Rangers fans would be granted just 285 tickets

54andcounting

Forres given go ahead to host Rangers match By Craig Christie

A MASS Scottish Cup football ticket scramble is set to break out in Moray.

Forres Mechanics have been given the go ahead to stage their Scottish Cup tie against Rangers at their tiny Mosset Park ground.

Forres Mechanics in action at Mosset Park

With the stadium’s capacity limited to under 1,500 fans, demand for a ticket to the second round match on September 29 will be huge.

But club manager Charlie Rowley said he was overjoyed that his team would be on home soil for the visit of the Ibrox giants.

The big match may even be moved from its scheduled date, with the possibility that Sky or BBC will snap up rights to screen the match live on TV.

Rowley said: "This is exactly what we wanted. I’m just absolutely delighted.

"We’re now trying to put things in place to raise the capacity for the match."

Mosset Park’s official capacity is 1,476, although the stadium may be able to hold more spectators if safety guidelines are met.

Rowley revealed that because the ground has just one stand, with grass embankments on three sides, fans are only allowed to stand one deep along the barriers surrounding the pitch.

Temporary stands would be far too expensive, he added, but bringing in a non-slip material such as safety matting on to the grass terraces is one option Mechanics are exploring.

If the current capacity is maintained, Rangers fans would be granted just 285 tickets as visiting clubs are given a maximum of 20% of the total amount put on sale.

That will also give Forres a headache to overcome, with the potential of hundreds of ticketless Rangers fans arriving on the day of the match.

But the news that Mosset Park will stage potentially the biggest match in the club’s history will kick off cup fever in the town.

If the match was shown live on TV, it would help to alleviate the problem posed with ticket limitations.

Sky and BBC’s Scottish Cup contract does not begin until the fourth round, it is understood, but they may have the option to screen the contest.

From the "Northern Scot" paper! what ever that is!!! :lol:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know doh maybe they are counting on home advantage. :pipe:

Which judging by our away form this season would be a good advantage to have :anguish:

However, our last 2 performances gives me hope that maybe our away fortunes will chance. I fear much of the same though :( Please prove me wrong, Rangers.

Because alot of Rangers fans will not travel if it's at a SPL ground like the sheeps ground.

I still think the financial advantages will be in the favour of FM rather than the SPhell team.

Probably just me though.

Do you think they will be able to pull 1,200 off fans?

This is where 'sporting integrity' actually becomes a real thing. Do you stay at the ground you've played at throughout your history for a match against the biggest team in the country, or do you move slightly for the financial benefits?

Something about the romanticism of playing in such a tiny stadium makes me think it would be kinda cool if it went ahead at Mosset Park, a sort of 'I was there moment', but if they were to move it to the bigger ground, then you couldn't really criticise them.

Fair play-If they did end up moving it to Aberdeen then I would want the Aberdeen board or whatever to get only the hosting fee and nothing more as if they moved it due to overcrowding and finance the money should be with the wee club.

Here's an idea....... if they do put it on tv, why doesnt Rangers show it on the big screen at Ibrox

and charge a minimal fee. Have the reserve and youth players there and have the bears bring the family.

Think it would be a great day. Kind of a fan apreciation day. Just a thought....

Fair play-If they did end up moving it to Aberdeen then I would want the Aberdeen board or whatever to get only the hosting fee and nothing more as if they moved it due to overcrowding and finance the money should be with the wee club.

From memory, the SFA get a 5% levy on the gate income, the host club would then get 20% and the two clubs involved in the tie split the remainder 50/50. The only chance Forres have is if they play it on their own park. Anywhere else and they will suffer a heavy defeat. Maybe at Mosset Park they are hoping for a draw and a replay at Ibrox. That would be better than a share of the gate at Inverness or wherever it is held. But it can't be held at a neutral ground for financial reasons.

From memory, the SFA get a 5% levy on the gate income, the host club would then get 20% and the two clubs involved in the tie split the remainder 50/50. The only chance Forres have is if they play it on their own park. Anywhere else and they will suffer a heavy defeat. Maybe at Mosset Park they are hoping for a draw and a replay at Ibrox. That would be better than a share of the gate at Inverness or wherever it is held. But it can't be held at a neutral ground for financial reasons.

Okay but say they insist on hosting the game and get beaten-would they not make more money in a bigger ground?

Unless they are planning on charging CL prices for the game..........

Okay but say they insist on hosting the game and get beaten-would they not make more money in a bigger ground?

Unless they are planning on charging CL prices for the game..........

They can't hold it at Pittodrie for instance. It can only hold it at the nearest available ground with a similar (?) capacity. They can't hold it at a neutral ground simply to make more money. As for the price of tickets, if the two clubs can't agree on a price then it is the price they would normally charge for a home game that applies.

They can't hold it at Pittodrie for instance. It can only hold it at the nearest available ground with a similar (?) capacity. They can't hold it at a neutral ground simply to make more money. As for the price of tickets, if the two clubs can't agree on a price then it is the price they would normally charge for a home game that applies.

So as you said earlier they will be fighting tooth and nail for a replay!

So as you said earlier they will be fighting tooth and nail for a replay!

The club officials will be wanting that - but it isn't them that's on the park and players always play for a win.

To use a joke from Radio Snyde - they are on £500 a man to win and £2000 a man to draw.

They looked into moving it and decided not to, they have had all the meetings with police, etc and it goes ahead at Forres stadium, unless something drastic changes.

We’ve booked hospitality for it.

This is where 'sporting integrity' actually becomes a real thing. Do you stay at the ground you've played at throughout your history for a match against the biggest team in the country, or do you move slightly for the financial benefits?

Something about the romanticism of playing in such a tiny stadium makes me think it would be kinda cool if it went ahead at Mosset Park, a sort of 'I was there moment', but if they were to move it to the bigger ground, then you couldn't really criticise them.

this is what "the romance of the cup" means, a really small club getting a HUGE club at home,

i applaud them for keeping the game at their home ground, rather than trying to make a quick buck, not like the bloodsucking parasites, who only want US for a "meal ticket".

i,m sure even with Forres having a voucher system to get their own support in, some of the more enterprising bears will have ways and means of obtaining a ticket.

get up early, get the locals "pissed" and BUY (not pinch) their tickets from them, at face value, no touts.