Juntos Somos Rangers! (Together We Are Rangers!)

DarcheVinny

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It could well be but seeing as how i haven't a clue what the guy was saying it might well be some foreign taig journo rippin the piss out of us :rolleyes:

Just watched the video, brilliant!!! at one of the interviews with fans outside ibrox, the wife, the two boys and I walk by! :uk:

Brilliant thread :praise: just read the main article and its amazing to see the love for Rangers and football trancends national boarders and continents, makes me so proud of all Rangers supporters everywhere :21: and its wonderfull to hear Marcelo,s words and love for us and our club :uk::crabflute: Juntos Somos Rangers :love:

This little story gave me some Goosebumps but why does this have to stop at Marcelo?

I'm thinking, since Charles Green likes to engage with the fans, someone (like Darchvinny) could maybe get in contact with him, at one of the home games or something and tell him the story. If we could exchange jerseys with Marcelo, the Ceara jersey could be placed somewhere in Ibrox. In the long run it could come to be symbolic of how our story shook the football world and how large a fanbase we have otherwise. Also, Green contacting Ceara for some kind of Affiliation could work out well in the long term.

Just have a feeling like something so small as Marcelo taking the time to tell us of his appreciation for the club and fans could possibly turn into something a lot bigger in the future?

Marcelo, I think the majority of Rangers fans would stick in a few quid and send you over a Rangers jersey. Thanks for the kind words mate!

Article with reference to our new friend Marcelo, on the homepage, as well as an amazing gesture from a certain Rangers player!

Juntos Somos Rangers - The Rangers Story Reaching Every Corner Of The Globe

[imgleft]http://rangersmedia.co.uk/images/resized/images/wv10rangersveaststirling_200_200.jpg[/imgleft]As every football fan in Britain will no doubt know, last weekend at Ibrox Rangers continued in their record setting tradition, by setting a new world record for a fourth tier football match.

49,118 people - myself included - made sure that they were there to be a part of the sell-out crowd, dubbed humorously by Charles Green, in a cheeky dig at the SPL club's failed 'Sell Out Saturday', as; 'Sold Out Satuday'.

The following day there were article in L'Equipe, France's most prestigious sports publication, as well as similar articles in Italy, Germany, Holland and all across Europe.

That isn't as far as the story goes. It has been brought to RangersMedia's attention today, that Brasilian TV news station, SporTVNews, were in Glasgow over the weekend to film a very in depth feature on the demotion of Rangers to the fourth tier of Scottish football.

The news video itself can be seen here, but you will need to speak Portuguese to understand the full thing!

This just shows how far and wide this Rangers story is travelling and as we climb the leagues in Scotland, the profile of the club can only grow throughout the whole world, with new supporters converting every day.

One of these new supporters is Marcelo Pinheiro. Below is what Marcelo had to say on RangersMedia today, after seeing that video above, on SporTVNews.

"Greetings from Brazil,

My name is Marcelo and I live in Fortaleza, wich is in northeast. Just writing to say that I was watching a Brazilian network TV today and I saw this Rangers news about the relegation.

As a football fan, I've never been that close to the Scottish league, but in this article I saw something fantastic. Something that I will always take with me wherever I go.

I am a Ceara Sporting Club fan, my team played Brazilian first division in 2010/2011, but we were not able to compete against the wealthy clubs like Flamengo, Corinthians, Sao paulo. They receive from the National confederation every almost 100 million reais (5 million dollars) to play, and Ceara Sporting Club just got 4 million. No way we can compete with the other clubs like this, It is tottaly unfair.

Since last year I was disinterested, stopped going to the stadium, my faith in football was over. The Brazilian soccer was dead to me. Until I saw this video from Sportv News.

I Just have one thing to say to you guys. You have to be proud of your club and I know you do, you have to proud of the fans that you got, and also I know you all do. When I saw those images that this TV brought to my place, I got tears in my eyes, just because you showed me that football is not dead. The real football still exists. The passion, the glories, it is really fantastic to see this happening.

With all the respect, the blue nation has the privilege to see this happening. Go to all the games, in the fourth, third and second division. This will happen just once in a lifetime. And as fan, you got lucky to live this part of the history.

And to finish this letter, I want to tell you all, that you got a Ranger on the other side of the planet!

JUNTOS SOMOS RANGERS! (Together we are Rangers!)

Marcelo"

This post by Marcelo in our forum, The Bears' Den, has been incredibly well received by all of our users on RangersMedia and many are clubbing together to send Marcelo a Rangers shirt, as well as a few other items to help him learn more about our beloved Rangers.

Even Rangers hero Lee McCulloch has offered to send Marcelo a signed shirt - an incredible gesture from big Jig!

Rangers supporters have been through an incredibly torrid and testing time in the past six months, but the way we have reacted to the demotion to SFL Division 3, really is incredile and inspiring in itself - as Marcelo has testified above!

The post really is an inspiration in itself and really demonstrates the impact the Rangers story has had on the world.

It doesn't matter whether you live in Glasgow, Belfast, Toronto or Brazil - juntos, somos Rangers.

I think many would chip in to bring him to Ibrox so he can see it all for himself. Great gesture by Lee and Welcome to the family.

I hope that we can build a link with Marcelo and maybe even his club? Brazilians LOVE football and it brings a tear to my eye to see how he appreciates our club and how the Brazilain media are doing likewise.

We really are the ONLY story in Scottish Football worth talking about!