Rangers v Falkirk attendance is looking much better.....

govanblue

Well that doesn't bode well for the winter in this country then does it?

The response to our great crowds so far is that the novelty and defiance will wear off and attendances will drop greatly getting into the cold months etc.

Will be bitterly disappointing if this is proven correct.

Don’t know what you were expecting mate.

It was never going to be the case we get that East Fife attendance all through the season, as much as we would love it to happen it’s just not realistic imo. The last few years we have had poor attendances in cup games at Ibrox especially midweek games, I didn’t expect this trend to stop.

Anything upward of 25k is still going to be one of the highest around; I expect the game at the weekend to be much healthier.

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The response to our great crowds so far is that the novelty and defiance will wear off and attendances will drop greatly getting into the cold months etc.

League games are different though. There's already about 35k tickets sold for those games, and people are more likely to turn up if they've already paid for their seat.

when everything has calmed down, I'd expect crowds at league games of about 35-40,000.

Don’t know what you were expecting mate.

It was never going to be the case we get that East Fife attendance all through the season, as much as we would love it to happen it’s just not realistic imo. The last few years we have had poor attendances in cup games at Ibrox especially midweek games, I didn’t expect this trend to stop.

Anything upward of 25k is still going to be one of the highest around; I expect the game at the weekend to be much healthier.

Circumstances are different than ever before, any money for the club is so crucial.

Then again if league games remain high then I won't complain too much, my concern is crowds having a big drop overall.

Theres 30,000 plus ST holders. They wont all give it a miss because of some rain.

almost 40,000 a week in Div 3 would be an astounding number imo, snow, rain or shine.

Circumstances are different than ever before, any money for the club is so crucial.

Then again if league games remain high then I won't complain too much, my concern is crowds having a big drop overall.

Through the years I have seen crowds vary at Ibrox, I hope the interest continues but from past expierences the crowd numbers have at times been poor.

With season ticket sales I think we will be fine this season, it's pretty healthy.

Prices vary by stand. £13 for Broomloan, £15-£16 for other places I believe.

It's £13 for season ticket holders.

"Season ticket holders are no longer guaranteed their seat - adults £13, conc £8 and kids £3".

"Tickets on sale now! Adults £15, conc £10 and kids £5".

It's £13 for season ticket holders.

"Season ticket holders are no longer guaranteed their seat - adults £13, conc £8 and kids £3".

"Tickets on sale now! Adults £15, conc £10 and kids £5".

Really? £13 on my ticket :matron:

Maybe I bought them too soon after the stadium plan went back up and still under the ST price brackets!

The whole hysteria over that attendance at our first home game a felt was over the top due to the fact that a knew games like this the attendance will be very poor.

just back from ibrox got 4 tickets no problem ge2, lassie in ticket office reckens 20k so far on sale to ko

Going to game tomoz with my first ever new shiny season ticket smartcard. I will have to try it early dont want to be shut out if there is a problem.

I can't wait for the game. Its raining and thundering just now here, hope its not raining tomoz, if it is ah well just get wet, still can't dampen my excitment. :uk: :uk:

I don't often write on these threads just like reading through!! However i have a bit of a problem cant get to the game tomorrow as the bus is not going!! Anyone around the glenrothes area going and has a spare seat?!?! Or anyone willing to take my season ticket off my hands for the game ?!

I don't often write on these threads just like reading through!! However i have a bit of a problem cant get to the game tomorrow as the bus is not going!! Anyone around the glenrothes area going and has a spare seat?!?! Or anyone willing to take my season ticket off my hands for the game ?!

I'd start a new thread with that question if I were you. This is an old thread, and most people are bored with it.

I can't help you as I'm nowhere near Glenrothes :(

I've got my ticket and am looking forward to the game. I'm hoping for a very large Rangers turnout mostly because I want the team to be as well supported on the night as possible and to show that Rangers fans are steadfast and ready right alongside the players, manager and Directors in what is still a period where Rangers are reviled by the football authorities and many clubs.

I can't remember what the money split betwen the clubs is for games like this but no matter - it's still much needed revenue for Rangers so I'm ok about that. If it is possible for you to go then go and make it a great atmosphere for the Rangers team for the whole game. It's a long slog to get back to the very top and we are going to need to turn out in very good numbers at each game to do our bit to get the team back to the top. Hope you enjoy the game.

Tell the truth pal. You need two spare seats fer your frame.

Lol

See ye Sunday.

We are the loyal. Kinglassie loyal ......