Purple strip

Shearer

Slightly off topic but what are the recent goalkeeper shirts like to wear, are they really tight around the neck? Not had a keeper shirt since the Goram days.

I got the yellow one when it first came out, I found it tight round the neck as you say. It's that elastic material as a base type of layer then the normal v-neck collar.

Quite like that purple one.

Slightly off topic but what are the recent goalkeeper shirts like to wear, are they really tight around the neck? Not had a keeper shirt since the Goram days.

I got the yellow one when it first came out, I found it tight round the neck as you say. It's that elastic material as a base type of layer then the normal v-neck collar.

Cheers for the reply. I assumed they'd be tighter around the neck given the fact it's a goalkeeper shirt but just wondering in case it was uncomfortable tight.

Cheers for the reply. I assumed they'd be tighter around the neck given the fact it's a goalkeeper shirt but just wondering in case it was uncomfortable tight.

It's a well known fact that goalkeepers like being slightly choked at all times.

Kinky fuckers.

Horrible.

I wont be buying that.

WVB ???

Posted Today, 06:29 PM

Right, today I bought that new purple top in the megastore........saw it on Thursday night, but decided to grab one today. For some reason, I thought it was our away top, but its a goalkeepers top. Its still smart, I think, and I'll wear it anyway, but what the hell are our kits? I haven't been paying attention obviously.

The blue one is the first kit, as always.

The dreadful black thing with the blue pinstripes is the 3rd kit

Would I be right in thinking the away kit is that white thing we had on at Falkirk? I never saw any in the Megastore. Were they there?

I'm actually prefer the purple keepers top....but I'd still like to know what the hell is what!

Ross McWhirter Loyal RSC

doh doh doh

Can anyone remember a purple training top around 91-93? I've got vague memories of somebody at school with one. It was really smart.

Last purple keeper's top I can remember was the one with the grey and purple squares. 94/95ish?

That keeper top was a screamer, as was the home one which was red and yellow. Cant think when that was, was it the 2nd adidas kit, that did come out 94/95? We kept that strip until summer 96, when we brought out the last adidas kit, the keeper top was white with red and blue stripes on the sleeves, the away keeper top had the sillouette (sp) of ibrox on an yellow and red background.

That keeper top was a screamer, as was the home one which was red and yellow. Cant think when that was, was it the 2nd adidas kit, that did come out 94/95? We kept that strip until summer 96, when we brought out the last adidas kit, the keeper top was white with red and blue stripes on the sleeves, the away keeper top had the sillouette (sp) of ibrox on an yellow and red background.

Think it was 94/95ish. I'm sure the same design was at USA 94 on the keepers tops of the Germans and Bulgaria etc. I remember that white top, wasn't very flattering on a man of Andy Goram's physique. The away top was a stunner.