Bears down south

Bear78

I enjoyed my missionary work in the South of England. :uk:

p.s. One or two of the lads did have Rangers leanings after I had worked my magic. One very religious RC lad became a Ger. A Scottish Tim he met was nearly greetin' when he told him he hated Celtic. Oh the sectarian bile that spouted forth at that point was a site to behold!

Seems there is a fair bit of missionary work going on down here judging by some of the posts on this thread, lol Supporters probably just as important as the team in promoting the club because we play in Scotland, I always try to have a natter whith locals about Rangers when I'm on holiday. Been surprised by how much they know at times, but its mostly been when their working, so it's probably just the fly buggers read up on all teams to try and boost sales, fair play to them, works on me :lol:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any one know what happened to the london supporters club? The websites seems to be down. There must be loads of Bears in London!

http://www.rangersfcsalondonbranch.co.uk

Always works for me and it's kept up to date.

Although not a member of the London RSC, I tend to go to the White Bear to watch the games.

Bristol and Bath loyal?

Didn't know that exsisted any info on it as the link on that website won't work for me. Does it mean like a bus to games and stuff?

Doesnt exist anymore, myself and a few others set it up about 5 years ago, never got off the ground really. I dont live in brissel any more, there are still plenty if bears down there but nothing official

To a man and woman, every one of them cannot believe the other clubs have voted us out. Everyone says it is turkeys voting for Christmas.

Now if loads of people hundreds of miles away and completely independent to the situation can see it.........what does that say about SPL Chairmen ?

Sorry George but two extremely negative posts in one thread is bad enough but to then suggest football fans anywhere would rather watch Come Boak With Me over watching Rangers means you get a negative rep from this Bear.

Sorry Blue Dynamo, I probably deserved the negative rep for the way I said what I said which having read it back wasn't really what I meant! What I really meant to do in my post was to give others a sense of how the average Englishman (or those that I speak to at any rate) feel about what has happened to Rangers which is disbelief and anger that they have been punished and in a way that is likely to damage the other clubs and the quality of the games actually being televised from Scotland i.e. the SPL without Rangers isn't worth watching (okay, the example I gave of what they'd rather watch was maybe pushing it a little! :lol: )

I've moved on and now support Rangers in the 3rd division. I'm enjoying watching them now more than I have for years but I do still reckon that I will have to watch the games at home for a while! Company is shit but at least the beer is cheap! :beer1:

Welcome to Manchester! Most people I know don't really know the ins and outs of how the SFA and other clubs have gone about this whole situation but just can't believe Rangers have actually ended up in Div 3. I think in general people wish to see us get back up to the top although most people don't really have too much of an interest in Scottish football as a whole.

most don't give a toss about Scottish football in the first place, never mind Rangers.

If they do want to discuss it, they are full of misinformation and bull.

Just in case any other Bears in the north of england are interested in using the Stoke supporters bus to get to games, it's £25 and stops at various places north of Stoke. All they ask is that you give them a few weeks notice when letting them know what game your going to so he doesn't have to dissapoint anyone if they just turn up.

All the pick up details are on their website http://www.stoke-rsc.co.uk/

Guys name is Colin and his number is 07514019325

It is although its turning into a bit of a copy of Manchester with all the redevelopment round Pendelton and that area, still good for a :beer1: though :)

Had a drink a while back in Swinton, Red Lion think the boozer was called. Some characters in that pub,

felt like home :lol:

Just joined from Liverpool. Reckon there is a lot of passive support for Rangers, most LFC/EFC fans understand what Rangers have gone through.

Same here, makes me laugh though that most always end up asking how we would be in the premiership and seem to think we'd be like an everton type club. Even if you point to our history of 100,000 + crowds, and filling our staduim against the likes of Motherwell for 30 odd years and now Elgin since the stadium changed, our recent crowd in Manchester and our away European support, and tell them them to factor in equal sky money, the penny still doesn't drop. I think our stadium would have to grow to 80,000 to cope if we played against the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool, and Arsenal every month.

With all that I'd probably be more worried about how long it was going to take for Rangers to catch up with Madrid in Europe ffs :lol:

It's always annoyed me that Rangers can't reach it's true potential because we play in Scottish football

Same here, makes me laugh though that most always end up asking how we would be in the premiership and seem to think we'd be like an everton type club. Even if you point to our history of 100,000 + crowds, and filling our staduim against the likes of Motherwell for 30 odd years and now Elgin since the stadium changed, our recent crowd in Manchester and our away European support, and tell them them to factor in equal sky money, the penny still doesn't drop. I think our stadium would have to grow to 80,000 to cope if we played against the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool, and Arsenal every month.

With all that I'd probably be more worried about how long it was going to take for Rangers to catch up with Madrid in Europe ffs :lol:

It's always annoyed me that Rangers can't reach it's true potential because we play in Scottish football

As an out of towner reckon that a return to SPL football would never be the answer. Really refreshing at Ibrox this season, would love to see the Gers competing against the likes of Man City etc each week.

They generally don't give a fuck about Scottish football, or just say it's shite.

But where I live the majority are either Rangers or Celtic fans with it being a town full of Scot's... was always great on old firm days.

UEFA cup final apart this is the most Rangers have been discussed by English people since i lived here, in general they don't give a fuck but many i know actually seem to be watching for our results and even know about our high attendances...

Actually i have been asked questions here, spain, France and the states over the l;ast few months when that has not been that common a thing over the last few years.

UEFA cup final apart this is the most Rangers have been discussed by English people since i lived here, in general they don't give a fuck but many i know actually seem to be watching for our results and even know about our high attendances...

Actually i have been asked questions here, spain, France and the states over the l;ast few months when that has not been that common a thing over the last few years.

Just as well they are................................if they had to rely on you replying the season would be over tongue.gif

Just in case any other Bears in the north of england are interested in using the Stoke supporters bus to get to games, it's £25 and stops at various places north of Stoke. All they ask is that you give them a few weeks notice when letting them know what game your going to so he doesn't have to dissapoint anyone if they just turn up.

All the pick up details are on their website http://www.stoke-rsc.co.uk/

Guys name is Colin and his number is 07514019325

Are you on the bus for the Montrose game? I'm getting on at Preston.