing Hutton be it down to fitness or attitude. As was said above it’s nothing to do with not wanting to play the younger guys as Lewis and Barry are younger and have been playing in most of our games so far.

I’ve not been overly impressed with Kyle so far at Rangers, he deserves his chance though as has done nothing wrong on the park.

Same as last season, play a player out of position rather than use a talented youngster. How we can move forward with that attitude I will never know. We should look at other clubs like Ajax ...

It’s not the same as last season though is it?

Lewis and Barry are very talented (more so than Hutton imo) and are playing regular football which I’m delighted with. Jig can do a job in most areas and since our back line is terrible at the minute putting Jig in there to shore up the midfield is not the worst decision in the world. I seem to remember us winning titles and getting to a European final with Jig….

think he's a bit of a plodder tbh, and if its true about his attitude get him away, he's no loss.spoke to a friend of jackie mcnamara and he said hutton was ok at firhill, as was cole till he got injured, however he was dismayed by kal naismiths attitude and even spoke to his parents about it,before telling him just to go back to ibrox prior to the end of his loan deal