tactically inept?

superally355

113 members have voted

1. 1. is ally tactically inept?

• yes
    • no

:

what planet are you on? how did i make it personal lol and what is you point? that im totally wrong and last season wasnt one of our worst ever

Not in a footballing sense, it was nowhere near our worst ever.

Admin aside, Ally let the league slip but whether that was down to him or circumstances we don't know.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck me this thread is exciting ---are you two married or something :h34rt: :h34rt:

IMO these polls only provoke arguments at this stage of campaign ----lets see what it's like at the end of the season

as a wee aside ----has anyone actually looked at the results of the poll so far ---the op is getting it big style from folk on here but obviously there are a fair few who actually agree in princile with him ---- i myself refuse to vote on this ---ffs give Ally the respect he deserves for now

I do not think we can give the poll too much credit as we cannot see who voted for what.As sad as it is there are quite a few Celtic fans who pretend to be Rangers fans on this forum.Just my own personal opinion but those who feel Ally is tactically inept are likely glory hunters,Celtic fans or fans that are not very patient.I also believe if Ally McCoist felt he was not getting it done he would put the good of Rangers ahead of his own and walk.

So far this season we've used 4 formations in the space of 5 games. 4-3-3, 3-4-3, 3-5-2, 4-4-2. We constantly hit high balls and play guys out of position. We got LBs at CB, CBs at RB, RBs at LB, ST at RW. Last season we had Bartley at CM and RB, we also had Papac all over the fucking place including CM. The warning signs are there, and have been there for some time.

So far this season we've used 4 formations in the space of 5 games. 4-3-3, 3-4-3, 3-5-2, 4-4-2. We constantly hit high balls and play guys out of position. We got LBs at CB, CBs at RB, RBs at LB, ST at RW. Last season we had Bartley at CM and RB, we also had Papac all over the fucking place including CM. The warning signs are there, and have been there for some time.

Not at all.

Everything's rosy and we've been playing fantastically...or so you'd think going by some comments I read yesterday.

I have no idea what Ally's preferred formation is. Other than route-one football, what is ALly's tactics? Signing Kyle when we already have McCulloch at the club concerns me. McCulloch is a better option up front than Kyle. McCulloch has more mobility, intelligence, he's a better goal-scorer and he offers every bit as much of the physical presence that Kyle does. Black and McCulloch in midfield together I don't think will work because they're too alike. Edu and McCulloch didn't work either. Next to a ball winner we need a playmaker and right now we don't have one. Little is the best striker we have because he'll bust a gut running those channels, making space for others, and he still finds time to score goals himself. Did we really need to spend so much money on Kyle and Sandaza when Berwick have a striker who scored 20+ goals for them last season? The defense at against Berwick was a complete joke. Rather than play Bocanegra at left-back, Cribari and Perry at Centre-back, and the new guy at right-back (which is his preferred position) it was a mess! Yet again, high balls come raining down on the front man who is expected to do everything himself we pulled this same stunt with Jelavic. The team is just a fucking mess.

No one has issue with questioning tactics and bears should realise the difference from concerned supporters and those who seem to have a knack of coming on a decent website and doing thr damndest to do as much damage to any credibility someone like ally has. Even I know things need to change for improvement sake but say things with your real concerns not with a real concerted effort to be a smart arse on a forum where you have no right to be in the first place.

No one has issue with questioning tactics and bears should realise the difference from concerned supporters and those who seem to have a knack of coming on a decent website and doing thr damndest to do as much damage to any credibility someone like ally has. Even I know things need to change for improvement sake but say things with your real concerns not with a real concerted effort to be a smart arse on a forum where you have no right to be in the first place.

This is it.

Some are too naive to things and think Ally is untouchable but most are fully aware of the problems. There's a difference between being concerned and acting the utter smart arse/having ulterior motives.

It's not dissimilar to the Green situation. Smart arses who 'know' Green us no good and tell us all that we are 'burying our heads in the sand,' as if fans are just blindly accepting him.

There's room to be concerned about our away showings but to not think that Ally is already proven to be an awful manager.

As for the tactics, there's something to be said for simplicity. Back to basics. 4-4-2. Players playing natural positions. Even if that means not starting all the senior players and perhaps playing younger lads who naturally play a role, rather than pulling in a player to play a position he isn't comfortable with

This is it.

Some are too naive to things and think Ally is untouchable but most are fully aware of the problems. There's a difference between being concerned and acting the utter smart arse/having ulterior motives.

It's not dissimilar to the Green situation. Smart arses who 'know' Green us no good and tell us all that we are 'burying our heads in the sand,' as if fans are just blindly accepting him.

There's room to be concerned about our away showings but to not think that Ally is already proven to be an awful manager.

As for the tactics, there's something to be said for simplicity. Back to basics. 4-4-2. Players playing natural positions. Even if that means not starting all the senior players and perhaps playing younger lads who naturally play a role, rather than pulling in a player to play a position he isn't comfortable with

I wont say he's an awfull manager till he's afforded some time this season.

Being the optimist that I am, I choose to believe at the moment that Ally is playing the % game with long balls and hoping to stay on top until he gets a settled side and he knows which players he's going to be left with come the start of the embargo.

Once the window shuts and we know who we have, I expect to see some progression on the park.

Surely Ally's goal at the moment has to be 'don't lose'?

Being the optimist that I am, I choose to believe at the moment that Ally is playing the % game with long balls and hoping to stay on top until he gets a settled side and he knows which players he's going to be left with come the start of the embargo.

Once the window shuts and we know who we have, I expect to see some progression on the park.

Surely Ally's goal at the moment has to be 'don't lose'?

Ha surely not? Not entirely sure whether this is sarcasm?

I'm no cunt who thinks we should be beating teams 10-0 but if Ally's goal is truly 'not to lose' then he should be walking right now.

I'm very concerned by our tactics, attitudes, performances, and signing policy.

Ultimately the buck on all 4 has to stop with the manager, even if there are mitigating factors that mean all 4 aren't necessarily Ally's fault.

I'm not calling for Allys head, but there is now enough valid reason to ask questions, and it's up to him to prove the doubters wrong (and I'd love nothing more)

What's your issue with the signing policy?

Can we give Ally a bit more time. It was always going to be hard to adjust to Division 3. Also we are the cup final game for every team. If we are not top of the league by end of September, then lets start asking questions. And if we are not promoted by the end of the year, he'll have to go. But lets waits a wee while.