Ally McCoist The Manager

Tiebreak54

It is time to finally admit what I have thought for a long time. I do not think Ally is anywhere near the standard of manager Rangers require or expect. This is not a knee jerk reaction to the latest guff served up, it is after a year of watching continuous poor and aimless football where we have shown little sign of improvement in any aspect of the game that has led me to this conclusion. The manager has struggled to stamp his philosophy on the team in any tangible way, we play a hopeful brand of football; we hope to win, but have no real idea how to make it happen. It was clear from the outset that for Ally to be successful he had to be his own man, and that meant moving away from the generally dour football Walter had us playing. He has not done that, and I struggle to see any positives in Ally as a manager.It would of course be wrong to not consider and accept that off field matters have impacted heavily on the pitch, but it can not be used to protect Ally from criticism forever, because on purely football matters, he has been average at best.

I fully accept my position on the manager is not a stance echoed by many within the support, but when will people question the manager? Winning at the level we are competing should be a given, and so therefore we are naturally looking for more. So how do we then judge the manager? Is winning enough to keep the fans happy? Does the style of play matter? Has the managers outstanding performance off the field and his rightful position as club legend made it impossible for fans to criticise him? Is this healthy for the club moving forward?

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is time to finally admit what I have thought for a long time. I do not think Ally is anywhere near the standard of manager Rangers require or expect. This is not a knee jerk reaction to the latest guff served up, it is after a year of watching continuous poor and aimless football where we have shown little sign of improvement in any aspect of the game that has led me to this conclusion. The manager has struggled to stamp his philosophy on the team in any tangible way, we play a hopeful brand of football; we hope to win, but have no real idea how to make it happen. It was clear from the outset that for Ally to be successful he had to be his own man, and that meant moving away from the generally dour football Walter had us playing. He has not done that, and I struggle to see any positives in Ally as a manager.It would of course be wrong to not consider and accept that off field matters have impacted heavily on the pitch, but it can not be used to protect Ally from criticism forever, because on purely football matters, he has been average at best.

I fully accept my position on the manager is not a stance echoed by many within the support, but when will people question the manager? Winning at the level we are competing should be a given, and so therefore we are naturally looking for more. So how do we then judge the manager? Is winning enough to keep the fans happy? Does the style of play matter? Has the managers outstanding performance off the field and his rightful position as club legend made it impossible for fans to criticise him? Is this healthy for the club moving forward?

He is only just getting the chance now to manage after a shite year. Give him a fucking break eh.

He fucking deserves the chance to show us what he can do in calmer times.

Get a fucking grip you

Fuck sake, can't folk just stop slating Ally for a bit and at least give him a chance.

Successful managers aren't ones who play beautiful football. Successful managers are those who can build a team to put on the park and win games of football, which leads to winning trophies.

I have full faith in Ally to guide us back to where we want to be and keep us there. You should too.

I would have agreed with you last xmas but I think he deserves to be in charge during our rise for all hes been through. Hopefully he will learn and performances will improve, especially away from home but it is too soon to be questioning him as we have signed a lot of players and we are still getting the results we need.

There are millions of other forums on the web - go and join one.

Winning cannot be taken for granted, irrespective of level. I think Ally has done a good job so far this season. He is trying to put together a team in difficult circumstances.

I don't even think I should bite for this but the man deserves a year in the job at least.

I'm 100% sure of Ally didn't feel like he could do the job then he would step aside as he only wants what is best for Rangers.

Many people say they wished Ally has a job at lower leagues before steeping up to Rangers. Well he has the chance to do both now.

In Ally I trust!!