Gomis

wee josh

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

poor stats.cant even get in the birmingham team,far too weak a player,dont touch him ally

Hope you emailed Ally this as well!

People who get too bogged down on stats can taste my bawsack. There's more to being a central midfielder, and if I remember he did the other jobs very well, always a nightmare whenever we played them. Would probably have taken him in the SPL as well.

Him and Black in the centre, with Shiels getting a free role behind Sandaza and Little could bring some very attractive football to Ibrox.

Apparently you can.

McMillian was another in a long line of players who's stock on here rose the less often they played.

It happened with Buffel, Niguez, McKay, McMillian & now it seems to be happening with Hutton too.

Agreed. That really does bug me. I don't think McMillan was all that bad, Hutton either. But I trust that there is good reasoning behind their exclusion. Did my head in when folks hailed McMillan as the new Cafu

Yea cos no other good players have ever come out of Auchenhowie...

McCormack, Hutton, Wilson, Adam, Burke to name a few who have gone on to have good careers.

Not to mention Ness, McCabe and the one who left for Celtic (Although I think he may have came from there in the first place?).

McCormack, Hutton, Wilson, Adam, Burke to name a few who have gone on to have good careers.

Not to mention Ness, McCabe and the one who left for Celtic (Although I think he may have came from there in the first place?).

Just to clarify, my previous post was riddled with sarcasm and the players you mention were my point.

There's been some cracking lads come through our set up (tu)

Most of the youngsters you think are good have left and done pretty much Fuk all elsewhere. The new batch coming thru with more game time will improve and be key players for us

Think that's a bit OTT. Many of these lads are playing regularly down south. Already a great step up from playing in Scotland. Adam, McCormack and Hutton are Scottish internationals, Burke has done well with Brum, Danny Wilson will get on to being a Scotland regar soon.

That's just a few of them. Regardless of that, these boys have made us a nice chunk of change too. Fact is, Auchenhowie has done its Job - to produce able footballers. Just because they didn't necessarily achieve all they could at our club, doesn't mean it didn't do it's job.

Also, frankly, I see the same happening with the lads coming through. I'd love them to be Bears for life. However, I can accept that should McKay have 5 excellent years with us and then gain us a substantial transfer fee, then the system has done its job

Can’t really call someone who didn’t feature more than a handful of times our best RB surely?

From what I seen of him he seemed a a far better defender than both Broadfoot and Whittaker. Plus Whittaker's form and discipline was atrocious last season. In my opinion, the main reason he didn't feature was because Ally didn't rate/like him.

From what I seen of him he seemed a a far better defender than both Broadfoot and Whittaker. Plus Whittaker's form and discipline was atrocious last season. In my opinion, the main reason he didn't feature was because Ally didn't rate/like him.

Whittaker and Broadfoot are no great shakes but they had European expierence and national caps to their names.

I can't agree that a young untested player with no more than a handfull of first team games was a better right back then guys who won titles with our club.

Think that's a bit OTT. Many of these lads are playing regularly down south. Already a great step up from playing in Scotland. Adam, McCormack and Hutton are Scottish internationals, Burke has done well with Brum, Danny Wilson will get on to being a Scotland regar soon.

That's just a few of them. Regardless of that, these boys have made us a nice chunk of change too. Fact is, Auchenhowie has done its Job - to produce able footballers. Just because they didn't necessarily achieve all they could at our club, doesn't mean it didn't do it's job.

Also, frankly, I see the same happening with the lads coming through. I'd love them to be Bears for life. However, I can accept that should McKay have 5 excellent years with us and then gain us a substantial transfer fee, then the system has done its job

Agree with Most of your point but of the players who have left only Hutton and Adam in my opinion have progressed in there careers. My Op should have been worded different. Glad to see auchenhowie is producing more good players.

The last sentance is unquestionably true. But Ally is the manager who sees him every single day in training. We saw JM on a couple of admittedly impressive occassions. We can't justify our thoughts as being anywhere near as worthy as Ally's considering

Agree with Most of your point but of the players who have left only Hutton and Adam in my opinion have progressed in there careers. My Op should have been worded different. Glad to see auchenhowie is producing more good players.

Ha see I disagree on Hutton. He's been dreadful since he left us, but he's been playing at a significantly better level. Ludicrous to say McCormack hasn't developed considering how many goals he's been knocking out in the championship. His improvement since leaving us and getting regular football has been remarkable. Think Burke has been very good too. Wilson will progress with time and I'd imagine the same could be said for Ness if he can stay fit and McCabe.

I'm sure there are a lot more players who have done well too but I can't think off the top of my head

Whittaker and Broadfoot are no great shakes but they had European expierence and national caps to their names.

I can't agree that a young untested player with no more than a handfull of first team games was a better right back then guys who won titles with our club.

Hence why I said 'albeit lacking the experience and somewhat unproven in the first team' in the previous post but no, it's a valid point you make and fair enough. I just feel if McMillan had been given more of a chance to gain experience he'd have been far more beneifical and less of a liability than those two. Each to their own though (tu)

Hence why I said 'albeit lacking the experience and somewhat unproven in the first team' in the previous post but no, it's a valid point you make and fair enough. I just feel if McMillan had been given more of a chance to gain experience he'd have been far more beneifical and less of a liability than those two. Each to their own though (tu)

(tu)

He did look promosing when played but for one reason or another did not break into the team for more than a game or 2.

Not really been watching his progress since leaving, if he moves on from the SPL to a better standard then I guess we missed the boat with him.

Ha see I disagree on Hutton. He's been dreadful since he left us, but he's been playing at a significantly better level. Ludicrous to say McCormack hasn't developed considering how many goals he's been knocking out in the championship. His improvement since leaving us and getting regular football has been remarkable. Think Burke has been very good too. Wilson will progress with time and I'd imagine the same could be said for Ness if he can stay fit and McCabe.

I'm sure there are a lot more players who have done well too but I can't think off the top of my head

Well hopefully there will be alot more produced in future