Apparently we have Templeton

The_Blue_Flash

A1qsEpiCAAINA6D.jpg

DAVID TEMPLETON admits he was desperate to sign for Rangers as soon as he heard his former club Hearts was willing to let him move to Ibrox.

The winger has signed a four-year deal with the Light Blues after they agreed an undisclosed fee for him with the Edinburgh outfit.

Despite a hectic 24 hours which saw Templeton score for the Jambos at Liverpool, train on Merseyside this morning then travel by bus to the capital, he hopes to play on Sunday.

Whether the 23-year-old is selected for the side that faces Elgin City remains to be seen as manager Ally McCoist has to weigh up how fresh his latest recruit will be.

Either way, Templeton is eager to get his Gers career underway in earnest and hopes will be high the exciting forward can make a positive impact.

He told RangersTV.tv: “It has been such a long day and we came back up from Liverpool this morning then I was in at Murray Park for quite a while.

“But it’s good to finally get everything done and I’m looking forward to playing for such a massive club.

“I’d heard some things through the papers and stuff like that but it was only really today that I heard from my agent an offer had gone in.

“Once I had come back up the road, I went to meet him and then we came here to talk to Rangers about it.

“It was strange to play at Anfield last night and then speak about coming to Rangers but as soon as the offer was accepted, it was something I wanted to do.

“I wanted to speak with the manager and see how things were. Now I’m really looking forward to getting started.”

Having put pen to paper on a contract that ties him to Rangers until the summer of 2016, Templeton has shown an impressive long-term commitment to the club.

And he is keen to help take the Light Blues back through the divisions and back to the top of Scottish football and taking advice from two of his old Tynecastle colleagues.

Templeton added: “I’ve spoken to some of the boys such as Ian Black and Lee Wallace and they are loving it here.

“Once I had spoken to them, I thought I wanted to be part of this and to help get Rangers back to where they belong. I’m looking forward to being part of that.

“It’s a good challenge for us. I want to help the club succeed and to get back into Europe again as it should be. I’m looking forward to the next four years.”

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

David Cooper Templeton

Read the Wiki which was well cited.

David Templeton was born in Glasgow on 7 January 1989. His father, ex-professional footballer Henry Templeton, who at the time of David's birth was playing for ex-Scotland manager, Ally MacLeod, at Ayr United. Henry's hero was Rangers and Scotland winger Davie Cooper and named his son after his hero. Henry was a small, skilful, tricky attacking player and this seems to have been passed on to David.

I'm thinking... oh yassss!

Then I read on...

In an interview with The Scotsman, Templeton said of his childhood, "My dad left and I went to my mum's side who were all C**tic fans so I ended up following them. I grew up as a C**tic fan but I loved watching Brian Laudrup because of the way he played."

Why the fuck has one of the great unwashed signed for us? Are we paying him way the fuck more than we should?

What do others think about this?

Edit: Here is the link to the actual interview:

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/interview-david-cooper-templeton-hearts-winger-1-1370718

Edit2: Fuck you "dave8098", down repping me for posting facts? WTF?

Edit3: Ahh fuck it nevermind I was being a miserable cunt and deserved it. This boy shown his true colours by signing.

David Cooper Templeton

Then I read on...

Why the fuck has one of the great unwashed signed for us? Are we paying him way the fuck more than we should?

http://www.scotsman.com/sport/interview-david-cooper-templeton-hearts-winger-1-1370718

Its well known that nobody cares about this (tu)

Confirmed by official RFC website: :clap:

ALLY McCOIST has secured his top target of the summer transfer window with the capture of David Templeton.

The Rangers boss has been a long time admirer of the young winger and will be pleased to seal the deal.

Templeton's arrival marks the eighth signing of the summer after Dean Shiels, Ian Black, Fran Sandaza, Kevin Kyle, Emilson Cribari, Anestis Argyriou and Sebastien Faure.

The exciting young talent signed a four-year deal with the Light Blues at Murray Park late on Friday and moves for an undisclosed fee.

That came just 24 hours after the 23-year-old scored against Liverpool at Anfield and he only arrived back in Scotland on Friday evening.

He immediately made the trip to Auchenhowie to complete negotiations and seal a move to the 54-times Scottish champions. :21:

David Cooper Templeton

Then I read on...

He might have grew up one of them but has already shown more loyality than the supposed real Rangers men who walked out on us, welcome him with open arms whoever he supports, if he is up for the great adventure ahead he gets my thumbs up.

A1qsEpiCAAINA6D.jpg

DAVID TEMPLETON admits he was desperate to sign for Rangers as soon as he heard his former club Hearts was willing to let him move to Ibrox.

The winger has signed a four-year deal with the Light Blues after they agreed an undisclosed fee for him with the Edinburgh outfit.

Despite a hectic 24 hours which saw Templeton score for the Jambos at Liverpool, train on Merseyside this morning then travel by bus to the capital, he hopes to play on Sunday.

Whether the 23-year-old is selected for the side that faces Elgin City remains to be seen as manager Ally McCoist has to weigh up how fresh his latest recruit will be.

Either way, Templeton is eager to get his Gers career underway in earnest and hopes will be high the exciting forward can make a positive impact.

He told RangersTV.tv: “It has been such a long day and we came back up from Liverpool this morning then I was in at Murray Park for quite a while.

“But it’s good to finally get everything done and I’m looking forward to playing for such a massive club.

“I’d heard some things through the papers and stuff like that but it was only really today that I heard from my agent an offer had gone in.

“Once I had come back up the road, I went to meet him and then we came here to talk to Rangers about it.

“It was strange to play at Anfield last night and then speak about coming to Rangers but as soon as the offer was accepted, it was something I wanted to do.

“I wanted to speak with the manager and see how things were. Now I’m really looking forward to getting started.”

Having put pen to paper on a contract that ties him to Rangers until the summer of 2016, Templeton has shown an impressive long-term commitment to the club.

And he is keen to help take the Light Blues back through the divisions and back to the top of Scottish football and taking advice from two of his old Tynecastle colleagues.

Templeton added: “I’ve spoken to some of the boys such as Ian Black and Lee Wallace and they are loving it here.

“Once I had spoken to them, I thought I wanted to be part of this and to help get Rangers back to where they belong. I’m looking forward to being part of that.

“It’s a good challenge for us. I want to help the club succeed and to get back into Europe again as it should be. I’m looking forward to the next four years.”

Its well known that nobody cares about this (tu)

Well actually the situation is a bit different than usual, and that was sort of the point I was making. I.e. given that he's dropped from the 1st to the 4th tier to join us, I think that says two things:

1) We are (obviously) the biggest club in Scotland no matter what division we play in. (I seriously doubt any other team in the world, facing the same situation, would be able to sign a player from the top division in their country.)

2) He's seen the blue light since he was a daft wee boy, and realised he has more in common with his da than his maw.