Ally has his say!

54andcounting

Most of the threads I have seen mention most of what Ally is concerned about!

ALLY MCCOIST says his side's display in the 1-1 draw with Berwick was as poor as he can remember from a Rangers side.

The furious Light Blues boss admits the performances was unacceptable and couldn't give passmarks to anybody in his side.

Speaking to RangersTV after the game he said: "I'm angry, I'm disappointed and I'm frustrated because that's miles, miles short of what's acceptable.

"I won't accept it because that's as poor a performance as I've ever seen.

"I can't say where it comes from, I wish I could because I'd make sure it didn't happen again.

"We didn't pass the ball quickly enough, we didn't seem to have any confidence in the team at all.

"It was everything, absolutely everything and as you can tell I'm really angry."

McCoist is eager to address the issues and after speaking to his players he admits he'll watch the game again and put his squad through the same.

He added: "I'll watch the game again but there were numerous problems. Passing wasn't crisp enough and we weren't getting anything down the sides from either flank.

"We did not look comfortable with the ball and that is obviously a massive concern.

"Late it on it could have been worse, there's no doubt. We could have nicked it 2-1 with chances for Fran and Lee.

"As time was going on Berwick looked a little more likely to score and might have been unlucky to see one chalked off."

Give him time, he will sort it, he has not let us down yet, I don't expect him to start now!!!

He may not like it, but he's not doing much to better the situation. What is differen't between this statement and the one from Peterhead?

I really hope he does get it right, i really do...but i've heard this before unfortunatley.

Sounds pissed off and rightly so.

None of our players deserve to be paid this week after that shite that was served up, 3rd division or no it's a privalage to play for The Rangers so give your all for the shirt or get to fuck out my club.

"I can't say where it comes from, I wish I could" This is a worry for me.

God help him having to sit through that again. I would make the players do it too, all together and go through each and every poor passage of play and misplaced pass. They will be there a while but they need to know just how bad that was.

Its asskicking time for the players and rightly so, but playing young guys like Perry out of position isnt going to help anyone Ally. I wonder if some of the players hearts are in this at the moment, Sandaza was as bad a striker as ive ever seen and would of looked poor in a pub game, something needs to give because our amazing support deserves at least 100% commitment from players and that was not there today.

Hopefully we see the improvement he wants next week.

Well we are at home and you will, because Ally will get black to push forward and mcculloch also...................the away tactics seem to be sit and hit a long ball, and kyle should not be on the bench at all, until he hits this weight target he has been set............double training for him as he is a total disaster.

The players just aren't good enough to play quick slick passing football. Although they are better than the shite they have been producing.

The manager is ultimately responsible, someone posted earlier on this thread, give him time he hasnt ever let us down (paraphrasing). Off the park that is true, on the park? Jury is out and he should be under pressure now.

I would love it if ally told them play like that again and yer no getting paid for a week.

This might be the only way to give them a kick up the arse?

Nothing else seems to be doing it.

Talking about ally here as the manager nothing else.................what was he doing tactics wise during the game to change things?

"I can't say where it comes from, I wish I could" This is a worry for me.

God help him having to sit through that again. I would make the players do it too, all together and go through each and every poor passage of play and misplaced pass. They will be there a while but they need to know just how bad that was.

If Ally does that, Ross Perry might just be topping himself tonight. No way Ally should make poor Ross sit and watch just about every songle touch he took and tell him that that pass,tackle,move was shite. The reason he was poor is because he's a) just back from injury and b) HE IS A CENTRE BACK.

Managers are paid to manage. He know this and he knows he has to deliver. Analysis is fine but the managerial skill is translating i into vastly improved performances. Easy to say - harder to do. Maybe taking the team out of the comfortable training ground once or twice a week and into a narrow bumpy pitch somewhere to play scratch games against amateur sides or non-SFL sides might help them tune into what they need to do away from home.

He's the manager, he has the opportunity to change things, he puts the team on the park and ultimately the buck stops with him.

This fascination, some might say addiction that we have to playing players out of position has to stop.

i agree.

the universal opinion is the long bullshit is utterly deplorable.

now either the players are blatantly defying the manager by playing the long ball time and time again, or Ally is instructing them to go route 1.

I think maybe the penny is droppign with him though that this isn't they way to approach games. Shoving McCulloch up top and bringin on Kyle should very much be plan B or C.

Most of the threads I have seen mention most of what Ally is concerned about!

ALLY MCCOIST says his side's display in the 1-1 draw with Berwick was as poor as he can remember from a Rangers side.

The furious Light Blues boss admits the performances was unacceptable and couldn't give passmarks to anybody in his side.

Speaking to RangersTV after the game he said: "I'm angry, I'm disappointed and I'm frustrated because that's miles, miles short of what's acceptable.

"I won't accept it because that's as poor a performance as I've ever seen.

"I can't say where it comes from, I wish I could because I'd make sure it didn't happen again.

"We didn't pass the ball quickly enough, we didn't seem to have any confidence in the team at all.

"It was everything, absolutely everything and as you can tell I'm really angry."

McCoist is eager to address the issues and after speaking to his players he admits he'll watch the game again and put his squad through the same.

He added: "I'll watch the game again but there were numerous problems. Passing wasn't crisp enough and we weren't getting anything down the sides from either flank.

"We did not look comfortable with the ball and that is obviously a massive concern.

"Late it on it could have been worse, there's no doubt. We could have nicked it 2-1 with chances for Fran and Lee.

"As time was going on Berwick looked a little more likely to score and might have been unlucky to see one chalked off."

Give him time, he will sort it, he has not let us down yet, I don't expect him to start now!!!

Said it last year and my thoughts have not changed , Great Ranger love him , but Ally and his staff are not good enough , however after what has gone on I think we look at it at the seasons end .

If Ally does that, Ross Perry might just be topping himself tonight. No way Ally should make poor Ross sit and watch just about every songle touch he took and tell him that that pass,tackle,move was shite. The reason he was poor is because he's a) just back from injury and b) HE IS A CENTRE BACK.

I don't think just being back from injury or being out of position is an excuse for not being able to pass a ball 5 yards to a guy with the same colour shirt on. :)(tu)

Well we are at home and you will, because Ally will get black to push forward and mcculloch also...................the away tactics seem to be sit and hit a long ball, and kyle should not be on the bench at all, until he hits this weight target he has been set............double training for him as he is a total disaster.

Bringing on an overweight player to change the game is not the answer.