Bears down south

Bear78

Just wondering how other bears down here have found English people to be with regards to their thoughts on what has happened to Rangers?

I've not been down here that long and live in Manchester but I find most utd fans to be too ignorant towards other teams to be worth talking to about football as you would need to spend an hour on their team for 10 minutes back. City fans are becoming as bad. Most think it's terrible what's happened without really knowing much about the situation.

I was talking to a Liverpool fan earlier though and he was going on about our treatment being a disgrace and all about jelousy. I looked the guy up and down because it was like talking to a Rangers fan and I had not even said anything

at that point. He started going on about our former players, recent crowds, and how he thought we were too good for up here. Was music to me

Cheered me right up as most people down here don't really know how big a club we are never mind what's been going on. Despite our wee trip down a few years ago :uk:

Was only talking to him for about 10 minutes so never even asked him about his team, lol

I'm thinking bears who have been down here longer will know more true football people with real opinions on Rangers instead of these glory hunters who only know about one team :pipe:

Also wanting to know if any Rangers fans in this neck of the woods are interested in a petrol share so I can get to more games? My motor of course :lol:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering how other bears down here have found English people to be with regards to their thoughts on what has happened to Rangers?

I've not been down here that long and live in Manchester but I find most utd fans to be too ignorant towards other teams to be worth talking to about football as you would need to spend an hour on their team for 10 minutes back. City fans are becoming as bad. Most think it's terrible what's happened without really knowing much about the situation.

I was talking to a Liverpool fan earlier though and he was going on about our treatment being a disgrace and all about jelousy. I looked the guy up and down because it was like talking to a Rangers fan and I had not even said anything

at that point. He started going on about our former players, recent crowds, and how he thought we were too good for up here. Was music to me

Cheered me right up as most people down here don't really know how big a club we are never mind what's been going on. Despite our wee trip down a few years ago :uk:

Was only talking to him for about 10 minutes so never even asked him about his team, lol

I'm thinking bears who have been down here longer will know more true football people with real opinions on Rangers instead of these glory hunters who only know about one team :pipe:

Also wanting to know if any Rangers fans in this neck of the woods are interested in a petrol share so I can get to more games? My motor of course :lol:

Being a Born Bear in England I can honestly say most of them don't give a fuck. Growing up being confused with a QPR fan was not fun. But in my experiences they know of us Coz We Are Scotland Champions, but they don't take us seriously Coz We Are SCOTLAND champions.

EDIT: That might just be people I know. I'm not slating all Englishman. I mean I'm fucking half one :uk:

The majority I know have been cunts with the "haha division 3" etc but I know a few who realise the corruption in the SFA and can't believe it's happened to us.

Also one of my Maths teachers, a tim, said its a disgrace that it's gone this far (when announced we were being demoted).

Overall I'd say about 90% ignorant, 10% understanding and respectful

Aye, but I bet knowing you're a Bear he gave you an F :P

Welcome to Manchester! Most people I know don't really know the ins and outs of how the SFA and other clubs have gone about this whole situation but just can't believe Rangers have actually ended up in Div 3. I think in general people wish to see us get back up to the top although most people don't really have too much of an interest in Scottish football as a whole.

The majority I know have been cunts with the "haha division 3" etc but I know a few who realise the corruption in the SFA and can't believe it's happened to us.

Also one of my Maths teachers, a tim, said its a disgrace that it's gone this far (when announced we were being demoted).

Overall I'd say about 90% ignorant, 10% understanding and respectful

Got to agree, those figures are probably what I have found. But all suddenly interested after Jelo went to everton and did well. I told them he was just a squad player :beer1:

Not had any of that but good to know that Liverpool fan today is not the only one with some knowledge of our football club

I have lived in England for a while now (Southport)and have worked all over England

I would say your casual sky watching fan couldn't care less.

but the English guys in my local who actually go to the games mostly Liverpool, Everton and Man U fans do know what is going on and think it's disgusting.

In fact the majority hate the tims even the Man U ones it's a myth spread by the Tims that all teams in England are their friends.

sick of reading shite on forums by fellow Bears who's whole experience of England is a weekend in Blackpool.

Welcome to Manchester! Most people I know don't really know the ins and outs of how the SFA and other clubs have gone about this whole situation but just can't believe Rangers have actually ended up in Div 3. I think in general people wish to see us get back up to the top although most people don't really have too much of an interest in Scottish football as a whole.

True m8 and cheers, do you know of any Rangers pubs, tried the Hope in Stockport but it was no longer a bears den?

As above, most dont give a flying fuck about Scottish football, there are a few around that take a genuine interest but not many, when we are playing awful its a bit of a bonus that few observe our dismal form atm.

know what you mean, lol Shame wee Advocaat's team never got an english team

Mostly sympathetic & very interested in how it's all happened.

Even the Taig inclined have been, shall we say 'sensible' about things & seem aware of the probable damage in the bigger picture.

Was working with a guy last week who's not a football fan, but keeps up to date with our situation via Private Eye!

Seemed pretty well informed, at that!

Worked with another before that who simply couldn't believe how any Scum fan can derive any interest now they've taken the other horse out of the 2 horse race.

I live in West Yorkshire, where the majority of people I work and mix with are Leeds fana. On the whole most of them are sympathetic and knowledgable about what happened to us because they went through it themselves a few years ago.

Most of them have a lot of respect for Rangers, partly because of the European games between us

True m8 and cheers, do you know of any Rangers pubs, tried the Hope in Stockport but it was no longer a bears den?

Yeah they drink in the Wheatsheaf now, still in Stockport. I sometimes get a lift up with a few of the guys who go there. There's another one in Salford called The Palatine Inn apparently although I've never been in it. Where abouts in Manchester you based?

All the guys in my work are really sympathetic and are really interested in the story, they never have a bad word to say about Rangers, wonder if its because I am the boss :cgreen:

lucky Bassa, this site got me in shit a few weeks ago, was half a day late after spending the night ranting on here :uk:

Being a Born Bear in England I can honestly say.....

EDIT: That might just be people I know. I'm not slating all Englishman. I mean I'm fucking half one :uk:

So it is true then, you are "Born a Bluenose" - and I wouldn't have it any other way :21:

Living between Liverpool and Southport, my experience is that football fans here are 50/50 between we are being paranoid or they are very sympathetic!

I have lived in England for a while now (Southport)and have worked all over England

I would say your casual sky watching fan couldn't care less.

but the English guys in my local who actually go to the games mostly Liverpool, Everton and Man U fans do know what is going on and think it's disgusting.

In fact the majority hate the tims even the Man U ones it's a myth spread by the Tims that all teams in England are their friends.

sick of reading shite on forums by fellow Bears who's whole experience of England is a weekend in Blackpool.

I don't know a lot of people here and have no doubts that there will be many like that guy I spoke to today. Just the ones I've met so far. Spoke to a few Pompey fans a while ago and they were saying Rangers are loved down there because of it being a army base town. No one's ever mentioned prefering the scum to me, should bloody well think so too as it's these poor buggers who have to share the bombs with NI

People where I am care more about whats in their sandwiches that day than they do Rangers. In all fairness why would the majority of English care?

That's true but I was just asking out of interest as we keep hearing about our story being interesting news all over. Lots of football fans do take an interest in football in general though and was wondering how the rest of you found things.

That's true but I was just asking out of interest as we keep hearing about our story being interesting news all over. Lots of football fans do take an interest in football in general though and was wondering how the rest of you found things.

Bristol Rovers and City are bigger news here.

I live in West Yorkshire, where the majority of people I work and mix with are Leeds fana. On the whole most of them are sympathetic and knowledgable about what happened to us because they went through it themselves a few years ago.

Most of them have a lot of respect for Rangers, partly because of the European games between us

Good games, 1st time I saw Cantona, was class in 2nd match

What a demise for a club