Templeton vs Naismith

Ricky_

10's not a magic number, make it 15 or 20, i just thought if your in the top 10 in the world then your pretty much considered world class. Your suggesting X amount of keepers can reach a certain level and all be considered one of the best in the world. The fact is allan mcgregor is not world class, and its highly unlikely he ever will be.

theres not an number, it's comparative terms to the standard otu there just now. Thats why we put things into certain 'classes'. Schools might put you in the 'top class' for maths in yoru school, because comparatively to the rest of the students you might be one of the best. But if you moved toa bigger school with 2000 pupils you might find yourself being rather mediocre.

How professional goalkeepers are there in the world? Also, note that at no time did i say i thought he was world class, just think on his day hes there or there abouts. There is no way there is any kind of 'gulf' between him, and say, casilles. I wacthed Madrid vs Valencia first game of the season and Iker came running out to meet a cross he was never getting in a million years, lost his team 2 points and KO'd himself and Pepe in the process. My honest opinion is there isnt a great deal of difference between McGregor and some of the guys you consider' world class'. I actually think it's a poor era for Goalkeepers right now, none of the current GK's would be consider 'world class' compared to the greats of past eras.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

theres not an number, it's comparative terms to the standard otu there just now. Thats why we put things into certain 'classes'. Schools might put you in the 'top class' for maths in yoru school, because comparatively to the rest of the students you might be one of the best. But if you moved toa bigger school with 2000 pupils you might find yourself being rather mediocre.

How professional goalkeepers are there in the world? Also, note that at no time did i say i thought he was world class, just think on his day hes there or there abouts. There is no way there is any kind of 'gulf' between him, and say, casilles. I wacthed Madrid vs Valencia first game of the season and Iker came running out to meet a cross he was never getting in a million years, lost his team 2 points and KO'd himself and Pepe in the process. My honest opinion is there isnt a great deal of difference between McGregor and some of the guys you consider' world class'. I actually think it's a poor era for Goalkeepers right now, none of the current GK's would be consider 'world class' compared to the greats of past eras.

Your entitled to your opinion mate, i just think your wrong. I watched allan mcgregor come through and play for yearss before he left. Not once did i ever consider him world class, and if you dont think theres that much of a difference between and casilles, then id suggest im wastin my time debating it, your minds made up.

Buffon will go down in history as one of the greatest keepers thats ever lived, i think hes comparable to past greats.

Interesting your comparisons to school classes, thats exactly whats happened with mcgregor. Superb, infact different class when conpared to local keepers in our league, put him out there in the big bad world, and keepers like him are 10 a penny. Id go as far as to say he'll probably never even be recognised as the best keeper in turkey. Not far off world class though eh.

He's not world class. Very few players earn that. I would say to be world class you have to be a stand out at the top level over a sustained period and be considered among the best in a generation. Zidane was world class, Messi, both Ronaldos, Schmeichel. Not Alan fuckin McGregor

Naismith's biggest asset was his determination, workrate, engine and clever runs. Templeton offers far more natural ability.....

Having said that - naisy was a great player to have. But a decent to good footballer. Whereas templeton has much more ability but is likely to drift in and out of games.

Both have their pro's. But, personally.... I'd much rather take ability over workrate - temps all the way!!!

Its a shame that we don't have them both, however it took naismith a while to break into the team and then when he did, he got a bad injury, I think he became a better player after the injury and then he got injured again, then he fucked the club over.

Templeton has got off to a perfect start and once he gets a better understanding with little and jig, hopefully he will only get better

Templeton joined us in the third division few days after playing an impressive game against Liverpool in the Europa qualifiers.

Where as some injury prone wank thought it would be dignified to hold a press conference with another overrated injury prone liability and announce there Intention to walk away(chase the money)

Temps all the way can't wait for the draw I really want dundee hivs really hate them with a passion now.

I was appalled at what Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) said about Templeton, its not very nice and not very professional. I mean he played for them for over five years, almost got them through against Liverpool and thats how they repay him, every paper in the land quoting Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) "Hes a waster" big headlines. He is still a young guy and thats not nice for anyone.

I was sat at Ibrox last night watching him play, was very impressed and when he got the goals, said "...its good Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) let us take that waster off their hands..."in jest, they think he had a problem, well we will take him with open arms.

Some of the stick he has recieved for choosing us has been almost comical, i mean that motherwell guy on espn yesterday, he was livid (why it affects him?) that Temps had chosen us over anywhere else. He said he shouldnt have gone to the third division, he should have waited for the championship?? What a joke, so what we are in the third division.

WE ARE AND ALWAYS WILL BE THE FAMOUS GLASGOW RANGERS :uk:

It's difficult to say, as the competition Templeton was up against yesterday, quite a few on here could probably have skinned... Naismith proved his ability at a better level while playing for us.

I've no doubt in years to come when we're back were we belong, that Templeton could be one of the best wingers we've had in a long while and prove even better than Naismith. The fact he has come down to Div 3 without even a minutes doubt makes him a better Ger than Naismith ever was tho.

Many thanks to Super for making this happen and giving the fans a true entertainer to delight us every week!!!

Far too early to say, think Temps has more potential than Naismith. Although the position Naismith played he was going to be more involved.

I think Temps will need to work on his consistency, if he is not on his game it is really important he doesn't hide. He could get away with that at Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club).

--

Lol, someone fix that for me!

Steven Naismith spat in our faces and fucked off, Tempelton dropped 3 divisions to pull on our strip so he's automatically better than Naismith has ever been in my eyes.

Templeton>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nai-shame-smith.

Far too early to say, think Temps has more potential than Naismith. Although the position Naismith played he was going to be more involved.

I think Temps will need to work on his consistency, if he is not on his game it is really important he doesn't hide. He could get away with that at Hearts (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club) (SFL3 feeder club).

--

Lol, someone fix that for me!

I really can't see him hiding in all fairness... I reckon he realised pretty early on yesterday that he was of a better quality and seemed to revel in that.

It's like when you used to play the school that all the other schools gubbed 10-0 when you were wee... you used to beg for the ball to run by 2 or 3 at a time before shooting from outisde the box into the wee fat goalie who would dive the wrong way

Templeton has a better first touch, better initial movement after receiving the ball, has an eye for a pass and can score. These are all natural abilities that can't be taught. ok, perhaps a wee bit.. but .. he has it in his DNA.

Naismith was a leader and got in the face of everyone (Remember "Ya Baldy C*nt""?) and made great runs and can finish (outside of the right boot vs the scum?)

So as has been stated in a few posts..

Templeton has better natural ability...Naismith perhaps a better all round player at this time -- and had passion for us. But the future is brighter with Templeton imho. We have guys to fight in the trenches.. Black, Jig... We'll just let David Cooper Templeton play football. That does for me.

Still amazed his signing for me said "F*ck the SPL .. Give me The Rangers in SFL Div 3" (after scoring at Anfield.....) Amazing -- unless of course you're talking about our beloved club The Rangers. 00000042.gif

He is not world class, and what do you class as "up there"? In the top 10? In one league.

I said he wasn't far off world class.

Name me "30/40/50" better strikers in world football then, cheers.

And I'd say he's in the top 5/6 in the league tbh. Apart from Van Persie, Rooney, Tevez and Aguero, I'm struggling to think of anyone better.

Aye, keep going....

I'm awaiting another 40 names in world football.

You asked who i thought was better than him in the epl, theres five straight away, is he better than ballotelli? Dzeko? Adebyour? Torres? Defoe maybe? Berbatov? Giroud? Fletchers a proven scorer down there now, you could argue a case for him? Podolski? Lukaku?

You could argue all day about that list, but im sure there would be plenty ould argue a case for each of them. Stick lambert in there aswell soon.

Im not goin to sit and write 40 players, i dont think i said 40 for sure anyway did i?

Point is, i dont think hes world class. We've seen better at ibrox that werent considered world class.

I said he wasn't far off world class.

Name me "30/40/50" better strikers in world football then, cheers.

And I'd say he's in the top 5/6 in the league tbh. Apart from Van Persie, Rooney, Tevez and Aguero, I'm struggling to think of anyone better.

I reckon if i sat down and tried it, i could come up with 30 strikers in world football that you could atleast argue a case were better than jelavic.

Edit, if thats the best you can do then i suggest you start watchin premiership games, or atleast buy fifa