I don't know whether to blame Ally...

ScottBF2

This pish about McCoist needing time is wearing thin now , hes been in assistant and manager for 5 years now and has been dire from day one .

Lots on here knew he should never have got the job in the first place but got slaughtered every time it was mentioned.

He has showed time and again how clueless he is and 90% of his signings have been dire .

Green wanted him out from day one but decided against it because of the backlash from fans .

We all know how great a scorer / fan and diehard he is , but he is a joke as a manager ......

This is going to sound harsh and I really dont mean it to be, but the Administration issue saved Ally his job IMO. People over looked the fact we blew a big lead (results were terrible before we had administration on the players mind), he came out with some wonderful soundbites that became a rallying call for the fans and was a tower of strength and integrity whist shit was thrown at us from all different directions. I love the man, but the fact is he cant seem to motivate/kick arses when we are playing poorly. We have had some dark days in the last few months, but on the playing field, today was probably the nadir.

the jury is out on McCoist, but at the end of the day last season should rightfully be written off in terms of analysing him, and this season is 3 games in (Not counting the two cup matches in which we beat higher leagued opposition).

Why ??

There was problems well before the administration fiasco started.

Mccoist needs more time with this new batch of players. Watching the game our lads looked slow, sluggish and pretty shite. No other words to describe it. Can't say players need to gel and say thats the excuse. Everyone knows they need to gel, but the kind of calibre players we've signed should be professional and equiped enough with the skills to beat this team berwick rangers. We had chances but our strikers are shite. Little I leave out, he at least tried and got a goal. Sandaza looked all over the place, had chances but didn't finish. He looked slow as fuck and kevin kyle is worse. Thank fuck he's only one a one year contract. I know he's unfit but come on he's been awful. I dont think kyle has the passion to be a success for rangers he only cares for the pay check. Like he said he was releaved to play for rangers not excited or happy. I've already stated we need at least two wingers left and right, a creative midfielder and a pacy striker. We're to slow for what we are we're the best football club in the world and that's the preformance we give? Hope ally gets some players in quick to sort this out. WatpI

This is going to sound harsh and I really dont mean it to be, but the Administration issue saved Ally his job IMO. People over looked the fact we blew a big lead (results were terrible before we had administration on the players mind), he came out with some wonderful soundbites that became a rallying call for the fans and was a tower of strength and integrity whist shit was thrown at us from all different directions. I love the man, but the fact is he cant seem to motivate/kick arses when we are playing poorly. We have had some dark days in the last few months, but on the playing field, today was probably the nadir.

Results weren't that awful in the league. European and in both the cups you're entirely right was a mess but the domestic league campaign before administration was alright.

We'd dropped 17 points in 25 games in the 2011/2012 season before administration. In the opening 25 games of the 2010/2011 season we'd dropped 16 points in 25 games. In 2009 / 2010 we'd dropped 17 points in 25 games. In 2008/2009 we'd dropped 21 points after 25 games and in 2007/2008 we'd dropped 13 points in 25 games.

So Ally's record in the SPL at least certainly wasn't bad before administration hit and things went to shit (tu)

Ally has until Friday night to strengthen or this is our squad until our next window in January 2014.We need everyone from top to bottom to remember that on matchday,we are Rangers,no more,no less. Get a grip lads.

It's obviously difficult to factor into the equation teams raising their game, but we should be beating Berwick Rangers, Peterhead, etc, away from home.

I think when we're at Ibrox, the crowed lifts the players and we are ourselfs. Away from home at these teams we just can't do it. It's like playing in the champions league mid week, then up in Inverness on the weekend. Couple that with it being like a cup final for the home team.

We have a perfect opportunity at this moment in time to build a blueprint for the way we want to see our team perform into the future, I'm not talking about the next 2/3/4yrs but for the next decade and beyond.

Ally and staff really have no excuses if the present performances persist, we have a training facility a lot of premiership clubs would envy, if the long ball persists then we have to blame the management.

If full time professionals cannot keep the ball on the deck then get them back into the training ground until they can, or would that interfere with their extra curricular activities?, if they still cannot inprove then drop them for someone who can.

Another way to stop the useless punt is to fine the culprits if they persist, sometimes hitting them in the pocket is the only language they understand.

Ally has showed on some occasions that we are capable of playing it on the deck, especially at Ibrox, although the excuse that Ibrox has a better playing surface is I feel that an excuse we should be able to play football on the deck anywhere especially at this time of the year [god what's it going to be like in the middle of winter].

I just feel that we are going to waste this opportunity that we have been given to produce a style of play that can take us above the rest when our time comes to return to the top flight.

I think when we're at Ibrox, the crowed lifts the players and we are ourselfs. Away from home at these teams we just can't do it. It's like playing in the champions league mid week, then up in Inverness on the weekend. Couple that with it being like a cup final for the home team.

I'm sorry but again I find this an excuse that the management can hide behind.

Long balls aren't necessarily a bad thing, provided they're used wisely. Long balls down the wings for someone to run onto, cross field balls to switch play etc. But today was straight down the middle, aimless hoofs, which were bread and butter to the Berwick centre backs. I have to admit, I didn't pay much attention to Sandaza when he was at Dundee Utd and St Johnstone, but my initial reaction now is poor signing.

Motivation is clearly the problem, I'm convinced it'll come though.

I posted about motivation earlier but I have to say it was a toss up between saying lack of motivation or an arrogance about some of the players that makes it seem motivational.