RSA Contact Stranraer & Clyde to see who never voted for us in the SFL

paisleyroad

Just seen this on Facebook, please remove if already posted!

IMPORTANT NEWS

The Rangers Supporters Assembly this week contacted Stranraer and Clyde FC to give them the opportunity to answer rumours that they were the club not to vote Rangers into the SFL. The response below is from Stranraer. We have yet to receive a response from Clyde FC.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good evening Ross,

Please see below a message from our vice chairman which I hope clarifies the position of Stranraer FC and will give you the information that you have requested to feeback to your members.

As a club we would be grateful to you to set the record straight on our behalf and that is most certainly that it was not Stranraer FC that voted to exclude The Rangers FC from admission to the SFL.

Our position was and remains that we would prefer to see an open election held in the event of any vacancy occurring to fill the available position and that should be at the lowest tier and that is how our statement, which mentioned no club by name was intended to be read.

Ideally we would have welcomed applicants from any interested party and that would have included Rangers. There is no doubt that in the summer of 2012, Rangers, with a 50,000 seater stadium, a dedicated training centre at Murray Park and a huge and loyal fan base would have presented the best case for election on that basis and we would have supported that bid.

As there was no election and a straightforward decision on whether to support the admission of Rangers into Division Three was all that was required essentially, our decision at board/committee level was clear and unanimous and we voted to support the admission of your club accordingly.

I trust that clarifies matters for you and thank you for your assistance in communicating this to your supporters, members and interested groups. Should you require any additonal information, we would be more than happy to provide it.

On a personal note, I well remember how I felt when my club stood on the brink of extinction in late 2008 and I fully understand the wide spectrum of conflicting emotions that Rangers supporters have experienced over the past 6 months or so. It is a situation that can't be covered by words alone and can't quite be understood until experienced first hand. I have no doubt that Rangers will rise back to their natural place in the top echelons of our game very quickly and will return there far stronger for this experience. I would like to wish your club, players, officals and most importantly, the supporters of Rangers all the very best for this season and beyond and hope that we get the opportunity to cross swords on the field of play once again in the near future.

Yours in Sport,

Shaun Niven

Committee Member

Stranraer FC

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 15:52:13 +0100

Dear Ross,

We have heard these rumours re our voting position and feel that they may have been started by others that perhaps had not the courage of their convictions or the bravado to declare their voting stance. As the board member representing Stranraer FC at said meeting I can tell you with complete and unquestionable certainty that the vote cast against admission of your club was not the vote taken by our club. We had and have no axe to grind with Glasgow Rangers FC, its board, players or supporters but felt that given the SPL had put SFL clubs in a position that was really nothing to do with them and as such the position of our club which never deviated from day one despite scaremongering and doomsday scenario threats was that GRFC join the SFL in Division Three and we would have additionaly added if called upon- with no further sanctions to the new owners. We would like to take this opportunity to wish your club well both on and off the field in the future.

I hope this clarifies our clubs position.

Iain Dougan

Vice Chairman

Stranraer FC

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good statements, can anyone tell me, did the club refuse away tickets for Clyde?

not sure mate but as soon as possible someone from the Supporters groups should make the statement and get it circulated . . . then we may get a reply from Clyde :rolleyes:

" have no doubt that Rangers will rise back to their natural place in the top echelons of our game very quickly and will return there far stronger for this experience. I would like to wish your club, players, officals and most importantly, the supporters of Rangers all the very best for this season and beyond and hope that we get the opportunity to cross swords on the field of play once again in the near future."

:praise:

you got a link to that mate? was this a while back?

It would not be for the good of the game to compound the problems of a club by refusing entry to the SFL for Rangers Football Club. We will therefore take that leap of faith and vote in favour of Resolution 1 despite not a single word of reasoning having been provided to support the Resolution.

http://www.clydefc.co.uk/statement3.html

I don't think we'll ever know. The club which done it will see what kind of support we're (still) taking to away games and wont want to lose out.

I'm under no doubts there will be whistle blowers though...and under no doubt WHEN we find out who it was, the club will regret their stance.

Honesty would be a good start though and admitting + telling us why wlod go a long ways. I might not speak for every bear out there but i'm looking forward to making new friends in our SFL journey, that is what our club is about now because of the SPL shambles.

Can we let this witch-hunt go at present? We have no idea if anyone actually voted against RFC entering the SFL. The only information given was that 29 clubs voted FOR us. No official source said one club voted against us. If Dundee were guaranteed promotion to the SPL then there were only 29 clubs left to vote, if Dundee abstained.

I don't think we'll ever know. The club which done it will see what kind of support we're (still) taking to away games and wont want to lose out.

I'm under no doubts there will be whistle blowers though...and under no doubt WHEN we find out who it was, the club will regret their stance.

Honesty would be a good start though and admitting + telling us why wlod go a long ways. I might not speak for every bear out there but i'm looking forward to making new friends in our SFL journey, that is what our club is about now because of the SPL shambles.

Could it not just have been Dundee that abstained given that they were to get promoted to the spl. That would be the most sensible answer, which is normally the correct one in my experience.

Could it not just have been Dundee that abstained given that they were to get promoted to the spl. That would be the most sensible answer, which is normally the correct one in my experience.

No one club did vote no to entry into the league.

No one club did vote no to entry into the league.

I have never seen anything official where it is said that one club voted against us. It seems to me that people just assumed one club must have voted no simply because 29 voted for us. There was talk of Dundee abstaining due to them gaining promotion at our expense.

I have never seen anything official where it is said that one club voted against us. It seems to me that people just assumed one club must have voted no simply because 29 voted for us. There was talk of Dundee abstaining due to them gaining promotion at our expense.

Could we just ask Dundee if they abstained?

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/news/sfl-vote-rangers-newco-division-three-130821931.html

Only thing I can find:

25 clubs of the 30 voted in favour of putting the Glasgow giants into the fourth tier of Scottish football, while only one club were against Rangers playing in the football league at all.

:rolleyes: