Anestis Argiriou - your thoughts?

WilliamFyfe

Out of position. Not fully match sharp. But he looked good enough. He cut in a lot on his right doing their right back. So at RB I think he'll be a good out ball. Which we need more of. Should let him settle this season though. It's not easy to move country into a new league at any level. Good Luck

Whatever you think of Broadfoot, he has a willingness to get down the flank that was missed today (great cross for last week's winner, yes?)

Argiriou & Perry hardly overlapped once between them today, hence the turgid sideways shuffling of the ball or straight/diagonal lump up the park.

Whether people have gelled or not, I would expect at least a couple of players in our squad to be able to run past a man or two & give a pass or cross at the end.

personally thought he looked solid today, playing just 24 hours after signing and playing out of position isn't easy and he came through well, think he will do even better when played in position, hopefully RB so we dont have to watch broadfoot

Ross Perry isn't a full back and playing him at left back would've been even worse.

OK mabad but my point was whoever played at left back was out of position! 1 player in defence out of position rather than 2!!!

The Rangers boss revealed he may still be without Lee Wallace, Dean Shiels and Kirk Broadfoot in forthcoming games and is keen to add bodies to his group.

He said: "I've never said I was happy with my squad, far from it. We need numbers in and that's not just down to the poor performance today.

"We need players and I've said all along and we need to get them this week.

"Lee's struggling. His injury is taking a little longer than we'd hoped. Dean trained yesterday but wasn't quite fit enough to travel with the team.

"I don't know if they'll be ready for us on Thursday, and they are two bigger players for us but regardless of personnel, any Rangers team should be playing better than that.

"Kirk has a hamstring strain, which he's had since the Falkirk game so he was struggling with that too."

A similar problem meant Carlos Bocanegra was a doubt ahead of the game and that forced McCoist to include Greek debutant Antelis Argyriou on the unfamiliar left flank.

He added: "I thought he did well because we were unfair to him really to put him straight at left back because of personnel when he's a right sided player.

"The only thing we could have done was play Bocanegra at left back but he's had a hamstring problem too and we felt it was safer if he was more central with less strain on that.

"I thought he did well and he'll come on well and play better if and when we can get him on to the right hand side."

A young and promising centre half dumped into an unfamiliar role at right back and a right back debutant stuck in at left back. Only at rangers.

A couple of posts above you is an explanation from McCoist why he set out as he did.

But you wade in nevertheless :lol: