Templeton vs Naismith

Ricky_

I'm delighted Super & Charlie managed to land David Templeton. Best signing in a while. Now i admit i got it wrong, to an extent with Steven the traitor Naismith, but when we signed him i never really rated him, and for his first season and a half i thought he was a complete waste of money. Why? Well, his touch was, and still is to an extent, far too heavy almost every time. I did eat some humble pie however because he really came into his own and showed outstanding technical abilty in other areas of his game (that outside of the boot volley vs celtic) and showed great power and pace, and work rate.

But in David Templeton, we've got a player who, without any doubt, is far superior with the ball at his feet. His ball control, first touch and ability to run with the ball is more on a par with Sone aluko than the far more crude Naismith.

I don't think he is as complete however, but ofcourse that will come with time. All in all though, i think with time, ther won't be any question who is the better player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hxwgzB8frk8

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Templeton is a better dribber and has a decent shot. He's still young and will get better. But in terms of what they were both like before they got signed by rangers i'd say templeton is different class, and that is without rangers working on his abilities. Also templeton is quicker and can make skinning a man easy. He also has a decent cross which will get better the more he trains with the coaches of rangers. He is a better prospect than naismith and look what we did with him. Templeton is going to be a star for rangers.

Templeton is a better dribber and has a decent shot. He's still young and will get better. But in terms of what they were both like before they got signed by rangers i'd say templeton is different class, and that is without rangers working on his abilities. Also templeton is quicker and can make skinning a man easy. He also has a decent cross which will get better the more he trains with the coaches of rangers. He is a better prospect than naismith and look what we did with him. Templeton is going to be a star for rangers.

No-ones opinion of naismith is lower than mine after everything that happened but to be fair you have to say Naismith is a top class player who has proved his ability at International level and in the champions league (only after we got him through two serious injuries mind you...prick)

Templeton is still young and relatively inexperienced with regard international and European football...The lad will be a great player for us but I dont know if he is or will be as good as naismith.

No-ones opinion of naismith is lower than mine after everything that happened but to be fair you have to say Naismith is a top class player who has proved his ability at International level and in the champions league (only after we got him through two serious injuries mind you...prick)

Templeton is still young and relatively inexperienced with regard international and European football...The lad will be a great player for us but I dont know if he is or will be as good as naismith.

depends what you mean by 'top class'. in the SPL? yes. Beyond that... i'm surprised he was signed by Everton to be honest, with the sort of wage bill and budget they have i'd expect them to sign players much beter on the ball.

Jelavic was agreat signing and a snip for them, i never had any doubt about Jelas ability, at international & premiership level - he's the best player ive seen in the SPL since perhaps Ronald DeBoer. Naisy though, simply doesnt have the touch to get to that level.

Its a little unfair to compare them as players, as they both have different styles, and naismith has achieved much more. I hope we dont put too much pressure on Templeton, but he certainly has the ability to go a long way, and even surpass what naismith has done.

I think he could turn out to be the best piece of business we have done for many a year. I just hope we dont expect miracles every game from him. He is still youngish, and therefore will still be inconsistent, much like most wingers.

Realistic. The traitor was on par with Jelavic, who was also a world class player at times.

We severely under appreciate our own product in this country.

i don't. maybe your definiation of world class is pretty loose.

Alan McGregor, on his day, maybe.

Naismith is punching above his weight at everton - Jelavic could probably do better, he's a class above.

i don't. maybe your definiation of world class is pretty loose.

Alan McGregor, on his day, maybe.

Naismith is punching above his weight at everton - Jelavic could probably do better, he's a class above.

I'll admit I haven't seen much of Everton this season, that's purely down to my hatred for the glass kneed bandit, but from what I seen of Jelavic last season he was a cut above everyone else in the league outside the top four. Naismith was his equal.

I'm putting two and two together.

Naismith isn't a winger.... so ?

As a football player Naismith is much better.

The young guy Templeton is naturally gifted though as Aluko was.... so a right decent player with years of good stuff to come from him in a Gers top.

Templeton will have to be putting in a lot of work in the gym for these next few seasons having seen at first hand the nasty tackling some of these hammer-throwers dish out.... ask Black.

As long as Super can keep the guys organised, especially away from home and get us always playing a quickish passing game using the wings.... I recon we'll win the next two league titles at a canter.

Remember one of my mates who was youth development at Stenhousemuir telling me that this boy was pretty good,not seen him in a while but hats off to him for bringing him on,honestly what a brilliant set up at my local club,my boy after playing today went along to the Stenny game ,entrance free,then after so many games he gets a scarf,then a strip,lessons to be learned Rangers...