Xavi & Iniesta

Gillete

For years I've been trying to work out who's the better player

I think it's impossible and an unanswerable question

Each one a genius in tika tak

Each one the greatest of their generation and possibly the entirety of the game

Xavi is a really clever footballer. His positioning, control and passing are world class.

Iniesta is more flamboyant. His control is as good as Xavi's, but it's his ability to beat a man that makes him so good.

I'm a huge Iniesta fan, but I'm not sure who I'd say is better. :disappointment:

Xavi is a really clever footballer. His positioning, control and passing are world class.

Iniesta is more flamboyant. His control is as good as Xavi's, but it's his ability to beat a man that makes him so good.

I'm a huge Iniesta fan, but I'm not sure who I'd say is better. :disappointment:

Agree with that. However I think Iniesta could easily "reinvent" himself and play the Xavi role when he gets to the wrong side of 30 & he slows down a little bit.

When both are done I think Iniesta will be remembered as the better player because he is so much younger than Xavi is and is likely to win honours for atleast another four/five years before he starts the veteran wind down.

tough one. Xvai for me. What he does in a game is invaluable. Like Scholes or Pirlo on steriods. although Barca stle is very much an entire team system and needs al 11 men to be in sync, Xavi is the biggest cog in that wheel, that wheel that brings his team 65%+ possession.

Iniesta is more of an attacking player than xavi, he looks to penetrate defence, opens teams up, splits defences wide open. Creates more chances, dribbles better. One his game he is as effective as Messi imo (unless its a game against lesser teams where messi is walkign the ball into the net).