Broadfoot "agrees in principle" to be released

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Serious question..

Do we have a talented young right back?

I know Cole came in a few years back in a CL game and done us proud but he has not been seen ever since really and you would think after being given that kind of exposure he would have been used more.

indeed you would think that. however, i believe the following week, we were able to shoe-horn in another CH to that position, so he was dropped. the fact is, whether we like it or not, Walter rarely liked to play young players. there were times he was forced into playing them, and i'm not sure i can remember a time he was let down. didnt change the fact he was not going to play the guy the following week though. hopefully Ally will give him his chance though.

as ana side, I think the transfer ban is a blessing for us, because it will force us to use youth whether we want to or not (when injuries/suspensions kick in), and i really think we have enough in this squad to win the next two seasons.

To think Broadfoot was on anything from £6k-£10k a week is nothing short of absurd when you think what we actually get in return.

If dropping to the third actually makes us have a reality check in terms of what we pay players then it can only be a good thing.

No offence to the player, his agent done well to get him it. I just think he is rank rotten but I wish him well whereever he goes as he is a fellow bear.

• 2 weeks later...

Charles Paterson ‏@charlesp_sky

#SSN learns Rangers defender Kirk Broadfoot has agreed in principle to be released from the club

I also agree in principle that Kirk should be released from the club.

Mine is a footballing principle. :uk:

Good luck Kirk, you may need it.

:lol: :lol: :lol: