David Healy

AlBear.

Would you take him back?

He waited and he waited to get a chance for his team. Then we get bumped to Div 3 here's your chance wee man and he leaves. Can't be because he didn't think he would get into :ulster: squad. Coz Shiels and Little did, and he didn't coz he didn't have a club. He just got a big NO from Preston North End coz of some bitterness when he left them before.

So yeah just wondering what you think. He's a proven goal scorer. Personally I'd take him back.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have preferred Healy to have stayed rather than sign Kevin Kyle. Healy's best performance last season I thought was away in the cup against Arbroath, so at that standard he would have still contributed. Now we have signed Sandaza I would not look to re-sign him. I wish him all the best though.

I think his past goalscoring exploits were just that, in the past. He looks really unfit and he was just one of the Whyte signings that were meant to placate the Rangers support.

I don't see any reason to take hi bact at all.

as long as he is happy behind...

...Andrew Little, Lee McCulloch, Francisca Sandaza, Kane Hemmings, Barrie McKay & Kal Naismith in the pecking order.

Remember this squad has to get through a season and a half. Hemmings is out for another 3-4 month. McKay and Naismith are learning. Was just confused why he would leave, or we would let him leave.

Bit harsh mate.

Healy

Healy has never been very good he has never been able to replicate his international form into club level, his international career is really just a fluke

Port Vale: 16 Games - 3 Goals

Preston North End: 137 Games - 44 Goals

Norwich City: 13 Games - 2 Goals

Leeds United: 111 Games - 29 Goals

Fulham: 30 Games - 4 Goals

Sunderland: 13 Games - 1 Goal

Ipswich Town: 12 Games - 1 Goal

Doncaster Rovers: 8 Games - 2 Goals

Rangers: 19 Games - 4 Goals

He has never had any real success in his career other than his time at Preston North End which was years and years ago and even then his scoring record was nothing special. He may be a great guy and a huge Rangers fan but he just isn't a very good footballer and if he wasn't from Northern Ireland I can guarantee our fans would never have wanted us to sign him.