Players Are Embarrassed

Gary-Rangers1

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/1863-players-are-embarrassed

IAN BLACK says the Rangers players are embarrassed by their performance in today's draw with Berwick.

The midfielder says the squad will take on board the messages from an angry Ally McCoist and improve quickly.

He said: "Speaking on behalf of all the boys I think we're all actually embarrassed.

"I think we know ourselves that was up there with the worst games of football any of us have played in.

"Every one of us needs to think hard and to take a look at ourselves and pick it up for next week.

"We're not doing the hard bit first. We've just expected to turn up and win and we know that's not the case, but I think everyone today thought that.

"We need to roll up our sleeves and get our finger out and go and win games.

"The manager had a few words to us and we have to take that and deal with it and get on with it.

"He only wants what's best for the club and he's quite right to have a go at every one of us today.

"We need to pick it up, make him happy, the fans happy and go and win games."

Black was also disappointed by an early challenge on him that saw the referee brandish only a yellow card.

He felt the decision was a lenient one and revealed the Berwick coaching staff were in agreement.

He added: "I was very unhappy and what makes it worse is that their coach just spoke to me and said it was a straight red as well.

"I think the referee will take a look at it and admit that he was wrong.

"I managed to get up but I can imagine if that was me I would probably have been walking up the tunnel

Aint rocket science Ian.

:lol:

You're right (tu)

Black was one of the better ones to be fair to him, but still a long way off what was expected. I think his statement is pretty sincere. It hurts us but it'll hurt them as pro's. ... But fuck me!!! :lol: Pass and Move boys!!!!

Lets see how they react next week (tu)

They should be more than embarrassed. There is so much at stake here. If Rangers fail to get promoted this year, it will be a million times more difficult to get players to sign. Many players only signed this year, as they see a spot on a future Rangers spl team, a mere three years away.

More and more results like this could spell a very bleak future.

If the players, as well as Ally don't look in the crystal ball to see how dangerous it would be to remain in the diddly league another season, well.....

And, if this is the struggle the team has in div 3... I fear to think about the uphill climb in div 2 and 1.

Everyone has a right to be panic merchants at the moment.

They should be more than embarrassed. There is so much at stake here. If Rangers fail to get promoted this year, it will be a million times more difficult to get players to sign. Many players only signed this year, as they see a spot on a future Rangers spl team, a mere three years away.

More and more results like this could spell a very bleak future.

If the players, as well as Ally don't look in the crystal ball to see how dangerous it would be to remain in the diddly league another season, well.....

And, if this is the struggle the team has in div 3... I fear to think about the uphill climb in div 2 and 1.

Everyone has a right to be panic merchants at the moment.

Steady on!!! :cgreen:

On the optimistic side it sounds to me like the players are saying 'message received and understood loud and clear'. That's great if that is the case. So now its down to the answers to be provided on the pitch. Not just at the next game, nor just at Ibrox but for the rest of the season and in every competition.

Imposing their authority, skill, pace, sheer hunger and determination to put Rangers back at the very top should be burning in their minds when they play for Rangers and on an each game basis. I'd also add ruthlessness - the kind that puts away the goal scoring chances and the kind that stamps a defensive authority on games to concede no goals whatsoever on pain of a right severe bollocking from the captain and manager. That also means the kind of leadership that can impose that spirit on a team too. Play with Rangers pride boys. Fans are proud of those who have stayed and those who have joined - you are making history and are legends in the making. Just play with pride.

Should be embarassed fucksake. The way they played people would have thought we'd been in division 3 for years. The defense was shaky, fuck all in midfield apart from black who was getting chopped by every cunt, wee mackay was decent had pace did something. The front line was a joke, sandaza needs slapped for the amount of chances he had. Not only that, whenever he's chasing the ball he doesn't seem to really go for it, little on the other hand was trying and got a goal. Little, alexander to some degree black mackay and the new greek guy did something the rest utter shite. Even jig although he was in midfield but he hardly linked up with anyone. Like I've stated before we looked sluggish and slow. The berwick players looked fitter for some reason and wanting it. Ally needs to get this sorted and bring in 2 wingers for both flanks another fucking striker with pace and has a decent shot and dribbling skills. We need a creative midfielder who can pick and make a pass and can make an attack out of nothing. A midfielder who has the creative thinking we're looking for, something different cause lets face it. Our players all look to predicable and one directional. No too sure about the defense the day. Some of the younger berwick players had a go at our cbs and got through. Now for experinced cbs they shouldn't be letting that kind of pish to get near our goal considering there experience cribari and bocanegra. May need another defender as well! Heard sabastian faure isn't that quick either and he's young :@ I think I need to sit down again after another rant. Cheers bears.

Also kyle looks utter pish everytime I watch him. He'sa presence aye but he's fucking to slow and can't do fuck all. Thank fuck he's only got a one year deal and no 3 years. Still a waste of wages. He's out of shape I can understand but fucksake he shouldn't be playing if he's out of shape. Im confident super will turn it around with a few signing and making the players work hard on the training ground to correct on how we play. Hope ally gives them murder on the training ground only way they will learn and benefit and the club itself.

Next 3 seasons only 3 jobs promotion every year whatever it takes good bad or ugly I don't care we should all realise this isn't going to be easy away from home tight parks games on the tv other teams players highlight of careers playing against us.on top of all that we have a team some that will be going and the rest don't even know how each other play and if any1 on here thinks but there on x amount a week they should be able to adjust bullshit they need time ally needs time we all need to think what's has happened to our club from top to bottom big changes need time to settle so let's just relax get a beer out the fridge and think it could be worse I could be a tarrier WATP

I will support them all the way, but they really really need to get to grips with these away days Brechin was woeful, Peterhead a slog but Berwick was a fucking shambles.

Must do better next Falkirk and Elgin I will be looking for vast improvements .

Nothing less than Two victorys and we really need to start matching them physically.

Next 3 seasons only 3 jobs promotion every year whatever it takes good bad or ugly I don't care we should all realise this isn't going to be easy away from home tight parks games on the tv other teams players highlight of careers playing against us.on top of all that we have a team some that will be going and the rest don't even know how each other play and if any1 on here thinks but there on x amount a week they should be able to adjust bullshit they need time ally needs time we all need to think what's has happened to our club from top to bottom big changes need time to settle so let's just relax get a beer out the fridge and think it could be worse I could be a tarrier WATP

i disagree - if we dont use this opportunity to learn to play football (seriously, i'm saying we have to fucking learn this), then this has been a waste. if we played even half-decently, we should hammer these teams. we are full-time, they are not. we have training facilities they can only dream of. how can people seriously think its acceptable to talk about these other teams as if they have the same capacity as us?!? its startling

I really hope this is the turning point of our season (can't believe I'm saying that after 4 games). The players are embarrassed? Good, now SHOW us what you are doing about it. One thing that winds me up above all else is players talking a good game and never putting the effort to back it up, Lafferty was a master at shooting his mouth off and not following up with a performance, I don't want this lot following suit.

The new additions need to gel quickly and everyone needs to realise this league ain't a walkover and effort is required. Our class should tell in the end but proper application is required - Sandaza was a disgrace today. Looked fucking lazy couldn't be bothered. Alexander punted the ball EVERY time he had it. Sorry but we've got a Brazilian defender with extensive Italian experience. Play it from the back and use the wide players! If it's so obvious to all the fans why can't the players and coaches see it!

Ally is still the man to take us forward but he needs to kick some arses.