Lee McCulloch. What a waste.

Don81

With big Jig moving back into midfield in the last couple of games I've been wondering what could have been if he had been played in his correct position as striker all his Rangers career. He could have been prolific for us but instead has been wasted in the midfield, on the left and even defense where unfortunately he rarely plays well. It pisses me off that we have not played to his strengths. He would have been guaranteed 20-30 goals a season up front ( barring injury etc. ) . Still a legend but he could have been so much more :(

With big Jig moving back into midfield in the last couple of games I've been wondering what could have been if he had been played in his correct position as striker all his Rangers career. He could have been prolific for us but instead has been wasted in the midfield, on the left and even defense where unfortunately he rarely plays well. It pisses me off that we have not played to his strengths. He would have been guaranteed 20-30 goals a season up front ( barring injury etc. ) . Still a legend but he could have been so much more :(

Thats nonsense, he was played up front and got abuse for being not good enough and when he did Rangers ALWAYS played the long ball game as that is what suits him, he was then moved back to midfield not just because he was getting too slow. If we were still in the SPL he would only be in the midfield. I am a fan of his passion and support for the club but lets be real...

He was in midfield for the majority of 3 in a row tbf.

Not quite. He played attacking left-mid, left-wing and CB for much of that time.

Plus he spent vast chunks of 3IAR out injured. Which probably explains how we managed to win 3IAR...

He was a good left mid for us and for Scotland. Good overlapping support in the air and a good shot.

Unfortunately too many confuse left midfielder who can offer support to the attack and the occasional goal with being a left winger who should be taking guys on.

Much under rated. See crucial goals against Celtic and Lyon and the very subtle finish for Scotland against the Ukraine.

I do agree right now I'd like him up front. Him and black in midfield is too much. We need more passing players there.

As he has matured he is best suited to a striking role and to be fair I think he has been pretty good when played up top. Good hold up play, better than given credit for touch and awareness and is a decent finisher.

When we signed him he was a kind of left sided support attacker with Wigan. He never was and never is a cm...he slows the play down to much and doesn't have the movement or range of passing to be effective in the middle of the park.

Not quite. He played attacking left-mid, left-wing and CB for much of that time.

Plus he spent vast chunks of 3IAR out injured. Which probably explains how we managed to win 3IAR...

lotta pish mate. (tu)

He played virtually 2 seasons as a central midfielder before Walter left, occasionally switching roles due to injury problems elsewhere.

He must have been doing something right, as we won the title those years and made inroads to Europe.

lotta pish mate. (tu)

He played virtually 2 seasons as a central midfielder before Walter left, occasionally switching roles due to injury problems elsewhere.

He must have been doing something right, as we won the title those years and made inroads to Europe.

He was part of the shambolic central midfields against Kaunus, Malmo and Maribor, and the CL debaclle of the Unirea season.

I don't think we made any inroads in Europe at all in the last couple of years.

He was part of the shambolic central midfields against Kaunus, Malmo and Maribor.

I don't remember anything particular about a 'shambolic' central midfield in those games you have nitpicked. A shambolic defence, maybe and poor finishing.

I don't remember anything particular about a 'shambolic' central midfield in those games you have nitpicked. A shambolic defence, maybe and poor finishing.

Your memories going.

Kaunus in particular was a midfield shambles.

And the Edu?McCuloch partnership was in full effect for Malmo.

He seems to find an extra yard of pace when he is up front. Granted he aint up against David Luiz or Pique but he looks a different player up top. In midfield, unchallenged with the ball, Lee is capable of passing. Close him down or ask him to close someone down and he appears to struggle

Didnt see why we signed Kevin Kyle when jig can play that holding/powerful striker role far better than Kyle. Also plays the upfront role far better than the holding midfielder.

Never rated him as a player in his time at Rangers but in the past year he has become what all young players should look up to in the dedication and way he speaks and feels for the club.